Thank you Mark Sanchez!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Sanchez isn't good enough to win a Super Bowl at this point. He could still improve. He has shown flashes, but he is wildly inconsistent even within games. The larger problem for this team is that we have holes at many key positions. We need to get players at safety,running back, outside linebacker, tight end and right tackle.

2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

What "good" defenses has golden boy Marky beat in the playoffs?

3. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

You can not even compare Mark and Chad, Mark has had nothing but stars around him on offense and defense while Chad had nothing but shit for the most part.

It gets old listening to people compare Mark to these other Qb's and the bottom line is Mark has had nothing but ballers around him, granted Shitty sucks plan and simple. Does this hinder Mark or does Mark just not have the skill set to be a top line Qb in the NFL. Thats the bigger question....

4. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Chad also took a shitty Dolphins offense to the play off's.

5. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Those legendary "ballers" Chansi Stuckey, Matthew Mulligan, Jeremy Kerley, Plaxico Burress straight out of prison, a 45 year old Derrick Mason, Braylon Edwards who was known to drop as many as he caught before he got here, Dustin Keller who has never played well for more than three games in a row in his life and not to forget the legendary Ben Hartsock, Shonn Greene, Tony Richardson and John Conner.

Clearly Hall of Famers one and all.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Lets not forget that Chad had the Immortal Paul Fckn Hackett as his OC too.

7. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

Playing the NFC and AFC west. Chad was a good enough player to get a team to beat cupcakes. Ironically though, the Dolphins had the same offensive coordinator for Henne, and the offense all of the sudden began to suck, so its the same question as with us. Is the offense bad just because of the OC, or does the QB also play a part in it? Becuase the Dolphin offense was fine under Pennington, but as soon as Henne took over it stunk. Same OC different QB, different results. The QB was the problem in this case. And now, with more talent than Favre or Pennington ever had, our offense is worse than I can ever remember a Jets offense being, and Sanchez has to share a portion of the blame here, do you all honestly think that if we still had Pennington here that our offense would still be as bad as it is? I certainly don't think so.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

as much as everyone hates schotty there is nowhere near the hatred that there was for hackett. he was 100 times worse than schotty. and i think schotty sucks too.

chad pennington also had sperm edwards to contend with. as i watch santana moss on the sideline and richie anderson as the 3rd receiver in the slot.

9. 624

624 Banned

The Bengals had the 4th overall defense in 2009, while the Chargers had the 11th scoring defense.

Last year Sanchez almost came back in the 2nd half against the #1 ppg defense.

10. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Who cares if Braylon dropped passes before he got to the Jets, for the most part he was a very reliable set of hands for Sanchez. Also, It's incredibly disingenuous to post a list of the weapons that Sanchez has had over the past 3 years and leave off Cotchery and Holmes.

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

he did seem to be developing some chemistry with sanchez

he has been poor for the niners since he got there (missed an easy td catch yesterday) so i would be surprised if they would do too much to keep him

12. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

What matters is this season. And this season Sanchez has weapons. He's just not that good. Its all it comes down to. He cannot read a defense. He's a 1 read QB. Period. He does not go through progressions. He comes out of the huddle knowing who he's going to lock onto and throw to. And he NEVER moves in the pocket. No sliding, no evading. He just stands there and llets the pocket crumble. Hence his 25 sacks which is more than probably his past seasons combined.

Instead of Chad P you guys should be comparing Sanchez to Tavaris Jackson. They are VERY similar players (except Tavaris has a stronger arm).

13. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Last time I checked Holmes, Plax, Edwards, and Keller are better than anything Noddle Arm had around him......

If Edwards is such garbage why does everyone cry about him leaving then?