Thank you Mark Sanchez!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Namath3

Namath3 New Member

Thank you! This point is never picked up on this board today.

The Chize:
    24/40
    A padestrian 250YDs
    Zero TDs
    1 INT
    Atrocious Clock Mgt... AGAIN!
    Bad decisions (Not stopping the clock before the half & NOt throwing into the end zone at the end of the game)
    Inability to lift his team by himself
    Floats more passes than any QB in the league
    Does not inspire his O
    The list goes on...

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Well, if we cut Sanchez him after this year we only have 5 million in dead money and save 9 million against the cap. Once Indy cuts Manning we should sign him for a couple of years, make Moore the OC and then we are good to go.

3. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

He has no pocket presence, his arm is mediocre, he just wants to get rid of the ball asap on pass plays, he won't change run plays when there are 8 in the box....the guy is in over his head and it is about time the team takes some accountability and admits it.

4. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

Agreed ^, there are 52 other plays on the roster, and generally speaking we only have gripes against a handful, which is pretty good compared to most teams in the league. Hunter, Smith, Mulligan, Sanchez, and Conley are the usual suspects. Conley, Smith, and Mulligan don't have the ability to impact games the way Sanchez does, so I don't understand why so much blame is directed at them for our troubles when their collective impact on the game is very small in comparison to Sanchez. Those three are simply scapegoats. Wayne Hunter has done a poor job this season, but inspite of our o line troubles we still have the best center in the league and a pro bowl LT, not to mention moore has been reliable being a member of this line even when it was elite. Slauson actually had a good year last year, so I see most of the blame going on Hunter, here. But we simply can't give Mark a pass because of the play of his RT, This shouldn't be news, but this is life in the NFL, Mark has had the benefit of playing behind one of the best o lines in the league the past two years, and even then he was average at best, now that one link in the chain is weak we are seeing how well/not well he handles pressure. There are worse O lines in the league than ours.

5. Ingersoll

Ingersoll New Member

From an outsider's perspective...

Sanchez sucks. At least this season he does. Denver put 8 or 9 in the box, brought pressure, and dared Sanchez to beat them with his arm. Obviously that was a good strategy. And I don't normally go overboard on the whole issue about how a starting NFL qb needs a rocket arm but man, Sanchez doesn't seem to have much in the way of arm strength. That 40 yard duck at the end of the game was really weak.

That said, the real story in Denver isn't Tim Tebow, it's Denver's defense. Those guys are pretty good. I watch them a lot because I'm a Raider fan so I've seen the damage they can do to opposing quarterbacks this season.

If Denver had a real quarterback, they'd be dangerous.

Back to Sanchez though, the guy is mediocre unless every other player on offense is performing at a Pro Bowl level. He doesn't seem to have the capability to carry the team when things get tough this year. Maybe it's just a bad season or maybe he's been figured out; but I can't imagine that Mark Brunnel coming in would make things worse.

One more thing: your defense was gassed in the 4th quarter on that last drive. I've seen it happen more times than I can count. A physical game that's close in the 4h quarter in Denver will almost alway result in a Donk win.

Maybe if you would have had all your timeouts you could have used them to rotate your defensive personnel from the field directly to the nearest oxygen tank. But as it stood your guys practically turning blue in that thin air.

And just for the record, Tim Tebow's a fairy.

#45 Ingersoll, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but we got a player's coach.

7. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Some people will never say he sucks. They have this stupid mentality of "Sanchez is a Jet. I am Jet fan. I must like him because of those two things."

The guy today proved that he is worse than Tim Tebow, who before last night was the consensus pick for the worst starting qb in the NFL. Not sure how some of the idiots will still defend him, but I have a feeling it is coming in 3, 2, 1.....

8. hang3xc

hang3xc Member

Would've been TONS easier without that pick 6 gift that Plax looked just about as responsible for as Sanchez

9. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

Except the ball was thrown both in front of Plax and in front of the defender, not to mention low enough to not go over the defender allowing him to pick it off easily.

10. skeleton_frames

Add to the Pick 6 the TWO TD passes that he fucked up (one to Holmes and one to Keller) and that makes for an epic game.

While we have a super conservative offense which makes it hard to score points, could you imagine what would happen if Schotty did open the playbook to this knob?

11. steelerblackandgold

steelerblackandgold New Member

That's because the Jets offense can't sustain any drives which puts the defense right back out there and by the 4th quarter, in a close game, they are screwed. Once again, like I have said in the past, Mark Sanchez is horrible.

12. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

You are 100% correct--every time Sanchez drops back it is like he can't wait to get rid of it--even if it means bad throws. First drive in the Bills game (which I know the jets won) Sanchez threw into QUADRUPLE coverage into the end zone for Keller, and surprise, it was intercepted. He is in WAY over his head and jets management needs to admit their error instead of wasting great defensive efforts.

And for the clueless on this board that are still ranting about Denver's 95 yard drive, may I point out that Denver STARTED 5 drives in jets territory and made only 3 whole points out of those 5 drives. Damn good defense. This one (and most of our losses) are on Sanchez. It is clear the players has lost confidence in Mark (5-7 yard slant) Sanchez.

13. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

250 yards is not pedestrian. The rest of it is...

Stop looking at numbers. He sucked, but his passing yardage doesn't imply that.

14. Ingersoll

Ingersoll New Member

I don't think so. The Jets had the ball for 5 minutes more than the Donks over the course of the game. But I don't know what the second half ToP numbers are. That could dispel my theory.

But without that it's just something I've seen happen in Denver a lot. The Donks train at that altitude so their bodies synthesize extra red blood cells/hemoglobin in order to take in the necessary O2 that's less abundant at that altitude.

Visiting teams don't have that advantage and over time the O2 deficit becomes cumulative, which results in degraded O2 levels in the tissues. There's something called the electron transfer chain (cellular respiration) that deals with the production of ATP (energy) in cell mitochondria; but that's enough of that.

When I was studying anatomy and physiology I took an extra geeky interest in the phenomenon.

15. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Count me in with the people who have finally lost faith in Sanchez

16. FloridaJetsFan

If you watch that play again...Burress was going backwards on the play...even the announcers said that he should have blocked out the CB....should he have thrown the ball...yes....but a bit earlier and a bit harder and it would've been complete. He got no help from Burress. Sanchez is playing very tentative and thats killing him. Not sure if it's him or the coaches telling him not to make the big mistake and let the defense win the game. I believe he is being hancuffed by rex and schotty and is playing very uptight...look at how he preforms when they go no huddle and allow him to play freely!

17. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Ok, a bit of an overreaction, especially seeing as when Ryan got here he said he would have loved to have had a guy like that on his team. That was all Mangini saying he didn't fit into 'his scheme." Im sure Rex could have done something with him. Our linebackers got destroyed in the Pittsburgh game.

18. BkzMoreno730

BkzMoreno730 New Member

When our offensive line has a great game protecting Sanchez this year, I'll see if his performance is better. I'm not his biggest fan but Sanchez has done good sometimes getting away from these defenders but when you're doing it all the time, it must be tougher to dial in and make these throws.

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I agree. Unfortunately.

What will the team do about it? My guess is they move Schotty out and see if a different OC can work with MS. Probably waste another year in doing so, but they will be quite reluctant to cut or even bench MS. They have too much of their own reps invested in him.

Still, they may cover their bets by drafting a Qb.

20. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

very good post, thanks