I just wanna gauge where everyone stands regarding Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DanR, Nov 19, 2011.

?

1. I'm still a shareholder

70.5%
  2. I sold all my stock the night the Jets got Tebowed

15.2%
  3. I sold all my stock before the Broncos game

14.3%
  1. DanR

DanR Active Member

where do you stand?

2. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

What a cute little poll!

3. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Still a shareholder. Numbers are up across the board compared to previous years, so he is progressing, despite an inferior run game, receiving corps, and offensive line than the past 2 years. Is he at the point where I want him/think he can be? No, not at all.

Still 6 games left in the season, so I'll hold off till the end to make a better assessment.

I do, however, find myself defending him less and less after these past 2 games.

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

I will not defend him as much, but I'm not tossing in the towel just yet. Until we get a new OC, I wont fully give up on him...

There's no way the Jets organization gives up on him either so we just gotta hope for the best

5. releasesanchez

releasesanchez New Member

Yup #'s up from previous mediocre #'s and are deceptive. Also for sure is the leader in pick 6's in the league. If you think Mark Sanchez is playing well this season you are not a Jets fan. Maybe I critisize him way to much but no way in hell can you think Mark Sanchez is playing well this season no way in hell.

6. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

I know he's not gonna ever become a pro bowl quarterback.

I also know he would play a LOT better than he is now if he had a competent O-line

7. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Straw man. I never once said he was playing well this season. All I said was his numbers are up across the board despite inferior talent in all 3 areas, plus a lousy OC. I understand going from shit to bad isn't what Jet fans want to here, but the fact that the talent around him is diminished and we have one of the worst OC in the game can't be understated either. So with that, I can't throw in the towel on him yet.

I actually thought Sanchez was playing well this season BEFORE these past 2 games. Out of those 8 games, he put up average to above average numbers in every game save the debacle in Baltimore.

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

As much as I'd like to agree with you, I just don't see that happening. Every single game I have to hear people claiming he is better if he had....The problem is not necessarily all the Offensive Line.

1. He tends to stare down receivers more often than people think.
    2. He makes rookie mistakes when he's in his 3rd year already. He threw to Plax every single throwing play that one drive in the Denver game. Then he tries to throw it to him again, despite the coverage.
    3. He seems to be completely color blind, because he never manages to see the other color jersey's in his line of sight when he throws.
    4. He stays in the pocket to long, especially when he does so well when he's on the run.

The O-Line may be a problem, but right now, he has many other flaws that are killing this team.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

it's way too early to dump Sanchez....not until we can see what he's capable of under a new OC.

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

He gets one more year, not answering the poll as it is a bit vague. But if he does not have it next year, then goodbye to him.

11. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

You forgot the "I'm a miserable fuck and thought Sanchez sucked before he even took a snap" option.
    Are you ever going to back that up or are you going to keep spewing shit?

12. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

You do know Brett Favre, Dan Marino, and Joe Namath are the top 3 for most pick 6s ever right? People need to stop hanging their hat on this stat, it's nowhere near the best for gauging a QBs worth or ability.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets are 5-5. Of the 5 losses, how many can you completely blame Sanchez for? Not Oakland, not Baltimore, not New England, not New England, He gave the Broncos momentum and 7 points to tie the game at 10, but gave the defense a 3 point lead to hold in the final 6 minutes and they looked awful. There is a lot more wrong with the Jets than Sanchez. Still a shareholder.

14. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

He tied for the lead with stafford and rivers I think...

15. laxin

laxin Active Member

I think you just criticize him way too much. Thats the only logical answer from reading your post history.... See there's people like you who simply dont realize that he isnt Tom Brady or Peyton Manning and will never be, and also is 25 years old.

16. DanR

DanR Active Member

I can't blame Schotty for Sanchez lack of field vision/ not seeing open receivers. I cant blame Schotty that Sanchez is often inaccurate and over threw Keller making him step out of bounds in the endzone. I can't blame Schotty that Sanchez cant be the focal point in a win.

I feel bad for those of you who plan waiting till Year 7 to see what this guy is made of.

#16 DanR, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  17. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

pretty sure you can blame schotty for trying to maintain a victory

18. DanR

DanR Active Member

Yeah youre right.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

But you CAN blame Schotty for not playing to Sanchez's strengths and for calling the same predictable plays week in and week out.

How did Pennington, Favre, and Brees fare after they weren't under Schotty's watch?

EDIT: I'm not saying Sanchez isn't the problem....i'm saying we need to see him in a different offensive system before we can make that determination. Schotty has a history of limiting what QBs can do.

20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Not as confident as I had been in him, but we need to see him under an OC that will play to his strengths.