2011 Week 11 Other Games Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Nov 20, 2011.

1. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Things like that shove happen in almost every single game. Mankins does get in a lot of scrums though, its pretty annoying as a Pats fan. Too many penalties from him.

2. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

What BS. Throwing up 27-3 with 1:20 left. Why don't the announcers talk about how running up the score when you can take a knee and go home is classless?

What is this "that is the way the Pats play" crap? It is just wrong and I can't believe nobody sees it. Whatever the Pats do, it is great. When you can take a knee and go home and you throw and keep trying to score, it is just wrong. When is a team going to take this out on one of the Pats and put one of them down for this running up the score BS.

Ryan takes endless crap for what he says, but the Jets don't pull this BS. The Pats should be called out for their ACTIONS, which are just complete classless BS.

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

He is one of the dirtiest players in the league. I've seen him chop players from behind after the play is well beyond the LOS. I've seen him pile on late. He deserves to have his knees taken out permanantly

4. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

4th and goal with a minute left? Pats go for it and score. Yay! I hope Haley punches Beli in the fucking mouth.

5. strngplyr

It isn't the Patriots job to stop scoring on offense. Running up the score is a dumb argument.

6. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I'll take your word as an expert on dumb arguments.

7. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Shaun Ellis alive?

8. strngplyr

He's been warming the Bench for Anderson after he and Carter ran a train on Sanchez. After Anderson and Carter showed up big again tonight, Ellis will probably be a rotation guy from here out.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I did not see this stuff, but if the Patriots scored when up 24 in the closing minute, then that is really ridiculous. This is the NFL, not rinky-dink college football where teams run up the score to impress the BCS computers. That is classless if the Pates scored in the waning moments of a blowout. Karma will get 'em just like it always has since 2005. Remember, the Pates rarely were ever in position to run up the score in 2001, 2003 and 2004 because many of their wins were in tight battles.

10. strngplyr

Afraid that a bunch of professional athletes making millions a year might get a hurt ego because the evil coach of the New England Patriots went for it on 4th down while winning?

Please. There is no such thing as running up the score, there are just bad defenses facing good offenses. You don't play down to the level of your competition. It was also mostly backups, Tom Brady handing off to rookie Vereen, with rookies at LT and RT, Taylor Price in at WR.

Chiefs fault for not stopping the 5th string RB, thats not on the Pats.

11. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

This was brought up on another thread and also In years past. What do you suggest they do? Kick a gimme field goal thus running up the score?

12. Odd Neck Stems

If the game is decided, why would you risk an injury on either side? I don't care about the egos of these players, but freak injuries can happen on any play, why risk it if there is no point?

13. strngplyr

Playing in an actual game is better experience than practice in a controlled environment.

14. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Really? While we're at it, let's cancel the preseason.

Vereen got valuable real game experience that could end up helping the Patriots in the playoffs.

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I like Vereen alot coming out of Cal, good to see he got a chance to play, too bad I had long turned off the game by then.

16. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

say what you want but they ran it on 4th with what 5? 6? 7 yards to go? Had they wanted to run up the score they would have just kicked it. If the chiefs couldn't stop that then its not the pats problem.
    Bottom line is the chiefs are horrible.

17. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

They couldn't run out the clock so I have no problem with going for it. I have no problem with the throw on 3rd with almost 2 minutes left. And certainly not with a run on 4th and goal from the 6. Why kick it?, kneeling it to turn over on downs is way more insulting, they gave it to their 5th string RB and gave the chiefs a chance to make a play.

18. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

On the final drive of the game, Haley chose to use use his three timeouts. Obviously he was still playing the game, so why would the Pats stop.

In fact, if he had not called the timeouts, the clock would have just run out on the game.

The chiefs had no problem with it, and they were all talking and shaking hands after the game. The people who have a problem with it are the ones who want to find another reason to hate the Pats, which is fine.

19. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Never seen him chop a player late. You just wish he was on your team.

Thats why he is never on the dirtiest player lists and his peers vote him the best guard in the league?

I could say shit about Mangold too. In fact they both play mean and nasty, which is what helps to make them great.

20. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Mankins has got a major mean streak and plays with a level of nastiness that makes him one of the best guards in the game. If he was a Jet they'd build a shrine for him right next to Mangold's.