Week 11: Jets @ Broncos discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Nov 13, 2011.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Minus the Jets having 4 turnovers against the defense, I don't see how Tebow and the offense can run on the Jets. Any 3rd and long and its about making tebow a pocket passer and letting him make the mistake or throwing the ball inaccurately.

2. MagicHef

MagicHef New Member

Well, prepare for some quality posts by me.

3. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

I'm looking at this game differently than most. I see the hammer coming down on Denver 34-10. Bronco fans better hope McGahee plays.

4. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Just a heads up - spamming to get post count up is generally rewarded with a ban in this forum. The mods don't mind you doing it in the Bullshit forum though.

5. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

I think people will be opening their eyes to see who Tim Tebow really is

6. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

All the media talks has me annoyed...the game needs to start already. Was listening and everyone was saying just get a win even if they grind it out...personally I want a blowout or a convincing win in which we dominate.

7. MagicHef

MagicHef New Member

Yeah, I know.

8. MagicHef

MagicHef New Member

The funny thing is, at this point of his career he's really just an extremely effective game manager, but you don't hear anything about that. He only has 1 interception so far this season. For his career, he has 20 touchdowns and 5 turnovers.

9. Jagsbch

Jagsbch New Member

Originally Posted by SkipBayless
    If a team had a bye week since then I used the QBs last 4 games
    1 Brees 10 TDs (5 Against Colts) 3 Ints
    2 Brady 9 TDs 4 Ints
    3 Ryan 9 TDs 4 Ints
    4 Romo 8 TDs 1 Int
    (1)5 Tebow 6 TDs (1 Rushing) 1 Int
    6 Schaub 7 TDs 1 Ints
    7 Sanchez 6 TDs (2 Rushing) TDs 4 Ints
    8 Big Ben 7 TDs 3 Ints
    9 Rivers 7 TDs 8 Ints
    10 E. Manning 6 TDs 3 Ints
    11 Freedom 6 TDs 7 Ints
    12 Cutler 5 TDs 2 Ints

10. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure they will run loads of wild cat plays on us.

11. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Eric Smith ends Tebow's short-lived career tomorrow.

12. MagicHef

MagicHef New Member

Freedom does have a price. That price is 7 interceptions.

13. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

17-10. I think it'll be like 10-7 Broncos at halftime, and we'll be freaking out a little bit, but then we'll play better in the 2nd half, and keep them at arm's reach and come out with the win.

This is a tough offense to prepare for on short week, and there is some talent at WR with Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas. If the secondary gets bored or has miscommunications like last week, they could hit us for a big play when we're expecting run.

But Tebow isn't a good enough passer to do much damage. We won't completely shut down their run game, but we have had some problems setting the edge in the past. Luckily, McGahee isn't 100%, but they'll use Royal out of the backfield, as well as Tebow to get outside.

I just don't trust our offense to do that much. No Kerley, no LT, and Denver's defense isn't bad at all. They've played very well of late.

At the same time, their offense shouldn't be able to sustain many drives. We're going to stack the box, cover their WRs with Revis and Cro, and dare them to throw.

This is a tough game situationally. Talent-wise, we should win it, but the way our offense has played, this won't be a walkover by any stretch.

20-13 Jets.

14. MagicHef

MagicHef New Member

I'm impressed that you spelled Demaryius correctly. I'm not sure you really need to worry about a guy that has 5 receptions this year, though. Decker is truly the only WR we have that is any sort of threat. Royal is fast, but his hands are beyond awful. On Sunday, he dropped a shovel pass that hit him directly in his waiting hands that was thrown from about 5 feet away. It was the kind of pass you would throw to a 4 year old, and he couldn't hang on to it. Thomas can't get on the field, his achilles rupture is probably still bothering him. Willis is pretty much a practice squad guy, and I don't think Cosby has even lined up as WR for us this year. Unless I'm mistaken, those are the only WRs on our roster. Cover Decker, and there's really nothing else to worry about.

15. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I'm not really that worried about your receivers, but our defense has been making some stupid blown coverages lately. Against a gimmicky offense, a guy who gets down the field like Thomas could be problematic. Decker is obviously the biggest one to worry about. I'm just smarting about Thomas doing nothing for my fantasy team when I picked him up.

Another thing that bothers me/excites me about this game is no Tomlinson and no Kerley. We don't have a lot of depth at WR, so now Turner, who is banged up himself, now becomes the #3 WR. I wonder if the Jets use Eron Riley, whom we picked off your practice squad a few weeks ago.

Joe McKnight/Bilal Powell suddenly become much bigger factors. Powell has never gotten a carry, and McKnight hasn't gotten extended run all year. Unless Greene plays better than he has most of the year and learns how to catch the ball, he'll need some help carrying the load.

Somebody in this game that we don't expect, whether it's McKnight (on offense), Powell, Turner, Baker, or Riley, will have to make a play or 2 in this game. That's exciting since we haven't seen what most of these guys can do, but that also could be a downside.

16. zllehs

zllehs New Member

We should all try predicting tims stat line tonight
    So many possibilities could attempt 6 or 26

7/16 135 passing 0 tds
    84 ru yds 1 td

17. sg3

sg3 Banned

OK, Jet fans

GAME TONIGHT IN DENVER

Haven't read the forum since early Monday AM but I see from the thread titles that the SOJF gloom and doomer sky is falling chicken littles have had their happiest half week since 2009 firing all the coaches, the quarterback, the offensive line and the defense...

Meanwhile back in the world of reality, the Jets are 5-4 with an excellent chance, looking at the schedule at at least 11 wins for the season and our usual wildcard slot or better

so as I said

GO JETS

RIP TEBOW A NEW ONE TONIGHT AND LETS MOVE ON

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Point blank, the Jets can never make things easy for themselves. I think they'll win, but we won't look as dominant as we should, which will of course raise questions as to just "how good" this team really is.

IDGAF what kind of criticize comes out of a sloppy win, as long as its a win for the Jets.

17-14 Jets.

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Unfortunately I think we'll come out flat

20. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

If all Eric Smith is out to do is go for the sack of Tebow, that's fine with me. I'm sick of him attempting to play in coverage.