Sanchez interception today...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjay14, Nov 27, 2011.

1. The Mak

The Mak New Member

There was no checkdown.

Let me repeat. THERE WAS NO CHECKDOWN!

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Dude, I'm not being an asshole.

WATCH THE PLAY.

ONE TARGET. period.

You dont know what you're talking about.

3. The Mak

The Mak New Member

I don't like Sanchez! He don't have scramble speed like The Flash too much!

4. Hobbes3259

[​IMG]

Where's the checkdown..?

5. The_W

The_W Banned

Every decision would've been a poor decision. It was a clean pocket, but Hunter wasn't gonna be able to sustain his block much longer as is evident in the pic. Like I already said, there is no guarantee Sanchez would've ever gotten out of the endzone, definately never getting back to the loss.
    And I sound like a broken record already, but I'll say it again, the playcall forced Mark and the offnese into a no-win situation. That is not what an OC is supposed to do. And that is the actual premise of this thread, talk about the INT and speculate whose fault it is (actually there is little to speculate here, as it it 99% evident that the OC is mosly responsible for the shitstorm which happened).

Are you sure?

As I see it, the Bills stack nine guys into the box, while having a single high safety and are playing man all the way. Florence reads run, because he knows he's got safety help over the top. As soon as he sees the fake he takes on Holmes, and he and the safety play over-under on Holmes.

On Greene's route, it seems that Greene is assigned to a delayed route, because after he fakes the handoff, he seeks out a possible blitzer (no. 50 Barnett) and blocks him. Barnett OTOH reads the run (and he seems to have the outside gap as his responsibility), after the fake seeks out his responsibility (Greene) and as Greene doesn't initially release on his route, Barnett will try to bring pressure. Greene thinks now that he'll have a clean release, but Barnett is not fooled and stays in Greene's hip pocket, meaning Greene was covered.

If the fake would've been to the upback it might've made Barnett hesitate a bit, but it's not given as the A gaps didn't seem to be Barnett's responsibility, so I'm not sure if Greene would've even then been open.
    But we'll never know.

What the fuck are you smoking?

Safe play? When has a safe play been a PA play from your own endzone? Or any other kinda pass play than a 3 step drop?
    And the Bills blitz heavy? They sent four guys. That doesn't even equate to a blitz as a four man rush is the standard.

The only idiot this team has is the guy dialing up these offensive plays. And by offensive, I mean their offensive for the personel in the offense and for the fans who have to watch them.

6. ANJI

ANJI New Member

The coaches were expecting a heavy blitz, you can't take the results of the play and say that is the reason for not running it. The coaches are expecting the Qb to be smart on the play too either way if they call a coverage play or not, you're going to say that is there fault too??? It might be, because even though this should be simple play, they shouldn't assume that this guy can run a play like that.

All he has to do is throw a ball that can't be caught at Green, be it high or low. That is what is expected of him as an NFL QB.

#106 ANJI, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  7. The Mak

The Mak New Member

Greene is BLOCKING and then after he finally gets out of the backfield he is COVERED.

SCHOTTY SUCKS ELEPHANT COCK.

8. ANJI

ANJI New Member

You see that number 23 guy???? Doesn't matter if he is open or not, that's the check down. That's the guy the Qb is suppose to go to when he notices there are 4 DB's down field.

Good Qb's make that throw all the time against plays too well covered............but, you know we don't have one of those.

9. ANJI

ANJI New Member

Schotty does suck.

This still a safe play in the NFL, you know accept for this team.

10. The Mak

The Mak New Member

Do you see the big dude with number 50 on his back clogging the passing lane between Sanchez and the checkdown who's not even looking back ?

11. Hobbes3259

If greene releases, the LB is running outside on the wheel, and he DB (who BTW picks off the pass) is forced OUTSIDE.

Yes. I'm Sure. The replay validates it.

12. The Mak

The Mak New Member

"Accept"? Really?

Take remedial English please.

13. Hobbes3259

Ummm... The BALL is already in the AIR. 2 seconds earlier the RB was engaged in a block.

14. Hobbes3259

EXCEPT.

Apparently English, is more foreign than Football analysis.

15. Odd Neck Stems

Exactly - if the "check down" is engaged in a block five yards behind the line of scrimmage for most of the play, it's not exactly a good call to throw the ball to him. There were zero productive options for the play.

16. The_W

The_W Banned

So your saying they're playing zone? And do you mean he releases straight after he takes the fake handoff, or that from the get go he goes on the route and there is a fake to the upback?

After looking at the replay, it can be seen that Mark's throw is really a bad and underthrown ball. If he would've lead the receiver and thrown it further Holmes would've been able to come up with it, despite being in the middle of 4 defenders.

17. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

not to mention, holmes not being allowed to make in play adjustments... something he complained about

18. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

ducasse looks like he had some seperation

19. Hobbes3259

We totally agree. And since this is non-political...

We're right :beer:

20. Hobbes3259

Ummm..ducasse...Not eligible.

(I know you are joking...)