Do the Jets have the tools to beat NE in the playoffs?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Bill Belidouche, Nov 16, 2011.

1. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

Gronk's blocking sets him apart from those guys and Jimmy Graham. When he stays in, he's like an extra tackle on the side he's on. He's on pace to have 10 TDs in his first 2 seasons which has only been done by 1 other TE: Gates. Hell, they even put Revis on Gronk in the 2nd half. How many other TEs does he cover? Gates and that's it.

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

short answer, yes.

3. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, neither are the Jets. I'd say both teams have taken at least a small step back from last year.

4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Mistakes aside, I think we match up better than them. Of course, we'd have to play up to our potential for that to stand true.

5. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Seriously, Jimmy Graham or Heeeeeeeath are probably better too.

6. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

tools?

The Jets have a team that can beat the Pats any other team in the AFC in the playoffs and win a SB. Whether they will or not is questionable / doubtful since they screwed themselves with some dumb losses this season. You have to improve each week. Jets were doing that until last week. But there is still plenty o football left to play and alot can happen to change the playoff landscape.

7. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

I still fail to see how not calling a timeout before halftime is obligatory
    goddamnit the defense is supposed to stop the other team, if our attack needs a timeout to think and score the touchdown so be it, the defense should be able to stop any team

8. Ulrich

Ulrich Member

You do understand that if this was sound logic then, among other things, if we had a really awesome punter it would be a brilliant idea to punt on first down, given that our defense is "supposed to stop the other team" and thus should improve our field position each time?

I know this is "baah i'm crazy and the jets suck" week, but could we agree that giving Tom Brady more time to score is bad?

Edit: apologies if this was sarcasm, there's a lot of silliness about.

#28 Ulrich, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  9. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

this isn't 2008.

Antonio Gates can barely run anymore. He'll never be the same player. He's just savvy enough to still have some impact on the game despite his foot.

Witten isn't as good as he was. he's still good but i'd have to say Jimmy Graham and Gronk are the best TEs in football right now.

Gronk might have the advantage because he's actually a very good blocker

10. felker

felker Active Member

There is nobody in the NFL right now playing TE better than Rob Gronkowski. Graham is playing about as well. Gates and Witten are not. The idea that Miller belongs in this conversation is crazy talk. He isn't close to either Gronk or Graham.

11. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Sure the Jets have the tools, but with Schotty at the helm it's like if the "New Yankee Workshop" was hosted by Bob Vila instead of Norm Abram.

12. felker

felker Active Member

The AFL is having a down year. It was the 2004 season the last time an AFL team won. I'd rather see even the Jets win rather than some NFL team.

:jets:

13. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The problem with the Jets is you don't know which team will show up.
    The Pats don't scare me,the Jets do.

14. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I don't know about the Jets but this board sure has enough tools.

15. Play Like A Jet

That's odd, I was under the impression that the AFL hadn't been around since 1969 when it merged with the NFL... :smile:

16. felker

felker Active Member

The AFL is the best. :metal::metal:

17. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I can't imagine the Patriots beating us 3 times in a year. However, we must make it there first.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The way to beat the Pats in the playoffs is to put a lot of pressure on Tom Brady and make him look like an average QB.

That's what the Giants did in 2007. It's what the Ravens did in 2009 and it's what the Jets did last season.

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Stop being reasonable. We don't do that around here.

20. IWillPeeGreen

IWillPeeGreen Member

I find it a little ridiculous you guys are crowning Rob Gronkowski as the best tight end in the game already. And Wes Welker is not the best receiver in the game either. To be the best you have to prove it season after season, and under different circumstances. Dallas Clark and Reggie Wayne put up the numbers too, but people weren't crowning them the absolute best at their positions.

Gates, Witten, Tony Gonzalez, those guys have a proven track record and got it done under different schemes and under different QBs, I just find it pure disrespect when people always crown a new guy with huge numbers as the best all of a sudden. I guess you guys thought Chris Johnson was the best too.