Wow Schotty..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by raphac, Nov 30, 2011.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. While most teams don't have the Saints weapons, the Jets have pretty darn good offensive weapons. LT is a great pass catcher for a RB,,, Keller is a great pass catching TE. Holmes, Burress, Kerley. Mcknight is explosive. That's alot of offense there. Let's not act like they have no one on offense.

2. The_W

The_W Banned

+1

This, basically in a nutshell.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Most teams that throw for 300+ yds a game lose, they throw for that much b/c they are trailing and need to throw to catch up.

Example:

Cam Newton:

In 8 losses he has averaged passing for 309 yds/gm
    In 3 wins 207

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Did anyone bother to read the article instead of pulling out vitriol and fodder against Schotty and Sanchez? Jesus Christ.

While I am no longer supporting Schotty, the article makes a point about QBs coming into the league having lower ceilings because they are already playing in pro-style systems. So because the QBs in the league are not "lighting it up" on their 3rd or 4th year, then they all suck.

As the article points out, Flacco, Sanchez, Ryan and Freeman (and you could probably throw Stafford and Bradford in the mix as well) are not playing to the expectations of the fans and media, not necessarily the team or league's expectations.

All these QBs may have lower ceilings because they were all playing in pro-style systems before they got to the NFL. The same is possible of Luck. So Schotty makes a statement that 350+ yards doesn't always equate to wins or a formula for winning because its not clock control. Not that I want to defend Schotty, but he does bring up some valid points.

Try RIF before posting unnecessary diatribe.

5. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

:lol:

your gonna tell me that because some teams have to play catch up and end up getting a lot of yards in the air it means that throwing for 350 yards is a bad thing? you do realize how badly we could have used that yardage right? some extra first downs, maybe a few more tds...

6. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

totally read it i just think that he is a coach throwing his player under the bus because he wants to keep his job and he sounds like a schmuck.

7. nyjunc

Most teams that pass for high yardage lose b/c it means they are playing catch up. I'd rather have my QB throw for 200 a game than 300+ a game.

This reminds me of dolphin fans telling me Chad henne was better than Sanchez b/c he had more 300 yd games- he's 2-5 in games where he has passed for over 300 yds.

Very few teams can throw enough to pass for 300+ yds a game and win consistently.

8. itwasluck

itwasluck New Member

Yeah that sounds about right

9. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

ha...ahaha...ahahahahahahaha:rofl2:

I really wish I could find that gif of all 4 receivers running 5 yard hook routes on third and 7.

Schotty had Drew Brees, after Brees separated from him he became a stud QB.

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I thought we started the season with the thought of throwing the ball dowfield more and getting away from the ground and pound mentality?
    Maybe that would have been a good time for Schotty to whip up a few of those 350 yd games?
    Did I miss something?

11. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

No, he wouldn't.

We gave him Brett Favre in 2008, here is what Favre did:

3472 Yards
    22 TDs
    22 INTS.

Favre got a competent offensive coordinator in 2009 and here is what he did:

4202 Yards
    33 TDs
    7 INTs

Want to blame Favre's midseason injury? He still sucked in the first half of the season compared to what he did with the Vikings. He didn't have even one 300 yard game with the Jets. He had 6 during the regular season in 2009 with the Vikings.

2008-2009 Farve was an elite quarterback, and Shotty did nothing but drag his numbers down.

I can dig up similar numbers for Pennington (and I did before).

You can give Shotty Marino, Montana, Elway or Brees and he'll still make them look like busts.

In fact, Shotty had Brees before. In San Diego Shotty was the QB coach for Brees as dirty6sanchez mentioned.

Brees never had a 4000 yard season with the Chargers, but he left and has had nothing but 4000 yard seasons ever since then.

3 step shottys offense is ass, and it drags down the stats of quarterbacks. He is Quarterback poison as both an offensive coordinator and a QB coach. Sanchez may very well be playing badly, but it also stands to reason that he'd be better with another offensive coordinator.

12. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

[​IMG]
    here ya go.

13. Dirty6Sanchez

Thank you kindly:beer:

14. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Lets put this one here too:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#34 Organized Chaos, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  15. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

just fire this dbag and eat up his salary. convince tom moore to be the oc or find someone competent ffs!

16. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

hahahahah - awesome!!!!!

17. nyjunc

what did Favre do last year? In 2008 he got Favre a month before the season in a new system for the first time in forever, in 2009 Minny got him w/ a month in a system he knew. HUGE difference.

18. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

why are you trying to say throwing for 350 would be a bad thing? its not like teams that throw that much are automatically losing. but i guess if it happens a couple times then it must be the case. dont mention though that in these games the other teams have had tremendous amounts of offense if a team gives up that many yards and is still not losing the game.

19. Dirty6Sanchez

By that logic he should have improved drastically as the season progressed, which he really did not.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You may have missed the three game losing streak and Ryan saying after the second loss that the Jets were going back to ground and pound.