Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I could not disagree more with the bolded statement. THis is a Qb driven league. Sanchez is not getting it done, and there's little reason to think that is going to change any time soon. He's the biggest problem on this team right now. No question about it.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Did he give up all those points in Oakland?

No he threw for almost 400 Yards.

Was he on the field for the 95 yard Tebow fest.

No.

Is he responsible for the design and implementation of the offense, and the inability to hide the suspect OLine, no.

Let's face it I love WideOpen Wayne Hunter as an Extra Tackle, but Who thought he could step in and play at a high level, as an every down RT?

Mark didn't make that call either.

Who refuses to call plays to get the ball out quickly to minimize that lack of talent on the OL.

(You know, spread the defense Wide, get rid of the ball quickly..and to his credit, They HAD been doing that..and it was looking good. Go back to my comments after the Jills game. It looked like they were turning a corner...but NE threw a wrinkle or two at them and they could not adjust...thats not Mark, thats the OC)

Given the opportunity Mark comes up big in big spots. 7 Comebacks since week 6 last year, most in the NFL, I believe was the stat they highlighted last night... (Yes, part of that is the plays,but the point is the player is clearly not the biggest issue.)

Fix the OC, and the QB problem goes away.

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Hobbes,

Sanchez holds the ball too long. That's his fault. All the other problems with the team do not take away from the fact that he is not getting it done.

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

One of the SDF's main threat was "Let's see how the next OC does if Schotty gets canned. He won't fare better anyway!"

Now, if the next OC actually does produce with the talent base Jets have, I really have to wonder what SDF will say then. (This hypothetical threat bullshit can go either way.)

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Our O is a mess right now. Shotty worked out Sanchez with Rex and Tannenbaum. Tannenbaum was clearly a Shotty supporter and I have no doubt Shotty had a lot of the imput on going after Sanchez. It's not working, he is not developing in this scheme. Shotty has to go or a new GM needs to be brought in here to re-evaluate everything.

When you screw the pooch on drafting a QB and it's a decision that the OC, HC and GM agreed on as part of the reconstruction of the team, you either change the scheme and coaches to bring the guy around or bring in a GM to figure out the next move.

6. Hobbes3259

Respectfully, I would suggest Marks body of work, even with this albatross, and in light of the history prior to his draft, lends toward changing the scheme.

I think the pick was a solid one.

I've never liked Cavanaugh as QB coach, and as for the rest, you know where I stand, so I'll spare the redundancy.

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I'm not sure but I sure would like to see what he can do with a different OC and some different players around him.

8. SoFl JetsLoyal

SoFl JetsLoyal New Member

This is perfectly said! I'm not ready to throw sanchez to the wolves until he is given a fair shot with a competent OC. If after a new OC comes in and he is still shit, then we can tarr and feather him in times square!

9. bobby2times

bobby2times Member

I'm sure when that happens and Sanchez doesnt produce people will just make the excuse of it being a new system and he hasnt learned it yet.

10. hazmat

hazmat New Member

How many times last night did two wr's run into each other? How many times last night were Broncos Wr's wide open and tebow missed them?

How many times were jets wr's even open?

11. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I don't think shotty is the problem. However I think he should be fired so that we can see Sanchez with a new oc. If Sanchez plays the same under a new system then you know what do and vice versa.

12. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

San and Schott need to go. They're both just way below average.

13. Hobbes3259

Here's why.

Lets start with the first drive.

1st 10.

I formation. Run up the middle 1 yard.

2nd 9, 3 Wide, Mulligan motions from Far left to the right side, Off tackle run looked like he got 7, because the play developed so far back, but he really got 4.

3rd and five. This is hilarious.

3 Wide and Keller.

Holmes on the Outside right. Bailey in way off coverage, with a DB inside.

Holmes motions inside then back out, Bailey still in off coverage, and retreats on the snap.

The First down marker is WIDE OPEN. Except the route on that play drags Holmes right into the DB.

4th
    Shanked Punt.

Then repeatedly all night long we line up in the I and try to run up the middle on 1st down.

14. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Hey you recently bang your head or something?

15. Hobbes3259

I dunno..if I had I might have joined the SDF. :wink:

16. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

09-16-2007, 09:10 pm

10-16-2007, 06:45 pm

09-14-2008, 10:56 pm

10-27-2009, 08:58 am

11-22-2009, 08:22 pm

17. Hobbes3259

Even Bob Barker gets it.

Hey Bob, what about this whole Schotty thing?

[youtube]AxrPSiCcv2s[/youtube]

18. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

One of Schottenheimer's biggest failings is the inability/unwillingness to adapt on the fly. He is incapable of making adjustments, whether it be to change up the play based on the defense or to change strategy at half time. He will run the team into a brick wall for 60 minutes straight if has to because making a change would hurt his brain too much

19. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I really do not get all the sudden hate for Sanchez. Sure the kid hasn't had a lot of stellar games this year, but a portion of that blame goes around to the team, injuries, and coaching. The team selected a QB that was extremely shallow in terms of college experience in comparison to most drafted QB's, and instead of giving him some grooming time on the sideline, they locked and loaded him right into the chamber and pulled the trigger. His overall body of work has been pretty decent, imo, considering several factors. Coaching... injuries... and player turnover on the offense.

It is no secret I don't have a lot of love for Schott, so naturally, I would rather see us go in another direction in terms of the offense, or get someone in house that can work with Mark on his shortcomings such as mechanics to keep reinforcing him and bringing him up. This team went on the road back to back years through the playoffs to the conference championship game, and Sanchez was clutch in a number of games down the line. He may never rise to be the NFL elite QB, but there is no reason that he cannot be a solid QB provided the team invests in him.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yep. This is a management problem at this point because clearly Schotty + Sanchez is not getting the job done at a high level. Either Tanny admits the talent is less than he expected or he changes the coaching. That's the way these things work.

#4060 Br4d, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011