Do the Jets have the tools to beat NE in the playoffs?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Bill Belidouche, Nov 16, 2011.

1. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

That was their best defensive performance of the season and we played like dog shit with numerous mistakes. If we played our best game we would beat them playing their best game. It all depends who comes ready to play.

2. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Yes we do. We just played a very flawed crappy game on sunday. At our best we beat them, just like in the play offs last season.

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Gronkowski not the best tight end....hes got Brady throwing to him. Put him in the Colts offense and lets so how good he is then lmao.

4. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

What is your point? How many great receivers have scrubs for QBs? One doesn't make the other, they compliment each other.

Fact is, Gronkowski DOES have Brady throwing to him, and will for the next few years at least, and until that changes (and probably after), he will be the best tight end at least in the AFC, barring another emerging young player like he was last season.

Bias against players on opposing rival teams is ridiculous sometimes. Who in the AFC do you honestly think is better? Gates is a shell of his former self. Gresham appears to have regressed or just isn't on the same page as Dalton. Daniels, Keller, and Miller have been near invisible in comparison. Pro Bowl is supposed to be the best players right now, not the players with the best reputation (although that is what it comes down to a lot of the time).

#44 strngplyr, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  5. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Jets can still take the Pats in the playoffs but Pats would would deserve to be favored. Quite a few factors need to be addressed & most of them are defensive.

The TE combo which Brady has is lethal. However, Jets are the only opponents that can turn Welker into a non-factor. If they can ever chip the TE coming off the line & get pressure on Brady, the Pats will struggle big time. Of course, it's a lot easier to make that plan than to implement it. Brady seemed very comfortable dancing around Jets lineman, as they were flopping down @ his feet, to buy receivers more time.

Jets D would also have to be able to handle the no-huddle next time they meet. If Brady sees the Jets struggling with it, he'll no-huddle non-stop until he hits the end zone.

===
    offensively, Jets need to stop with these empty backfield sets. It doesn't matter if the Pats D is ranked 32 in the league -- Sanchez consistently airing it out like he's Brees, Rodgers, Peyton isn't gonna win games. Ground & Pound .... & pass off play action. Seems like the Jets Offense went away from what they're built for to try to take advantage of Pats weakness in secondary & failed.

===
    Special teams played poorly but Jets have an outstanding special teams coach. I'd be surprised if the special teams doesn't deliver next time they meet.

6. sg3

sg3 Banned

did it last year and this year the Jets tools are better and the Pats tools are worse

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

No but we didn't last year either

8. TheGreenCantona

you do not to stop Brady at some point on his strolls down the field.

9. TheGreenCantona

agree, but that is the Jets problem, the whole team starting form the coach is scrappy.

I cannot remember many games the last 3 years that have felt comfortable.

10. AFCBEAST

AFCBEAST New Member

Facepalm.....make that a double

11. Coach K

Coach K New Member

The jets have the tools to beat everybody and yes including the packers

Thing is we only showed up for 4 qtrs in every phase maybe twice this yyr

Based on that I think wed prolly lose again if we met them in tne playoffs. Last week was a week where id be convinced at a title run with a solid game. Win or lose

Thing is we showed up to the biggest turning point of the season with everything to gain and everything to lose to separate this team from 09 annd 10.

Thing is we shit the bed royally

They either need to win out or go 6 n 1 to instill confidence in me.

Like I've said I'm the fan who believes we have a good chance to win any game. I'm also a realist though

12. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

This.
    Does anyone else feel the same way? I'm always worried each game about which offense will show up to play. Our defense will be there. Yea they will blow some plays here and there but that happens. Its still a top defense and consistent. Only thing is you cannot keep them on the field most of the game. That goes with every team.

As for the Pats, Brady will always be there. Their offense is consistent and I'm sure Pats fans always feel assured whenever Brady is on the field they have a very good chance to drive down and score. Wish I could say this about the Jets offense.

The key to beating the pats is putting pressure on Brady, which we didn't do at all last game. The passing defense will do its job when he has to force the ball before his receivers are where they should be. This is how we beat them last time.

13. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

can our defense stop them? no way. about 130 points in the last 4 games makes that painfully obvious. we just don't match up well enough to keep them from scoring. The only way we can beat them is to score 30, try to cause turnovers and hang onto the ball ourselves. that's our only realistic shot.

Their offense embarrasses our defense so we need to get a few extra possessions and turn them into TD's.

#53 truthbtold, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  14. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

Pats fan here . . . I do think the JETS have the tools to beat the Pats and is one reason why I want to avoid the Jets come Jan., assuming both teams have the good fortune to make it to Jan. . . .

It just it comes down to execution, the Jets can beat the Pats, but if both teams bring an equal game, i.e. both play their B or A games, I think the edge goes to NE, we had an off game last Jan . . .

But if the Jets bring an A game and the Pats a B game, then things will be dicey for the Pats . . .

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

This how I feel....... unfortunately the JETS are a Dr. Jekyl / Mr. Hyde team.

16. Mr3rdDown80

Mr3rdDown80 Member

i think its pretty obvious that if we run the ball and utilize play action passing our offense is everything it needs to be... we need to pretty much use this approach no matter who the oppenent is... its clear that since the pats secondary is the worst in the league schotty decided to completely change the gameplan... (shotgun on 2nd and short)... im a huge schotty hater but am not going to completely bury him on this once considering that in most cases an OC should attack a 32nd ranked pass defense thru the air...

BUT THAT IS JUST NOT WHO WE ARE...

we need to run the ball effectively... even though the defense should no that the PA is coming, if u are gaining chunks of yardage with each run they still HAVE to respect it... that is why this approach works...

lets face it, at this point in his career, sanchez cannot lead us down the field from a spread offense on a consistent basis. i dont think he's an overall bad QB, but he is just not good enough to do that yet...

get a better rush on brady... get a good bump or a double team on gronk and hernandez... keep revis on welker... run the right offense... and YES we could beat the patsies

17. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Cant double team 2 TEs.

18. Mr3rdDown80

Mr3rdDown80 Member

i knew someone would say that... nice highlight job...

read what i said... get a good bump OR a double team...

obviously u cant double team 2 TEs on one play

19. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I'm going to add to your list:

Don't throw on first down and put yourself in 2nd/3rd and long when you're averaging 5-6 yards per carry.

Don't drop INT's that are right in your hands and could have been returned for TDs (Wilson).

Don't miss Brady twice on the same play for a sack (Maybin).

Don't grab a player's facemask on a 3rd and long pass (Smith).

Catch easy passes (Greene).

Listen to audibles (Holmes)

Don't ask Mulligan to block a DE on his own, especially after he's been beaten by the same guy numerous times.

Don't get confused at the LOS and leave a receiver uncovered (all the DBs)

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The real problem is that Brady and Belichik have figured out how to beat this defense. Go hurry up and pin the personnel you want to exploit on the field and just drive through the end zone.

The thing that depressed me the most about the last two losses is that the heart of the defense, Bart Scott, was standing next to Rex on the key drives both times unable to get on the field because of the personnel package the Pats started with and the method they were using to go down the field.

Whatever you think about the Jet's defense it clearly is not among the stronger defenses in the NFL with Bart Scott on the sidelines.