Week 11: Jets @ Broncos discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Actually, this might be Eric Smith's best game of the year if they set him to spy on Tebow from the box. He's one of the few guys we have who can play in the box and beat Tebow to the corner.

Set him to just watch Tebow and let the linebackers handle the option.

2. Jagsbch

Jagsbch New Member

Fact that Tebow warrants a spy, affords him to act as a QB as well as a blocker in the passing game, pretty much making it a 12 man to 11 contest, and with the safetie issues, this could make for a very long Jets night if and when Fox decides to unleash Tebows cannons in the thin air after the rush knocks the wind out of the Jets coming off a short week and a monster defeat.

Jets are up against it and how Tomorrow.

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Generally speaking, a troll who spends this much time on our boards does so because the home boards have driven him off. Is that what we're talking here?

5. IATA

IATA Trolls

yes, he has been banned from most every other board he's a part of.

6. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

So basically the Jets are playing the Florida Gators tomorrow with an NFL calibre defense.

7. Jagsbch

Jagsbch New Member

Discussing football is like chess, sometimes your takes lose. Folks hate having their reality bubbles bursted by my takes. And this is the reason why I get banned. Folks start to gang up on Jagsbch's character in direct violation of forum rules; kick him off Survivor Island Style; so folks can feel smart again instead of looking dumb, such as the case is now with a few of the trolls aiming to hijack this thread.

Just another knotch in the ol belt for me. Been there done that...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD6hZUsaM40&feature=related

8. JW7

JW7 New Member

I hate now that because Tebow is a Bronco, you are now connected to my team. You are an embarrassment. I can only hope that other fan bases realize that this guy is not a Broncos fan, but a Tebow fan. Fans like you are the main reason Tebow gets so much criticism. You make him out to be the best QB to ever play the game. It ruins any chance of people allowing him time to develop.

9. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

i have no faith we will win this game

we will have too much of a sunday night hangover

10. Jetastic

Jetastic Member

Is this game going to be on a local TV channel?

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Hell, we barely won the last game we played against Denver. I'd like to think Rex can get this team ready to play tomorrow evening. If not, we got an entirely different problem don't we..

12. mute

mute Well-Known Member

yeah on the CW (ch.11)

13. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Mile High

There's another issue that goes against the Jets - they won't be acclimated to the thin air and the Broncos will be.

14. MagicHef

MagicHef New Member

Broncos fan here. I'm very excited for this game, mainly because it will give Von a chance to perform on a national stage. He's been a great pass rusher from the day he got here, but in the last 2 weeks, he's really improved in the sheer amount of physical abuse he dishes out to the QB. Palmer really didn't look like he wanted to get up after a few of Von's hits, and of course Cassel may be done for the season after getting hit by Von.

Von and Dumervil pretty much comprise the entirety of our pass defense, because outside of Champ, our secondary is completely terrible. Dawkins is almost 40, the 2 rookies that rotate beside him get lost regularly, and our #2 CB, Goodman, may be the worst starting CB in the league.

As far as our offense, it shouldn't be a surprise that after trading away our best 2 WRs, we have a pretty awful WR corps. Out of Tebow's 6 incompletions on Sunday, 4 were drops. Amazingly, our TEs may be worse than our WRs.

The one thing we can obviously do very well is run the ball. Oakland and KC were putting 9 guys in the box, and still couldn't stop the run. If McGahee plays, you could really have your hands full trying to stop him. If he doesn't, that will make it a lot easier to shut down our offense.

15. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Normally, I would pick the Jets to roll over this Bronco unit. I think the turnover and bounceback time could have a big affect on this game.

The league really did the Jets a disservice by making them play Sunday night, and follow it up with cross country trek to thin air 4 days later.

This will test the Jets metal certainly. I still think they still get past the Broncos.

16. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Tomlinson officially ruled out.

17. MagicHef

MagicHef New Member

Oh, I forgot that Von apparently injured Stafford's throwing hand as well. Stafford left the game, but we were losing by so much at that point that everyone assumed he was pulled to let the backup get some reps in a blowout.

How does Sanchez hold up under pressure?

18. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

How does he hold up?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeMp8t2--H8

19. MagicHef

MagicHef New Member

Can I ask what the point of not letting new members see links is?

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

so that spammers can't create them.

And it makes people stay on this board.