Mike Devito sprained MCL out vs. Skins.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Milliner is your Mommy, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I love Mike Devito but I'm always excited to see more Ropati and Kendrick Ellis will be playing. Ellis was a scratch again against the Bills so lets see what he can do when he gets the chance to play.

2. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

My initial thought at the news that DeVito is out was not "oh goody, we get to see more Pitoitua and Ellis". I don't have anything against them, but if they were as strong as DeVito against the run then they would be in the side already. This only weakens and disrupts the side at a time when we need it to be as strong and settled as possible.

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Don't the Redskins have a pretty decent offensive line?

4. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I think they're pretty banged up right now, they have quite a few linemen out injured. Their rushing game is pretty poor as well so from that perspective this is probably one of the best games to miss if he has to miss any, but I'm still concerned about the unsettling effect on the defence.

5. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I like Devito but I don't think he is as good against the run as people think. He does a lot of arm tackles that most HBs just plow through.

6. BookEndTackles 72&79

I like Devito but he offers nothing in terms of rushing the passer. If Ellis is active in his place maybe he can bring a bit of a different dynamic in getting some push up the middle which is sorely lacking. The next two QB's on the schedule are nothing to fear so maybe they can rattle these guys and create a couple of sorely needed turnovers in these two games.

7. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Will Ellis ever be active?

8. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Most underrated DT in the game

/bias

9. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

DeVito is a really good player. Very disruptive against the run.

10. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Lets hope he is. It would be nice to have him blowing up plays :deadskins:

11. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

The injury sucks but it shouldn't be a problem, he should be good in 2-3 weeks if the sprain isn't too severe. I'm definitely excited to see Ellis get some action, he wasn't bad the few games he played this season. Good thing the Skins don't have a running game. Lets's hope Devito is back for the Eagles game.

#11 JetsYankeesThrylos, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  12. FLorida-Jet

FLorida-Jet Banned

DeVito is a very good 3-4 efensive end, especially in regards to not only stuffing the run, but also setting the edge for our LB's to make plays. Hopefully we can not only rest DeVito during both the Redskins and Chiefs games, but also win these games to keep our postseason hopes alive. Hopefully he's able to return to form against the Eagles come week 15, because against a scrambling QB in either Vick or Young, and especially McCoy who's as talented as they come... We'll need a healthy and productive DeVito come week 15 against the Eagles.

13. FLorida-Jet

FLorida-Jet Banned

I feel the same way in regards to this situation. Obviously I'd enjoy a healthy DeVito, but I'm glad we've landed backups such as Ropati and Ellis who can step up when called upon. It's been a while since we've had this type of youth/depth on the defensive front, hopefully Ellis can develop and become our 3-4 NT of the future. With all that said, hopefully DeVito can get right heading into our Eagles matchup against Vick/Young and McCoy. DeVito does a strong job in regards to setting the edge.

14. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

They gave up 9 sacks to the Bills, so no. As JohnnyEnglish pointed out, they've suffered some injuries that really crippled their line.

15. FLorida-Jet

FLorida-Jet Banned

How long do you all expect DeVito to be out for? Hopefully he's back for the Eagles game.

16. RedskinsFan01

RedskinsFan01 New Member

They just rushed for over 100 on the Seahawks top 10 run defense last week.

Thats because Beck was a deer in headlights. Since that game the skins have only allowed 1-2 sacks a game.

17. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

That's good considering the Seahawks run defense allows over a hundred yards average per game. Your Redskins running game is ranked 31st.