Jets Playoff Chances

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Nov 23, 2011.

?

Do the Jets Make the Playoffs?

1. Yes

199 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. No

215 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

That would happen only in the Super Bowl.

The AFC is wide open, there is about 3 or 4 teams with some luck could make the Super Bowl. The Teams with the more experienced QBs, New England, Pit & Baltimore have the best shot.

I still think the Jets will not make the playoffs, winning 5 in a row is too tough to overcome. The Loses to Denver and Oaklnd killed our chances.

4/5 and 10 wins isn't going to do it.

2. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I know that it would only happen then, but my point of course is that this team simply isn't stacked to make it to and win the big dance. I still don't think we'll even sniff the playoffs, as this team has not played more than one complete game on all sides of the ball.

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

GB is on another level, but anything can happen in the playoffs, a few turnovers and GB goes down.

The Jets (Rex) overrated their talent level this year. Talking about going to the Superbowl is bullshit, you play the game on the field.

The Jets need to get stronger on the Right side of the O-Line, Bart Scott should be gone, Safety position needs upgraded probably thru F.A. and most important, Sanchez has to take better care of the Ball or the Jets will never be a frontrunner for the Superbowl.

4. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I don't think we make it because of the tie-breakers. We will end up right there for a spot but because of stupid losses to Denver and Oakland we will be on the outside looking in.

5. lamont_jordan_rules

... going 4-1 will be tough to make it ... i believe we need cincy to falter ... certainly can happen ... don't want to rely on it though ...

l_j_r

6. itwasluck

itwasluck New Member

I just can't see it happening. The talent just isn't there. And even if we do sneak into the playoffs we are part of the second tier type teams that could sneak in like the Bengals, Broncos (sigh), Oakland, Bills (same level) as opposed to teams with shots at reaching the Superbowl such as the Patriots, Steelers, and Ravens. We just dont have the talent. When the Ravens lose games, we say they just didn't show up to play their best, and the Ravens have shown flashes of greatness, such as when they stomped the Steelers. The Jets lose because we dont have the talent on defense anymore, we dont have the offensive line for a wear-you-down pounding run game, and our quarterback has been inconsistent to put it nicely. We certainly do the best with what we have but we just dont have the talent. Its not as if the Jets make the playoffs we are a dangerous team, its not like the Packers last year where everyone knew they could do some damage from the wildcard spot.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I didn't answer the poll because I like to emphasize in my own head, in the way I experience being a fan, that it is a game to game season.

But if you held a gun to my head and forced me to bet on the question, I would have to say the odds are against the Jets going to the playoffs. It's not just the way they might play here on out. If Cincy beats Pitt this weekend, the long odds right now become even longer.

But up until now, we can say if the season ended now the Jets do not deserve to go to the playoffs. Why they are any more likely to play much better than they have is not evident to me, and I say that not in spite of the Buffalo win but as much because of it.

So, is it impossible to play better here on out? Certainly not. And I sure hope they will.

But will they? unlikely.

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yeah, exactly. Oakland looks to be the division winner right now. I saw Palmer a bit on Sunday and he is getting into a comfort zone. They're fired up. I'm less sure about Denver, but they have been winning. Getting by BOTH those teams AND Cincy and Pitt is just a very hard thing to imagine, even with 4 wins in the next five. And to win out might not even do it, with the odds of that being?

9. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Can some of you guys finally stop fellating the Begals now? All this talk about them winning 10 or 11 games is ridiculous. 35-7 ... and they still have to play the Ravens and Texans. They're lucky not to be on a 4 game losing streak. I've been saying for weeks that they're not a playoff team. Maybe they win 9 games, but I'm not even convinced they'll do that. The Raiders and Broncos won't win 10 games either.

if we take care of business and win 10 games, the only team we need to worry about is the Titans. That's where our attention needs to be. If we somehow manage to win 11 we'll be standing alone, but I think we'll probably lose one along the way.

#89 truthbtold, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  10. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Just mu opinion,but if something doesn't change with the Jets,the Dolphins beat us

11. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I think we'll win enough games but miss the playoffs because of a tiebreaker.

12. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

We need Oakland to lose out, hopefully they lose next week at green bay. If we take care of business we may be the 6th seed at the end of the day next week.

13. Ohio Jet

Ohio Jet New Member

Problem with this is the Bengals play the Ravens week 17 after the Ravens playoff picture may be wrapped up. We need the Bengals to lose to Houston this week. If they don't, they should get by Arizona and ST Louis. In that case, let's hope the Ravens have Home Field advantage on the line for the Bengals game otherwise the Bengals may well beat the Ravens in a game the Ravens rest their starters.

14. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

No, we just need them to lose a game. Everybody is worrying for nothing. Do you really think that more than two (maybe three if both Pitt and Balt do it, but one has to win the division) of the following are going to win 11+ games to end the season?

Jets
    Broncos
    Raiders
    Titans
    Bengals
    Steelers
    Ravens

If the Jets get to 11-5, they will be in, simple as that.

This is very true. But I just think that the Bengals will lose one more this year. Dalton and Green simply are not good enough to win 11 games as rookies.

#94 nyjetsrule, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  15. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

How will the Ravens have nothing to play for? Even if they drop one before then, they have the tiebreaker on Pittsburgh and the division title will still be in play. If Pitt drops one then Baltimore are playing to stay ahead of NE who are not losing again in the regular season. No way BAL drops 2 before the last weekend.

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Here is my view at the most realistic scenario. The NYJ still in a way control their own faith.
    Oakland will loose to GB. Cincinnati will loose at least one to if not two (Houston and or Baltimore, remember the Ravens will play hard for overall field advantage) Denver will loose at least one to the Pats. Titans will loose at least one if not two ( saints and or Texans)
    The real question then remains with the Jets. Can they go on the road and beat the Eagles and then come home to beat the Giants. To me the Giants will be tougher than nails. If we go to Miami undefeated we will destroy the Dolphins.
    Jets, it's time to strap it on and play hurt and with determination. Injuries will dictate how hard we want it and how well will the young guys step up and play

17. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

Playoffs started 2 weeks ago against Buffalo.

Jets cannot afford even one loss in the next month.

first two in the bag. 4 to go.

KC has given up the ghost, as has philly

Giants will be done by week 16.

seaon will come down to beating the fish in the Miami for the 6 seed and a visit to Texas.

The Jets have risen to the occasion every time.

Remember 2 years ago when our own coach had us dead in the water and the jets won out to make playoffs.

There is no reason on this planet that the jets can do it again.

Lam

18. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Looking at the schedules none of the 7-5 teams win out.
    Bengals - Houston, Rams, Arizona, Ravens
    Titans - Saints, Colts, Jags, Houston
    Oakland - Green Bay, Detroit (with Suh), KC, San Diego
    Denver - Chicago, NE, Buffalo, KC

4 games to go and things won't be decided until week 17. If the Jets take care of business next week they very well could be all alone at 8-5.

19. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Giants play Dallas on Sunday for first place in the East and they finish against Dallas. Not to mention all the playoff teams in the NFC are 7-5.

Giants are in an identical spot to the jets except they have more control of their own destiny.

20. Ohio Jet

Ohio Jet New Member

Bottom Line right now:

1. Denver and Oakland- One wins the Division and no way both end up 10-6. They won't come into play unless we are trying to find ways to get in at 9-7.
    2. We lose Tie breakers with Tennessee. They should lose to NO this week which puts us ahead of them if we win out. If we don't win out, we're most likely left to hope for a week 17 loss to Houston.
    3. Bengals win the tie breaker with us at 11-5. We win the tie breaker at 10-6. Bengals loss to Houston or Baltimore and we are ahead of them with a 3-1 finish.
    4. We are in at 11-5 as long as Tennessee and Cincinnati lose one game each which is probable. At 10-6, we need two Tennessee losses which is 50-50 and one Bengal loss. At 9-7, We need TN to go 1-3, Cincinnati to go 2-2 and either Denver or Oakland to go 1-3.