The Rational Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 624, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Cynic

Cynic New Member

Even I expect us to thrash the Bills again. No one should be excited about that when it happens.

2. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Not sure what to say to this aside from pointing out that none of us on this board are actually playing in these games so spending that much emotional effort on it probably isn't the most rational move.

Then again, I'm not you and you're not me so we're probably not going to agree on each other's point of view.

3. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I expected us to thrash the Broncos tonight, where'd that get us?

4. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

I dont agree with you stance but this was funny hahah

5. Cynic

Cynic New Member

Easy. Only a fool would have expected us to thrash the Broncos.

6. CatoTheElder

Well than stop cheering for the team so we can win a game!

:beer:

7. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

What about a fan is being rational though? If the Jets weren't playing tonight I would've laughed at how inept the teams were and turned off the TV. The only reason I didn't was because I cared about the outcome, if you're going to forget about the result 5 minutes after its over why go through the trouble of watching the games?

8. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

You think?
    Why were we favored by 6 tonight in Vegas? And, you do realize the home team in the NFL gets 3 points by default when it comes to this type of shit, no?

9. eddieandthejets

eddieandthejets New Member

86 Schottenheimer!

The only question is, can they do it mid season?

10. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

What? now youve really lost me dude, I figured you were pissed because the Jets shot themselves in the foot again, but you actually believe the Broncos just outright beat us?

No way, im gonna go with sarcasm on this one

11. AK-JETS4Life

AK-JETS4Life Active Member

I blame the short off season practice. That is all. I mean, wasn't anyone surprised that the lack of practice had a huge effect? Especially when the players around the team change dramatically.

12. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

What is this doing in the rational thread?

13. Cynic

Cynic New Member

I was under the impression that a thrashing meant more then 6 points. And yes, homefield advantage does matter lol...

14. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Schottenheimer makes me want to C86

15. ........

........ Trolls

No. Pats lose and we're still 2 games behind. They swept us. We have to finish a full game ahead of them to take the division. At 5-5, even running the table would mean we'd need the Pats to go 4-3 against their remaining schedule. It's just not going to happen.

At this point, with a 4-5 conference record and tiebreaker losses to the Ravens, Raiders, and Broncos, we should be most concerned with whether it's even possible for us to take the wildcard. To be honest, we likely need to sweep our remaining schedule for that to happen. The AFC North will most certainly have a team sitting at 10-6, maybe even two. I'm not even sure we have a reasonable shot at 10-6.

16. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

I understand tiebreakers and all that, just trying to lay on some perspective that having the same record as the Pats isnt really that far out of reach.

Tiebreakers dont matter untill week 17 is over.

#116 Chrebet86, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  17. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

You don't think being favored by almost a TD on the road is a big spread?

You don't think we're a better team than Denver in almost every facet of the sport? We should have killed this team. Who's to say we don't lose to Buffalo on Sunday? I think any rational NFL fan expected us to win today. 4 days rest, and all.

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Let's look at the team rationally..

QB: Mediocre
    RB: Mediocre
    WR: Mediocre
    TE: Mediocre
    OL: Mediocre
    DL: Above average
    LB: Above average
    S: Mediocre
    CB: Exceptional

Of course, against Oakland, Denver, New England 2x, and Baltimore, teams that don't run their offense through their WRs, have all beaten us.

19. CatoTheElder

I wasn't really talking about forgetting the result, but as I said it's mostly just something to entertain myself with. I still get pissed off when they lose and I still get elated when they win. I guess I just let the victories effect me more than the losses.

I understand your point caring for the team, that's why I watch every week and that's why I come to a message board at 1:30 in the morning when I have work the next day to talk about them.

While I'm watching the games I typically say enough vile shit during games to get my anger out(I think I mentioned AIDS at least eight times when referring to the Broncos or John Elway specifically and I probably mentioned some desire to convert to Islam after probably every other Tebow first down run) but once the game is over with I have no part to play in the NFL until the next week aside from posting speculation and hypotheticals on this board so that's as far as I take it.

Then again, you said that people respond and react differently and that's true. My only point was the odd posters who swell this board with fucking miserable sentiments - not anger but actual life-sucking misery that's typically reserved for EMTs who have every patient die on them - gets wearisome beyond a point of tolerance.

You say you're angry, this team has given you every right to be. I say we're not done yet and I'm going to continue to hope we make it despite seemingly insurmountable odds because that makes it more interesting for me. I don't feel either of us are wrong in our opinions.

20. ........

........ Trolls

I think the only truly rational response is to cut off Schotty's cock and shove it down Tebow's throat until he stops struggling.