Peyton the answer?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DemoIsland, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Yes, but those are usually from holes his offense digs. Usually, on a given Sunday, the Jets do as the defense does. There are exceptions, but not enough of them.

We need to be able to win a few games a year in which the D isn't sharp. Every other upper echelon team is capable of that, except perhaps Baltimore.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

You ask Rex..."Rex would you want the Sanchize or a broken Peyton Manning?" He would take Manning everytime and have a gat damn snack to top it all off.

3. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

A Steal!?!??!?! WTF are you smoking? They gave Cleveland a 1st and second round pick AND 3 scrubs, BUT they also paid Sanchez 50 Million dollars, 28 of which was guaranteed. This was by far the biggest contract the Jets gave anyone in franchise history. The Revis contract is comparable, but its Revis..the man should be defensive player of the year this year.

#223 jb1095, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Throw this into the mix ... the Lions play more than 50% of their games in a dome every year. Much easier to complete passes. Same reason I give the edge to Brady over Peyton.

FYI ... Sanchez @ Detroit last year ... 22-39 336 yards

#224 truthbtold, Nov 15, 2011
  5. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

The stupid...it burns. Glad the ban hammer snuffed out another one.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'll buy that.

But again, that comes down to the offense as a whole. Is it the shoddy play execution from the players, is it the playcalling, or is it lack of talent on our offensive roster?

I would say they all contribute to the problem. The inconsistency of the offense is what's keeping us from winning this division.

7. TheGreenCantona

So Sanchez is better than Stafford because he have Schotty, no dome and no AJ.

It is a good thing for you that you will see Sanchez play for the jets another 2 years and maybe beyond , no matter what I say.

8. truthbtold

That's not the point .. none of that is the point.
    What is the point is ... any QB playing in a dome for more than half the season should have an easier time putting up stats than a guy playing outside all year. That's what you're comparing, right? Stats.
    Even with some clear advantages, Stafford is not statistically much different from Sanchez.

#228 truthbtold, Nov 15, 2011
  9. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

You do realize Stafford was drafted by a 0-16 team and Sanchez was drafted by a 9-7 team that just missed the playoffs?

Using wins to compare the two QB's under those circumstances is totally ridiculous.

10. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Cinci got Andy Dalton in the 2nd IIRC.

11. truthbtold

You're right ... and I changed it. Its not fair to compare wins. But if you compare the stats they look pretty close ... and Stafford has never played in a big game.

12. mystikol

mystikol New Member

What the fuck could possibly have been said on this absurd idea to warrant 12 pages?

13. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

And as I said earlier, the Raiders got Carson Palmer for 2 firsts. I'm sure Miami or another cellar dweller would take Sanchez thinking a different OC & team would give him a second shot.

Alex Smith - Enuff said

14. DeutschlandFan

DeutschlandFan New Member

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with the mentality of some people here. I can't believe how many Jets fans seem more than happy to be nothing more than also-rans. And spot on about the "2 consecutive AFC Championship game (losses)" and the "4 road playoff victories" - it's beyond pathetic at this point. Do the fans of top teams like the Steelers, Pats, Packers, etc. go around bragging about almost getting to a Super Bowl, or not being able to earn a home game in the playoffs?
    Jesus, we have a QB who can't even put up points against the worst secondary in the league - but all is OK because once upon a time our defense almost got us to a Super Bowl.
    But yeah, we're the retards :rolleyes:

15. IATA

IATA Trolls

it's obvious you are the same person/know each other. you should just leave.

16. BleedgreenIII

BleedgreenIII Member

Peyton may never play again & even if he does he wont get us any closer to a SB than Sanchez would,he is a poor postseason QB & the Pats seem to have his number...

17. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

My thing is how could this offense get off to a bad start in EVERY game? And this is a problem for years now, not just a Sanchez problem. The coordinator HAS to take a major hit for that trend.

I just don't believe a guy who can look so good sometimes (and even Sanchez haters have to admit he shows flashes of great play), can look so confused and gunshy others. I really think the way they've handled him is a big problem and is what has delayed his progression.. not only with the garbage offense, but changing things constantly on him.. His receivers, changing the offensive identity on the fly, holding him back from taking shots, etc.

18. ........

........ Trolls

Instead of wasting time this offseason trying to upgrade the QB position, how about we secure a RT who can actually contribute full time and boost our pass blocking? Sanchez looks excellent when he's given time in the pocket. It shouldn't be surprising to anyone who has seen even Brady fall apart when he's knocked around behind the line that Sanchez has struggled most this season (and in the past) when he'd under constant pressure. He handles pressure terribly. If we gave him the same kind of time Brady generally has in the pocket, I have no doubt he'd be solid.

19. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Win.

On the one play that Maybin bounced off Brady, he had like 30 seconds to find an open man. Sanchez could have run it down field with his mobility with all that time.

20. perfectpackage99

I am so tired of the constant BS that sanchez has won all these road playoff games, if we had payton we would of won two superbowls, enough is enough. Sanchez is a beneficiary of a team with a great defense, he is a terrible QB and we are going nowhere with him. I would rather have Peyton at age 40 then Sanchez is in his prime