Sanchez interception today...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjay14, Nov 27, 2011.

1. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Bad pass. Should not have thrown the ball, should have scrambled to his left out of the pocket and either run for a few yds behind Vlad & Mulligan or thrown it away. Dumb call? probably but it was also a dumb decision to throw the ball to a DB.

2. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

If he scrambles left, the gets sacked. I think that is Brick that is pushing his guy outside. The best he could have done was dump it over the head of Greene.

3. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Exactly. Everyone at the stadium was screaming at Sanchez and yelling how much hey sucks. I was looking around like you guys are all idiots.

Schotty put Sanchez in a terrible lose lose situation.

4. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Pretty sure 4 of Sanchez's fumbles were because he was being crushed because his o-line gave him no time.

5. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Here is an idiotic poster at his best. What would you have liked Sanchez to do?

Greene was injured before the game with broken ribs and said that if this game wasn't so important he wouldn't have even played.

Somone already said this but the Greene wasn't open.

And no matter what the result of the play was, this play was horrible designed. You can't make the only other read on a passing play a rb wheel route on a play action. There is a large chance that the rb never even makes it to his destination because he gets knocked out at the LOS, let alone the fact that the route takes forever to set up. It was a bad play call and design which put Sanchez in a terrible area to suceed.

If this was indeed Sanchez's fault how would Tom Brady turn this play into success?

So he is supposed to take a sack?

Aka intentional grounding/a Safety

Another idiotic poster on this board

Go back to the knicks forum.

This post and your 4 others are forcing me to agree with your intricate and sensible opinion

So I see you play Madden alot?

Mark shouldn't have passed the ball he should have scrambled around in the back of the endzone and let Mulligan and Vlad block for him?

ARE YOU FUCKING HIGH!!!

#45 inSANITy, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Not even close. The play design was horrible, especially there.

They were in Jumbo with Mulligan and Ducasse outside Brick on the Left.

They fake the Hand off to Greene, instead of releasing him 1 on 1, and faking to Connor.

Greene was Attempting TO get out on a wheel route but was held up at the line.

The Guy standing around was Mulligan, not Keller.

And Greene does not get off the line until Sanchez is already throwing. If he's not throwing the ball at that point, he's likely giving up 2 points.

He had the throw in between the over/under coverage, and fails to see the DB coming from his right side.

7. Hobbes3259

Yes. An Noam's analysis of the play is accurate only in the fact that it was a Pass Play that resulted in an INT.

See above.

8. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

You are correct sir. Play call wasn't the problem.

9. Hobbes3259

Except the play design doesn't call for him to wait....It looks as if it was expected that Greene would NOT be an option. The Fake handoff to the RB, pulls him and a defender INSIDE on the ball.

Had Greene split out, and the fake gone to the FB, Greene would have been open BRIEFLY, between the LB, and the DB that undercut the route.

The Fake handoff to Greene drew the LB down on Greene, and Sanchez.

Had Greene released instead of taking the Fake the LB would have been forced to decide between going for 2 or defending the pass.

And the DB would not have been able to go to the middle, bc Greene (if he makes the catch, would have had 90 yeards of open sideline.

10. Hobbes3259

Yes it was. His analysis is off on almost every point he's trying to make.

11. Hobbes3259

2 things, One Brick is already being pushed back into his face, so going left is not an option.

the other point is, he HAS to get rid of the ball, Grounding, or Holding at that point results in 2 points.

12. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Thought he had Plax on the left sideline one-on-one. Should have thrown it up and let Plax make a play on the ball. Of course, I could be mixing up my plays.

13. Hobbes3259

Holmes was the only WR on the play.

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

wow, that's pretty F-in bad.......

15. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

This is a good point. When you look at how well the Broncos have managed Tebow, it shows how a coach can play to a QB's strengths and let defense and a run game win games.

They're going to fucking give Sanchez a complex. He's thrown bad ints in his own territory for the past two weeks. They trot him out there with max protect, but the only guys running routes are Greene and Holmes?

I love Greene, but he would have trouble catching herpes in a whorehouse. If you're sending only 2 out on a pattern, Green shouldn't be one of them. Was it some kind of botched screen?

Understanding that pass catching isn't Greene's greatest skill, Sanchez's past two weeks of ints backed up near his own goalline, and the fact that the game is close..why even call that?

Of course some of it is on Mark, but at some point they have to manage him correctly.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

His only throw away was directly to his right up and over Greene's head with a defensive end there already to potentially tip the ball and a safety up top of Greene.

That play was most likely going to result in a safety or a pick. There just wasn't much else there. Sanchez could not pull the ball down and run it with any kind of guarantee of getting out of the endzone.

This is a textbook example of the design being so flawed that it was going to make anything that Sanchez did look bad. We have a half dozen of those plays every game at this point.

17. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

I know this is overly extreme but if Westoff was in Tanny's position I think he would have fired him on the spot.

I just don't understand why you would call that play when you have a young qb who has been struggling as of late and has low confidence. Why would you ever call up that play especially in your own endzone.

My best guess is that schotty thought the Bills would all out blitz which would give Sanchez the time (with Max Protect) to throw the ball to one on one coverage to Holmes. But even in that scenario you are just rolling the dice.

18. The_W

The_W Banned

I'm quoting this picture also so everybody, especially the ones saying there is nothing wrong with the playcall, can see.

There are 10, yes I mean 10, green shirts, yes the green shirts are Jets players, on this picture. There can be a maximum of eleven players on the field for each team. So that means only one player, Holmes, is deep. The rest of them are within 5 yards of the LOS.

I'm asking now everyone who is saying this is a good call, what should be done here to make anything good out of this play?

Sanchez can't scramble to his left nor to his right as there are defenders so close. Hunter is about to lose his block in the picture already and if Mark would go to his left Ferguson would have to hold to keep his rusher from making the play. Everybody who doesn't know, offensive holding in your own endzone results in a safety.
    Greene is covered totally and his route takes very long to be set up. There is no time to wait on it as Hunter's man would blow up on Sanchez.
    Holmes is the primary target on this play, but as Buffalo doesn't bite on the fake he is left all alone in the defensive backfield with four defenders around him.

This play was dead before it even got started. If you don't agree then please elaborate.

19. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Eat the ball? at the end of his drop he was a few yards in his own endzone. if the second option on a play is "have the QB frantically race and dive from his own endzone to the one yardline" then that is a horribly designed play called at a horrible time.

sure, your on your own 20, its not there, take a sack or a sort loss. but in your own endzone, different story. again the sanchez pick was a terrible throw/decision. But, my point in the original post was, what exactly was his other good, safe, option?

maybe some are ok with your qb scrambling 2 or 3 yards and diving to the 1 yardline. im not comfortable with that, in a close game, standing in my own endzone, with a qb who has been prone to fumble this year

20. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

exactly, not to mention it was very late and delayed release after making a block on the play. he wasnt involved in his route until after the ball is thrown and make had to make a decision