The Rational Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 624, Nov 17, 2011.

1. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

How long have you been a fan of this team?

Who here thinks "we're running the table?"

just curious.

2. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Maybe 1-2 people said it, and in his mind it means everyone who doesn't have a gun in their mouth right now is saying it.

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Of course I want the team to make the playoffs but coming up short is sadly becoming a harsh reality for this team. If we were the Raiders or Texans making the playoffs is a successful season. If your the Lions getting the is an awesome season. When you've lost two consecutive AFC Title games just making the playoffs isn't good enough for me.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

So we can't realistically kiss the playoffs goodbye after the lessons we learned in 09 (after ATL loss), and 2010 (after MIA loss).... but this team can't and won't be a Super Bowl threat with this joke of an offense anyways. That's where we stand.

5. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Here's a shocker for you, people are different and process shit in different ways. Personally, I'm a negative fucker and tempering my expectations when the Jets constantly play like shit is the only way to keep from destroy my house on game days. Its pretty much the same defense mechanism that the relentlessly optimistic people use to avoid having to face the fact that the Jets might not be as good as they thought.

6. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Run the table? hows about we just worry about 1 week at a time...

Contemplate this, the patriots lose this week. pats 6-4 Jets 5-5....

I dont get whats so hard to understand about that.

7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I don't think you are considered an anti-sunshiner. It's a weird thing around here. If you criticize Sanchez, or Rex, or say you think a game is over, or we won't make the playoffs, a lot of people here snap and call you a SOJF.

I think you should be allowed to criticize, even harshly, without being labeled that. On the other hand, I think anyone that thinks we will run the table at this point, or thinks Sanchez is great, is the exact opposite of a SOJF....a Sunshiner. Oddly, the Sunshiners tend to be the ones that quickly label people SOJF's.

8. Cynic

Cynic New Member

Well if we don't run the table we probably won't make the playoffs. Obviously I'm rooting for the team to win. I just see no reason for blind optimism when you are setting yourself up for disappointment. This is why my mindset into the Pat game despite us being favored was "They always play us tough" and for the Broncos game "They almost beat us last year and Sanchez sucks".

My best hope right now is that we draft a good player out of this failure of a season.

I'm not a SOJF, the 2000's have been pretty good for the Jets. Started watching in 1999.

#88 Cynic, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

This is pretty much the only sentence that belongs in this thread.

10. 3rdAnd15Draw

The only people that bring up SOJ or SOJF's are the insufferable douches that think they or the Jets are some unique and special snowflake and not just another fucking team in the NFL they decided to root for. They are bandwagoners at heart that can't quite bring themselves to jump ship and they are also the fans that will make every other teams fanbases hate the Jets if they do win.

11. Cynic

Cynic New Member

What does that mean?

12. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I know I said it in another thread but I'm pretty sure I said it was highly unlikely as well.

Anyway, my point was we have every right to be pissed off when our pleasant distraction from our weekly troubles falls short of expectations but the assholes who parade the "season is lost" sentiment like some high wisdom - or "realism" - they hold above the masses is fucking laughable to the point of being insulting.

We're in a big fucking hole and I don't see it as likely that the Jets manage to crawl their way out of it. Still, at leas the sunshiners give the appearance that they're still trying to enjoy themselves. The sulking "OMG It's all over!11!" crowd I just want to deal with by giving them the most pathetic looking knife possible and point them to the nearest gun shop to rob to just get their fucking misery over with.

As for the game tonight:

We lost and it probably cost us a trip to the play-offs. It sucks. Deal with it.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The second in a row. Rex appears to be in over his head at this point. It was understandable when things went to hell his first season as a head coach but our young QB is not the only one who is not learning it seems.

14. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Where's this blind optimism you speak of?

15. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Dude, find a hobby.

16. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Cato, you've become one of my favorite posters, without a doubt.
    I've tried to start a thread about this, I've tried like 3 or 4 posts in already created threads to say this: there's a sense of entitlement in this fanbase that never existed before, and I've noticed it rearing it's ugly head this season. I'm sick of it. This is football, shit happens. It always has and always will. What the fuck can we do about it?
    Sense of entitlement has seeped it's way into our home crowds, too.

17. 3rdAnd15Draw

I've got one, it's watching sporting events where i give a fuck about the outcome. If you're just going to shrug your shoulders and say get em next time what's the point?

18. Cynic

Cynic New Member

Yeah it's just a game we have to remember that. Has no impact on our lives.

19. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Heres a nice sunshine fact for you,
    the Jets are only 1.5 Games out of a tie for 1st place!
    WHOOOOOOO!

Seriously, onfield performance (which is a proven week to week thing with this team) aside, how is this situation so bad?

And before you answer, let me remind you that no YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT WEEK.

Pats lose and we are 1 game out, Ill take it.

#99 Chrebet86, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  20. 3rdAnd15Draw

It's a game about which we're all posting on a message board dedicated to it at 1:30 on a weekend. Don't act like anyone has a sense of perpective about this.