An observation from a neutral thats watched many jets games the past 4 years...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gammatec, Nov 18, 2011.

1. IATA

IATA Trolls

god damnit woman. great fucking job.

2. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

No, the Bills, 49ers, and Skins would of easily taken him.

He battled for the spot over Clemens, a QB who had known the system for years and although he sucked he should of had a better chance too start, but Mark beat him out in training camp. and An experienced QB?? I believe there weren't many at all after the draft besides I believe Vick, but he was a HUGE question mark and wouldn't of had expectations too immediately start.

No, Sanchez picked up an extremely complicated Offense in his rookie season. Schotty sucked but the kid knew the plays coming into the season and even though they were color coated it was only a measure taken for game time and too prevent rookie mix ups. Brian has too be let go but Sanchez is a lot smarter and intuitive then you give him credit for.

They eased him into the league. He got to two straight AFC championships and even outplayed our #1 and #3 defenses. He is more than capable of handling this team.

This team as a whole has taken a step back. We need too improve big time on both fronts next year to be back in the SB run.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

How much time does he need, though? It's year 3. He ain't playin good... I agree the OL has been a huge problem. The scheme too, nobody is stretching the field. That being said, Sanchez is making some dismal throws and displaying awful peripheral. I'm beginning to think he won't live up to the draft spot. Sue me.

I'd be interested to see what he can do with a different OC at the controls.

#23 Jake, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  4. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

For most third-year QBs, I would be more concerned with the type of performances Sanchez has given. However, since he's so young and didn't have much experience playing in college (what, 1 season as USC's starter?), combined with an OC who very possibly could be stunting his growth, I think he's going to be a "late bloomer" in the NFL.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

That's a valid point. I may re-evaluate my expectations with him. Seeing him regress from last season, which was a very good season by him, has been discouraging in light of the expectations around this team. The OL has for sure been a factor in his struggles.

Is it safe to say drafting a QB with 1 year college experience at #5 was a gigantic and ill-advised gamble that should not be done again? Regardless of how Sanchez turns out.

#25 Jake, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  6. since83

since83 Member

You are not the only one. teams don't respect him and his teammates don't respect him. he needs a running game, very good at play action. Fuck that. GET SOME BALLS!

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. OL is not quite as good - that's a given. Human garbage like Hunter shouldn't be starting. Moore has regressed a lot. Slauson is a glorified backup disguising as a starter. Piss-poor line play on the entire right side is truly terrifying.

2. That said, I cannot emphasize this enough. SCHOTTENHEIMER'S SCHEMES SUCK TO NO END. I've been saying this times and again. SHORT PASSING ATTACK AND GROUND AND POUND RUSHING ATTACK DO NOT WORK IN CONJUNCTION WITH EACH OTHER.

3. So what's the difference between this year's squad and last year's squad? This year's squad doesn't stretch the defense vertically like it could a year ago. That's the root of all evils. Since the offense cannot stretch the defense vertically, shorter routes and underneath zones are overflooded, and running game stalls. I seriously don't think Jets lack the downfield threat - I really have to wonder why Jets don't isolate Plaxico on either far right or left and hit him with deep post (he caught a few passes off this) or backside fade.

Another problem that springs up because defense can comfortably flood the shallow zone and sit on the routes is that Keller becomes invisible.

So this one goes to Tannenbaum and Schottenheimer.

4. Is this defense good enough to win Superbowl? Frankly speaking, it was never good to win SB, it is not good enough to win SB now and it won't be until Jets can get their hands on a legitimate pass rusher. In a passing league that is NFL today, if you cannot generate fierce pressure with 4 men rush, you are doomed to failure from the get-go. Giants generate ungodly amount of pressure from their 4 down linemen. In case of Green Bay, they have good enough 3 down linemen and Clay Matthews. Jets? their DL is back up quality at best (that is, DeVito and Pouha, to be specific) and Jets LBs lack speed in general. That Jets safeties are not competent enough doesn't help the cause either.

8. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

You are the most stubborn stupid fuckstain on these boards. You and the rest of the Sanchez haters. You might want to throw in a comma or something sometime.. Just sayin'

The Ravens game was a clear indication that our O line is one of the major problems. If you can't or didn't see it, then I can lend you my coke bottle glasses.

9. releasesanchez

releasesanchez New Member

No the Ravens is a example of how Sanchez is not a Nfl capable Qb, the oline had a bad game but even when he did have time to throw he looked shaky and overthrew or underthrew his receivers. The game would of been totally different if when he did have time to throw he didn't throw that retarded pick 6 when our defense just made a big fuckn play. Tell me any decent quarterbacks who throws more pick 6's then Sanchez at a crucial part of the game or any part of the game for that matter? Dude your being paid like a superstar and your playing scared, rattled and have no confidence. If you don't see anything wrong with that then eat Sanchez's shit. If your fine with Sanchez playing like Rex Grossman while being paid like Tom Brady eat Sanchez's shit. Whats your excuse for Sanchez not playing like a 18 million dollar quarterback the last 2 years when his offense line was one of the best in the league?

#29 releasesanchez, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Sanchez can be good if a game is planned around his strenghts. The only way thta can happen is if the running game is working. Then he can Play action etc. Right now,because of the oline,nobody is scared of our running game. So they are daring us to be a pass 1st team,which Sanchez is not geared for. Fix the Oline,get the run game going,we're fine with sanchez.

12. 624

624 Banned

He didn't have over 2.5 seconds for one pass that entire game.

Even Tom Brady starts misfiring when he's getting hit.

Hits don't only affect a quarterback on that particular throw, when they are repetitively being beaten all game it has a lasting effect....this isn't Madden.

and I lol'd at the "what's your excuse for Sanchez not playing like an 18 million dollar a year QB the last 2 years"

I will now await your banning for trolling, because it's obvious that's what you're here to do.

13. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

You put a crew in a boat with a giant hole in it and tell them to row it. The boat sinks. You cannot accurately determine the sailing acumen of the captain of the boat (Sanchez) and the crew (the O-line), because the boat was sinking before they even got on. You can draw observations about how these sailors act on a sinking boat, which bears absolutely no relation to how they would react if they were put in a seaworthy boat and told to sail.

Brian Shotteheimer is responsible for the sinking boat. It doesn't matter how you shuffle the crew. The Jets will never, ever be a complete football team with Shottenheimer.

14. releasesanchez

any freakin Nfl quarterback can play "average" with a good oline and a good running game, my point is the Jets wasted a 5th pick and 10% of our cap on this guy and hyped him up to be great he is nothing but "average" at best therefore a major disapointment if not a total bust. I want him released in the offseason and the cap space used on a SS and other needs. Fuckn someone like Matt Moore can do just as good of a job. Maybe we can get Jason Campbell or something.

15. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

This is the drew brees argument, but drew brees is one dude out of 50 other mediocre qbs who suddenly figured it out. Most don't get better, Sanchez has vision issues seeing the entire field properly, he consistently doesn't see open receivers.

Giving a QB 6 or 7 years to develop is absurd. If he doesn't have it now he's not going to have it -- that's my opinion. Is everything his fault right now? Absolutely NOT. He's a starter in the NFL but he's a bottom 3rd type of starter. And that's proven by the stats as well as my observations.

16. releasesanchez

Yeah and when Drew Brees speaks you know he has football iq Sanchez is a moron. But hey lets wait another 3 years till Revis holds out or leaves to the highest bidder till we figure out what we have in Sanchez.

#36 releasesanchez, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  17. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

The young core of the team is still there so I can still hope for things next season but, the draft should be able to help this team. If we can get some linebackers and a right tackle as well as a safety the team will be fine next season. Also, we need a new OC.

18. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Any chance you live in South Florida? I could really use your face to pound out some frustration.

19. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I don't necessarily disagree with your opinion; but I think Sanchez's situation (regarding his age/inexperience, especially dating back to college) isn't typical, and therefore, might need to be viewed a bit differently.

While I agree Sanchez has issues seeing the field, reading post-snap, and locking onto targets, I think this aspect of his game will naturally improve each year as the game continues to slow down for him and as he gains more knowledge and understanding of Defenses.

Yes, waiting 6-7 years for a QB to develop is absurd, but it's not like Sanchez hasn't been progressing. Although Rodgers' situation was completely different, he didn't reach elite status until last season, i.e. his 6th year. (By no means am I comparing Sanchez to Rodgers, nor do I believe Sanchez will ever reach Rodgers' level; I'm just using the time-frame of Rodgers' development as an example. Brees, as you stated, is another example).

All I'm saying is, I think Sanchez can reach a top-10 level of play eventually, but - based on his rate of progression so far - I don't think that happens until around his 6th year; and if he can win consistently in the meantime, then waiting isn't so bad.