Thank you Mark Sanchez!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Nov 18, 2011.

1. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

If every throw was like the 4th down bullet to Turner on the final drive, then we would have won 2 Super Bowls by now.

This is what really pisses me off about Sanchez.

He can make some of the greatest throws you'll ever see then he will absolutely suck for the next series or two. There is ZERO consistency.

When he steps up in the pocket and gets both feet set, most of the time he actually makes halfway decent throws.

The problem lies during the other 90% of the game where he looks like a deer in headlights.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i gotta admit i lol when i saw that.

sanchez is scared, he has been scared quite a bit this year. i am not sure if he can bounce back anymore. he looks like he has ptsds or some shit. all night last night he was bailing out and throwing hte ball too soon. even the last play of the game he was basically on the ground when he threw it and it ended up being a duck and not making the endzone.

i am worried for him at this point because once you become a scared qb its not easy to turn it back arouind. and this kid is scared to death.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

That's a pretty funny pic of El Guapo.

4. LukeyBCFC

LukeyBCFC New Member

Sanchez's head isn't in the game I don't think, might be a case of him having believed his own hype or not having the confidence. He's throwing picks for fun and getting sacked for fun also without no pocket presence... or am I being oversensitive?

5. FloridaJetsFan

Kinda hard to have your head in the game when someone is putting their helmet in your back or when he gets the snap and there's two guys trying to take his head off......Just saying.

6. FloridaJetsFan

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

as a veterinarian/alligator wrestler/San Francisco Giants consultant myself

B-b-b tomdeb is a lawyer himself. Aren't such people supposed to be educated? How is it possible for such a person to write such utter trash?

8. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Cakes:

You obviously have some problem with the fact that I am lawyer, since you mention it in several of your recent posts. It'll probably bother you (and no one else), then, to know that I have been the agent (negotiated their contract, Cakes, that is what it means) for 2 professional football players in the last 10 years--no big deal, but it'll probably give you something else to comment on since your life must be pathetic. By the way, Cakes, is your first name "Fruit?" You're probably a male prostitute or a cross-dresser or both with a handle like "Cakes."

And if you'll check the message board most of the posters have agreed with this thread about Sanchez and not labeled it "trash." Probably hard for you to appreciate that, (Fruit) Cakes.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yes, my first name is Fruit. I am amazed you figured it out. Is your first name Saul?

10. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Is Pennington officially retired, yet?

11. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Oh yeah, he's scared. alright. It seems like that every time the pressure gets on him. The OL looks scared, too, considering the way they let motherfuckers in on occasion.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Pennington talk in this thread is actually accurate. He would be perfect for a Rex Ryan led team. He can manage games and not make key mistakes. Saying he could have won a SB in 09 or 10 while in his prime is obviously possible. But that is all hypothetical.

13. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Wow you are a lawyer. What's the opposite of being impressed? I am that.

14. MiamiDolphin

MiamiDolphin Active Member

He's still a young QB. You have to give him time to grow. Sanchez will get it done.

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Stats wise the only things Sanchez appears in the top 10 for are interceptions and getting sacked.

We rolled the dice on geting a franchise QB (as you cannot succeeed in the NFL without one) and I dont blame the FO for doing so - what else did we have at that point? - but its looking more and more like we crapped out.

16. perfectpackage99

This is where you realize Sanchez's value, if we wanted to trade Sanchez now, I doubt we can get more then a 3rd round pick for him.

17. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

i agree trash,,,,,,,, lawyer
    as far as contracts go you copy one,, change the name fuck the shit out of your client; then you smile and shake their hand and actually believe youve done something good for someone

18. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to agree if we'd seen progress over the past 2.5 years...but he's making the same mistakes he was making 2.5 years ago.

He's still locking onto receivers.
    He's still consitantly missing throw's, even when there's no pressure.
    He's still consistantly not seeing blown coverages, or mismatches.
    He's still Mis-reading coverages consistantly.
    He's still not quickly recognizing an open reciever and therefore getting the ball to them late cutting down on the YAC.

Yesterday for example three Plays come to mind, A completion to Holmes in either the third or 4th quarter, had he hit him earlier that play could have turned into a significant YAC catch, however because the Defender had time to recover it was just a tackle after catch.

The High throw to Keller in the back of the endzone, wide open But the pass was so high Keller had to leap and couldn't come down with his foot inbounds. Sure Touchdown blown by a high throw.

Throw to Holmes near the Endzone, throw is slightly behind Holmes and late in delivery, as a result Holmes has to break stride to catch the ball and loses his footing, a well delivered ball and that's almost certainly a touch down with the YAC, but because of the slow and off target delivery it's a tackle after stumble.

On the Greene Tipped interception, another case of late delivery and the ball being high and behind the reciever resulting in the ball being off Green's hands and picked off. Yes that partly resides on Green, but it's also the result of a bad pass.

If passes like that were the exception rather than the rule with Sanchez I'd be silent, but they remain the consistant with Sanchez, and not the exception.

19. scrock

scrock New Member

chad

I actually agree, I don't understand why he was so hated, Pennington was a really solid QB if he could only stay healthy, that was his biggest issue. He made a bad Dolphins team into a playoff team in his first year in Miami? something like that

He was accurate as hell too, something Sanchez is not

20. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Then he got assraped by a good defense in the playoffs.

Mark has done more for this team in 2 years than Chad did in nearly a decade.

#80 BadgerOnLSD, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011