I just wanna gauge where everyone stands regarding Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DanR, Nov 19, 2011.

?

1. I'm still a shareholder

70.5%
  2. I sold all my stock the night the Jets got Tebowed

15.2%
  3. I sold all my stock before the Broncos game

14.3%
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You can't read what's happening in that backfield this season.

Sanchez takes a look at the defensive formation and what he's likely thinking is:

1. Who is over Hunter? Ok, that's the guy I have to watch out for.

2. Oh, there's somebody lined up outside that guy and coming too? Well then I have about 1.2 seconds before I'm going to be flat on my back.

3. Ok, Keller is staying in on this one, he'll get the guy outside Hunter.

4. Shit! Who am I going to throw too? Santonio is running a curl and Kerley is on the same side and timing running an out and they're either going to run into each other or there'll be 2 CB's and the strong safety all within 5 yards of the ball. Plax is like a three-toed sloth out there and no way he's getting more than 3 steps off of the line of scrimmage in the 1.2 seconds...

5. Oh crap! Now they've got a CB blitzing on the left and I just heard D'Brick fart as he tried to look outside at him and then realized that Slauson is toast if he's left one-on-one with an end.

6. Kill, kill, kill...

2. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

That was an awful play and he takes as much blame for that loss as anyone, but the only way we could end up losing? Did the defense not give up a 95 yard drive to Tim Tebow when we had them pinned on their own 5 with a 3 point lead?

3. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

even when we had a good o line itd be obvious the other team was blitzing yet we would still run it up the middle and run into the 5-6 guys coming

a good qb changes the play

the bad o line doesnt help but he needs to read defenses better

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think that's on the coaching though. Check-off plays are predetermined. If you see this - do that, if you see that - do this, etc.

The check-off option is probably mentioned in the huddle so the Jets don't have 2 WR's going "what?" when Sanchez kills the play at the line.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Great insight. That 95 yard drive by a glorified H-back that took 4 minutes off the clock meant nothing to the loss.

Give me a fucking break

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

An elite QB changes the play who has been in the league for 5+ years.

You expected a 2nd year raw QB to have that ability? I sure as fuck didn't.

7. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I don't think you can say our QB and RT suck equally. Sanchez is now below average this year, but Hunter is horrendous.

8. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

I think it's obvious that the Jets should have kept Kellen Clemens and Brad Smith, and given Sanchez time to develop under them.

Imagine how insane a teams defense would be if they saw Smith under center and Clemens lined up as a WR. Smith would take the snap, shovel it off to Shonn Greene, who stops, pump fakes to Keller, looks off Clemens, and finds Brad Smith wide open for a 40+ yard TD. It's right there for you.

9. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

10. Ohio Jet

Ohio Jet New Member

I frustrated as h#ll and very concerned about his lack of field vision, lack of accuracy and the fact that the game has not slowed down for him. That said, he is our QB at least through the next two seasons past this one and he has shown the ability to play well enough to win playoff games. He also shows toughness in his ability to take a beating and fight for first down yards. I can complain but I can't bring myself to give up on him. I prefer to believe that he is still a very young and inexperienced QB especially based on his lack of college playing time. I choose to blame Schotty. It has more potential upside right or wrong.

11. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Just wanted to point out that Tyler Palko last night was 25of 38 for 236 yards passing last night. And he is TERRIBLE. My point is that when you are dinking and dunking you can pad your stats to look respectable.

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The record is a team record.

Rivers sat on the bench, but we always hear from Sanchez defenders how he didn't play much in college, by way of a defense. And the D on his team was not good, yet they still won games. To equate Rivers and Sanchez is just plain dumb. Rivers is far better, and was from the get go.

13. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

I'm not ready to sell on Sanchez yet. I think at least a few of the problems are correctable with proper coaching. Frankly the whole offense is stinking it up right now, and Sanchez is a part of that, but certainly not the sole cause.

Maybe he'll never develop the way we want him to, but if reading defenses and calling plays at the line are his weakness, take that out of his hands. As much as I hate watching offenses where the entire team looks over to the sideline to get the audible, it might benefit this team.