Sanchez interception today...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjay14, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

If my Quarterback is willing to throw into quadruple coverage from his own end zone, my Quarterback is going to hear criticism, because that's a retarded decision regardless of play design.

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

if my quarterback is put in a decision where his options are:

safety
    safety
    safety
    throw into triple coverage

then my OC is going to hear criticism, for begging his offense to fail

3. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Just don't know how you kill Sanchez alone for the outcome of this play. Just last week we had a thread where Schotty runs all 4 WR's in same pattern short of the 1st down. It was horrendous.

Last night watching the Saints offense was like watching a breath of fresh air. Yeah, they have the weapons and the execution is great, but the play design is unpredictable and really spreads the field. They seem to go with tight sets that expand and develop really, really quickly. It was like the anti Schotty offense.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yeah but I don't believe the notion that there was only one target to throw to. There's no fucking way that's the case.

I'm not trying to "kill" Sanchez for this play, but moreso shed light on the alarming amount of times he's done this this season. The guy is a pick-six machine.

#184 Jake, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

His OC is a pick six machine. We used to blame ole noodle arm for all those..but it's a trend that spans players.

And There was ONE target. Go back, look at the Picture.

Greene is one step over the goal line and the ball is already gone.

Count the green shirts. #of Green shirts in the pic=10.

And FWIW. He made a good throw. Over the underneath guy to Holmes. He just didn't see the Corner, bc he wasn't looking for him.

IF the CB is not under the route, the FS is flat footed and Holmes is still running.

The Fake to Greene is what killed that play.

6. FLorida-Jet

FLorida-Jet Banned

Ok, so Sanchez threw an INT, and also finished with a low completion percentage on Sunday. Big deal. He won us the game when it mattered most. Plaxico also came up big during clutch situations.

He also finished with a career high of 4 TD's through the air, a QB rating of 90.2, along with a game winning TD drive against a division rival (that kept our postseason hopes alive) against a Buffalo defense that was also fighting for their playoff lives.

Not to mention that Sanchez led our offense to 28 offensive points during a game where both our special teams and defensive performances were awful.

If a younger Pennington were in that same situation during our last 4th quarter drive, Pennington would have thrown an INT on a simple 7 yard out route.

7. mute

mute Well-Known Member

when I see some sh!t like this, all I gotta do is laugh :rofl: Who in their right mind can draw this sh!t up. We dont even see this in Madden.

#187 mute, Nov 29, 2011
  8. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

we have the still photo and the video, both posted multiple times in this thread. there is really no argument here

9. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

That's so ridiculously stupid. Schottenheimer is a big part of the problem, but he's not on the field. It's Sanchez's job to read coverages (both before and after the snap) and make decisions, and he's done a shitty job of that for the most part this season.

Look at the Goodman or the Ninkovich pick sixes. Maybe they were poorly designed plays, but that doesn't excuse Sanchez to make the worst possible read in the worst possible situation. If you absolve the quarterback of all responsibility for those throws then you're either too biased towards Sanchez or too biased against Schottenheimer (or both) to be taken seriously.

10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Lol, talk about a pic saying it all. Nice play design. :rofl2:

11. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Holding and a safety is still better than an Interception so well worth the risk of a holding penalty.

Additionally if Sanchez can't make a decision under that type of Pressure then he's definitely never going to be a Franchise QB. Period.

Now granted part of the problem here is Sanchez being slow to read coverages, I've addressed this issue many times, It was clear the coverage wasn't what they expected very early in the play but Sanchez didn't read it quickly, if at all judging from that pick. If you read that coverage quickly you roll to the right a couple yards and dump the ball. Smart QB's do this all the time.

If Sanchez can't make those decisions Added pressure decisions, as you suggest, it's time to shop for a new QB.

I've not called for Sanchez being released or replaced yet. And even if I did I think Sanchez gets one more season from the Jets unless he totally falls apart in these last few games...and I believe he should get one more season.

But in this off season the Jets must get a competent alternative to Sanchez should he continue to struggle with his reads and his accuracy next season. I've supported Sanchez up till now and given him a pass on his weaknesses, but he doesn't get a pass anymore, he's not an inexperienced kid anymore, this is the NFL, if you haven't picked it up in 3 seasons you shouldn't remain a starter. I like Mark, he's a good kid, but like I said, This is the NFL.

12. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Mark could never run an offense like that, he's too inaccurate with his throws and he's too slow making reads on the defense. The Saints offense thrives because Breeze is very accurate with his passes, Recievers seldom have to adjust much to the ball and often the ball meets them in stride so that they can make moves and gain YAC instead of constantly having to stop to or reach back because the ball is behind them, leap for balls thrown over their heads even when they're open, or dive for balls under thrown. Additionally Breeze makes very quick reads and often know's where the covereage will be before the ball is even snapped this allows him to quickly hit the open reciever as soon as he breaks open, and not well after the fact. All this leads to ALOT of YAC.

Most of the time Jet Receivers are getting hit as they catch the ball because the ball is late getting to them and or off target.

13. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

So you prefer a bunch lineup where people get no separation, and a spread formation where routes converge on each other?

Yeah, every other QB would do great with that.

I don't know, just shooting from the hip here...

Get in a bunch formation with the run looking looking 60/40. Chip blocks. 1 of the 4 runs left in case something really goes crazy, the TE on the left runs a seam, the receivers on the right run 5 and 15 yard outs. QB makes a read and either stays in the pocket or play fakes and rolls to the right.

At least 1 safety is drawn in, as are the linebackers. Oh snap! Our QB is awesome when he rolls to his right. Suddenly it's 3 against 2 football. I'm no OC because I don't have a famous last name, but it doesn't make it rocket science.

14. Hobbes3259

Yeah.

We're talking about a specific play. 1 WR in double coverage (by design) with a 3rd DB undercutting the route, BC we faked to the deep back...

The Picture does not lie.

Nor does the History.

15. Hobbes3259

So, Is it that Pennington and Sanchez both suck..without regard that Pennington and Favre (whose career prior to NY cannot be discounted) had Career Years after LEAVING Schotty?

The only thing ridiculously stupid, is your unwillingness to face fact.

1 WR in a pattern. 10 men at the goal line. Throwing from 4 yards deep. Yeah. That's sanchez. You can argue the point, but..it's asinine.

#195 Hobbes3259, Nov 29, 2011
  16. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Sanchez threw some stupid passes against the Bills but that pick is on Schitty. Every pass play should have options. Sanchez options were pick,safety or try to run and probably get a holding call. I'm thoroughly convinced Schottenheimer comes to games with a list of plays he's going to run and is going to call them regardless of the situation. He's a robot and he's making our QB one too.

#196 Franchize, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  17. The_W

The_W Banned

This has to be a joke post, right? Especially the bolded part.

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Shonn Greene is the checkdown, correct? He stays in to chip and then breaks free on a route. That's the direction the pass should've been aborted, if he can't scamper back to the LOS. Instead he threw into quadruple coverage.

19. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Yeah throw it to Shonn Green while he's behind the goal line so that he can get tackled for a safety.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Throw it at his feet. Hit him in the left fuckin ass cheek. Run to the LOS. Don't throw into quad coverage from your own endzone. This was a bad decision, albeit in a bad situation. Bad call by Schittsnap as usual.

Yes, the design was/is retarded, but it's always retarded, that's all Chez knows. This pick six in particular, I think, was a shitty ass decision/execution by our boy.

I'll reiterate that I think he'll get it together so long as the OL gives him a pocket, but the margin for error is slim and the pick sixes have to stop.