2011 Week 11 Other Games Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I Must Respond to the Pates Fans

Dearest Pates Fans,

I did not watch the game. That information was posted.

I learned about the score being run up from a couple people in this thread.

As Mike Ditka would say, "STOP IT!"

Again, I did not watch the game and was strictly going off the comments of two posters. One guy claimed the Pates were throwing the ball while up 24 in the last two minutes of the game. Here on planet earth that constitutes an attempt to run up the score. Scoring on 4th and goal would also constitute running up the score.

Now, whether running up the score is right or wrong is a different story.

STOP IT!

When up by three or more scores and you have the ball with 1:20 left? You run the ball or kneel on. That's it.

STOP IT!

Who are you kidding with that? With the score 27-3 with a minute left do you think either team is playing with much intensity? Other than Vereen getting some stats there is nothing to be gained at that point in the game.

STOP IT!

Yes, the Chiefs suck. At some point they should have played better defense. But, Hoyer should have kneeled down on 4th down. Hoyer was in the game at that point, right? Right? I mean, shit, he must have been. It was valuable
    game experience.

Yeah, well, like, that's just your opinion, man.

This is not Pates hate from me. I've been very consistent with this topic through the years. I never shed tears for the losing team in these instances. They are professionals. They are allowed to stop the other team from scoring. However, the team up by a wide margin very late in the game should stop itself from scoring.

2. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Cakes, I knew by reading your posts that you hadn't seen the game. I was just putting out some of the facts, and why some on here would have a problem with it.

3. felker

felker Active Member

In this case the Chefs were calling time outs between plays during this drive. Clearly they had not capitulated. If they had not called these timeouts the clock might have lapsed before the Pats final score.

Then there is the thing that people seem to forget - playoff eligibility and seeding is determined through a tiebreaker system that includes point differentials as one of the tie breakers. Who knows, #1 seed between NE and the Ravens could come down to that.

4. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

They did. You didn't watch the game, stop talking.