I just wanna gauge where everyone stands regarding Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DanR, Nov 19, 2011.

?

1. I'm still a shareholder

70.5%
  2. I sold all my stock the night the Jets got Tebowed

15.2%
  3. I sold all my stock before the Broncos game

14.3%
  1. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

still a shareholder. I think this year, as a team we have taken a step back. The o-line has looked terrible, the run game hasnt been as effective because of it and the receivers are not as good. I would like to see how Sanchez does with a new offensive scheme and new OC. If nothing changes then the organization needs to look in another direction.

2. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

I give him a year under a new OC before I sell.

3. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

My thoughts exactly. If he can't do it in a new system that is hopefully catered to this strengths, then get rid of him.

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

but next year people will say he needs more than 1 year with the new oc. its can quickly turn into a never ending line of excuses and next years.

5. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

So what? We're the only ones making excuses and don't have any real bearing on the outcome of things.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

well yeah. i have no opinion either way. i was a sanchez hater, now i dont know if he can do it or not. he isnt going anywhere so time will tell. i dont see any reason to argue about it.

i was just saying that there will always be a reason to give him another year. we see it all the time. at what point do you stop? and you know there are those who will always want to go another year. shit remember when chad was here, there were people who were pissed the jets didnt give him another chance.

7. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

yes ... but don't forget the INT that Lee returned to the 1 yard line in the Cowboy game. just as good as a Pick 6.

but with that said ... losing Braylon and Cotchery definitely set him back this season.

#27 truthbtold, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  8. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

take a look at that play. sanchez is either lucky or good for not throwing it to mcknight there because if he does its a touchdown for the other guys. this play right here, we see it just about every game. the design of the play is such that if the safety plays close to the line and sits on the play he is either going to bat it down if he cant get positioning, tackle the guy right away, or intercept it. its plays lilke this that make me think schotty is actively thinking of ways to sabotage the offense

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Thanks to a link Theo sent me, Sanchez pick-6s are as follows:
    2 in 2009
    1 in 2010
    3 in 2011 (so far)

6 total in 41 career starts

This is the only year where he's ranked near the top for that. It's no surprise considering they got rid of 3 of his WRs and let the OL go to shit. Despite this, he still improved in every other general passing stat. You know, the meaningful ones.

Just to show what a meaningless stat this is, the Oakland Raiders did not have an interception returned for a touchdown against them from 2006 to 2010. Their active QBs during this span? Andrew Walter, Aaron Brooks, Marques Tuiasosopo, JaMarcus Russell, Daunte Culpepper, Josh McCown, Bruce Gradkowski, Charlie Frye, Kyle Boller and Jason Campbell. Record during this span: 24-56.

So what can we conclude from all this? Only something that we already knew: releasesanchez is a fuckstain that brings nothing to the conversation.

#29 BadgerOnLSD, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  10. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

i like him alot but id like to see him in a better offense

11. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

That's because Al Davis drafted players who are fast enough to stop Int returns!
    Fire Tanny!

12. Ender

Ender Banned

Play to his strengths? Can you play to the strengths of interceptions? Seriously.. what one thing does he do better than any good starting quarterback?

"Couldn't stop a nose bleed..." or......

Your defense couldn't stop Tim Tebow on a 3rd down play when EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE WORLD NEW WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN. Well... except you guys I guess. I mean its not like he had already run 80 yards on you that drive or anything. I can see how the D got confused.

Lastly, is it embarrassing to be apart of an organization that talks so much but produces so little? Have fun watching the pats in the playoffs :)

13. Cynic

Cynic New Member

Where is the sold his stock on draft day option? or I guess that would mean never buying any.

14. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

That option would probably be called "I don't like USC QBs just because."

15. Cynic

Cynic New Member

Matt Barkley is better then Sanchez.

But I was actually warming up to him before the past two games. Truth is I would like to see him 1 year with a new offensive coordinator.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That play only works when Sanchez stares down the receiver.

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I can definitely agree with that conclusion.

Beyond that to completely write off Sanchez I would like to see what he can do in a modern offensive system designed by a decent offensive coach. This Rex/Schotty offensive system sucks balls.

18. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Man I go back and forth on this. On one hand he seems to have 1glaring,crucial error every game. On the other, he's made some great late game plays...

He has had absolutely no time this year. The o line just may her him killed, or kill his confidence for the rest of his career.

At this point I think I'm holding the stock.

19. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I didn't vote cause there's no option for where I am, I haven't sold my stock, but I've gone from holding Stock and not thinking about it to holding stock and looking to sell if there are legitimate options.

I expect Sanchez to be here next year regardless, unless a miracle happens and a Stud QB falls into our laps this off season...doubtful. And I'm not saying Sanchez is the whole problem, he isn't. But even when things are going well Mark is inaccurate, slow to make reads, locks onto receivers, and even when he has time to throw makes VERY bad decisions. I know he's young at the age of 24, but this is the NFL and the success this team has had hasn't been because of Sanchez, it's been the defense. One could argue with any league average QB the team would have been just as successful or more so if they control the bad decisions.

But I will say this, I sold my preferred stock on Sanchez being an elite or Franchise QB

20. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I don't understand the people who selected the second option. Sure the pick six was a terrible decision on Sanchez's part but we've seen that happen to all quarterbacks (good or bad). Part of the reason Sanchez might have forced that throw was that he was under duress all night long. You can't sugarcoat the fact that Sanchez's protection was godawful that night and the playcalling wasn't much better. The biggest problem I have with Sanchez is that I think his awareness is pure shit. At this point, it shouldn't be surprising when Sanchez progresses through his reads and he certainly shouldn't decide where he's going with the ball before the snap. That's inexcusable and if he doesn't stop doing that, then I'll sell my "stock".