The Rational Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 624, Nov 17, 2011.

1. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Do you honestly believe this team will win the super bowl this year?

2. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Holy fuck dude. Nobody said this thread is about being positive. It's for people who want to discuss the team without a bunch of whiny cunts.

3. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

WHy are you even a fan?

you: It doesnt take a brain surgeon to see that this team just cant get it done arggh! I said the same thing last week but for some reason I still watch the games even though i know they are going to lose!

I said the same thing in 2009 as well even though our situation was worse than it is this season and the patriots were alot better! I was so upset when the jets found a way into the playoffs because I was wrong!

To summize basically, anything can happen and this team proves that every week and year, whether its in a way thats good for us or not. If you havent realized that yet then you havent wathced this team enough.

WEVE BEEN IN WAY WORSE SITUATIONS THAN THIS AND PREVAILED.

this team has been very dissapointing in comparison to the other years Im speaking of yes, I feel way worse about this years team than any other years before, yes, but that doenst change anything to me.
    If this team can be so unexplicably bad one week, and then look like the team we know they can be another, you cant just rule that happening again just because of a loss.

#63 Chrebet86, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  4. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Here's the point I never get with the anti-sunshiner movement: Why not root for your team and continue to believe in them?

11-5 is a huge task, especially since the Jets will have to run the table, but it's not completely out of the question and, frankly I'm not seeing too many posts saying anything more than that.

And why the fuck not be positive about a fucking football team? This isn't your livelihood unless you sole source of income is bets made on the Jets to win or cover the spread. They aren't the last company defending your city against three-score legion marching down to rape, burn and pillage every thing you hold dear. It's a fucking pleasant distraction from the rest of the shit you do.

Yea, I get pissed off when the Jets lose like everybody else but we're not even mathematically eliminated yet. Are there those on this board whose lives are so petty that the only joy they can derive from life is to predict being miserable? If that's the case then try and find someone to bet against your prediction because I guarantee you that those making the predictions will be right so long as they keep those predictions confined to their own experiences. You'll be rich.

As for me, I'm going to keep watching and keep hoping that the team pulls a miracle out of their ass and try to enjoy every second of it. I don't know how likely it is, probably not likely at all, but to act like all hope is lost before the Jets are completely eliminated is some bullshit to me. Why the fuck else would you watch this? It's not like we're 0-10 and there are worse things to be delusional about. It's like every other thread/post here that doesn't agree with your view: just pass it over and don't pay it any mind.

5. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Prevailed means winning a Super Bowl. We haven't. I'm not saying I wont watch and root for the Jets for the rest of the season. I will. But can you honestly say this team you spend hard earned money to make sure they earn millions will win a Super Bowl?

6. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

At this point in time no absolutely not, but there are still six games left. Thats why they play the games. Thats why we watch them. Thats why the Jets frustrate you. Because each week is different. Everybody is talking about the rest of the season as if every week will be the same, which has already been proven untrue, by THIS team.

I have heard somewhere that this is the nature of competitive sports.

7. xBleedingGreen62x

Cause bitchin and moaning is so much better than actually believing in your team and not throwing in the towel as a fan when shits not going great. Your kind are called "fair weather" like the millions of 2001 born again patriot fans.

I'd much rather still believe in the team.

8. mystikol

mystikol New Member

This thread would have been better started in a different sub-forum where the whackos would be less likely to find it.

9. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

I guess im the only one who looks at getting into the playoffs as a successfull season, for a fan.

Seriously, after alls said and done, if my team makes it to the playoffs, and is at least competitive, honestly Im satisified and I look foward to next year.

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Either that or wait until tomorrow morning.

11. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Are you fucking nuts? Tomorrow morning?

12. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

This sucks, because posters I like and respect like crazy I now feel like I'm posting "against." But this doesn't have to be my livelihood to be disgusted. And like you, I will keep watching, keep hoping. But do I believe the team I've watched this season will win the Super Bowl, which is always the ultimate and sole goal of any football team? No. This "franchize QB" is just not it. The offensive line has not been improved. The D cannot step up when necessary. Not enough to win a super bowl.

As for why people come here and bitch and "whine." These are people who work shit jobs they likely hate, if they work at all. They put whatever little money they have into buying merchandise. Or they watch games which makes advetisers pay the Jets money. Their contributions to this team should not be so poo-poo'd. And they expect an escape from their mundane lives into something hopeful. And when you watch this team get beat by bullshit like a Tim Tebow led "high school offense," I think they should come here and rant and release. This is far less serious, but I'l quote James Baldwin here: "I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually. "

It's similar. We should criticize this team. We should criticize a GM who allows a shitty backup like Wayne Hunter to be a starter to protect our "franchize QB" who we moved all the way up to #5 overall to draft. And we should shit on this awesome D that allows Tim fucking Tebow to drive 95 yards for a game winning touchdown.

Maybe I'll feel different when sober in the morning, but fuck this. Let people shit on a team that looked and played like shit on all phases of the game tonight for us.

13. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

You're right. This game won't be rationally discussed until at least 2016.

14. mystikol

mystikol New Member

Hahahahaha

I need more beer.

15. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Respect your honesty, look forward to meeting you next year, but I want a fucking Super Bowl and a ticker tape parade for this team. I'm tired of hearing "the last time your team won shit you weren't even born." But it's me.

16. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Artic grape bacardi! For real son!

17. Cynic

Cynic New Member

It's called realism guys. If you paint me an "anti-sunshiner" because I'm not coming out like everyone was after the PATS game and saying we are going to run the table then you're cuckoo.

Let me get this through your skulls: WE ARE NOT RUNNING THE TABLE. Contemplate that, let it sink in for a bit, then get back to me.

18. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I don't understand why people want credit for predicting failure. 31 teams fall short every year. It's not hard to be correct.

19. 624

624 Banned

Someone's still missing the point...

20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

You are absolutely right. Getting in the playoffs always makes for a fun season. Certainly better than many, MANY seasons I've sat through.

That being said, I've never seen the Jets even make the SB. We made the AFC title game 2 years in a row, and now it seems we have taken a big step back. I, like many others, had high expectations this year. Making the SB after two straight title games seemed like a natural progression.

We've only made 5 conference title games and 1 SB. Following up the past two years without even making the playoffs is a HUGE, HUGE letdown. Thus, even if we went 10-6, got in the playoffs, but went out in the 1st round, this year would suck.

If we don't even make the playoffs (which based on our conference record is most likely) this year would be devastating. I think that's why fans are more pissed than they normally would be. This would be one year where just being competitive doesn't cut it.