This team has taken a step back...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Nov 14, 2011.

1. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

About the Jets past 2 drafts, I think their problem is they have gotten too cute. They thought they were too close to the Super Bowl and thought they could get cute with their picks..

Ducasse was obviously a project player that has blown up on us. McKnight was a player that they didn't really need with LT signed and Brad Smith returning kicks, but a pick that I admittedly liked a lot at the time (and looks good now that he's become a weapon for us) Conner is a fullback that in the grand scheme of things wasn't really needed with Richardson on the roster and FB's becoming phased out of offenses.

Then this year, the did address the youth issue up front on defense, but drafted a mid-round RB for the 3rd year in a row, which was a little confusing. They could have used that pick to try and get a player to help contribute this year.. I'm not saying Powell isn't going to be a good player, but when we have depth issues on the OL, LB, and safety and Greene, LT, and McKnight already on the roster, it was a very curious pick.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Well let's see...there was this stroke of genius

I knew I remembered your brand of fucktardery. This whole thread on Adalius Thomas sums it up nicely. You're whole schtick reeks of football ignorance.

[thread]1503678[/thread]

3. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Thats what I meant to say!! :grin:

His policy smacks of draft board arrogance ..ducasse, powell, ellis, that 3 picks 4th rd and above that to this point have yet to play more than 6 qtrs of football. A complete waste of valuable picks ally that with the Gholston blow out and the last 3 yrs have seen us regress draft wise.

Wilson whilst proving better this year is not the No 2 cb he was meant to be

Sanchez a 5th rd pick , again not the elite qb ( yet ) that he is meant to be

4. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

pats fan? never. after the win, partying, not so much after the burgh.

negative, sure sometimes and alot positive. green glasses, not! i'm a football fan, grew up on the island and moved around the country thru the years a lot. h

have a home down south and one up north.

and spelling? plleeaassseee petty sh*t, is that the best you can come up with.

i'm right more than wrong and more than most on this board, but you forgot to mention that! deliberately i'm sure. keep reading, it'll take you quite some time to find little i was wrong about.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Plus wide receiver and tight end.

6. maynardsmyhero-uk

We have had a no 6 pick, no 5 pick , 29 and 29 picks last 4 years

Can we honesty say we have used those well?

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

He wasn't meant to be a #2 corner. He was always supposed to be a nickelback.

It was pick made because Manning beat us in the playoffs.

...then the Steelers ran all over us in the playoffs the next year, so we drafted a few defensive linemen.

They're drafting to beat certain teams and not everyone. It's idiotic.

8. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

So what are you saying?

The Jets can't compete until great players on other teams retire?

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Living well is the best revenge.

10. maynardsmyhero-uk

if they did draft him to play nickel then thats even more of a waste

I agree they seem obsessed with one or two teams instead of building a roster with true depth

Our wrs are holmes, burress , kerley , turner and anyone in NJ

Our oline depth is schlauderruff and ducasse.....

Our lb depth is mauga, bellore and maybin

That is enough to scare any jets fan

11. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

It's really sad you have to brag you're right more often on a messageboard.

I've gone thru dozens of your posts and you're one of the most negative posters in the history of TGG.

You have been banned in the past for some of the same shit that is going on now.

I'm not threating you, offering advice, but if you want to continue to be a member of this community watch your step.

I recommend that this hijacking stop, and stay on topic of this thread, there is no room for personal shit.

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Like I said in my last post, Tannenbaum has drafted this way because we've lost to certain teams.

Wilkerson and Ellis for the Pittsburgh loss

Kyle Wilson for the Indianapolis loss

I think all three of them have the ability to be good players for quite some time, but it's wrong to make draft decisions based off of a single game.

The Mike Nugent pick comes to mind.

13. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

i seriously doubt i was the soul poster disatisfied with back dooring the playoffs, but i'm sure i could easily go back and find something even better from your posts. genius you are not.

a mod and you think that makes you bright? shows what kind of life you have to be spending so much time as a mod on a football forum.

i'll bet you're in the low rent district like the rest of your friends here, LOL.

14. maynardsmyhero-uk

It is really scary when you look at the roster and the $$$ tied up next year...we have little wiggle room unless they restructure Sanchez but are they really going to give him another 5 yrs and $$$?

This next draft is crucial we have to get the olb and ot position at a minimum absolutely nailed

15. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Coming from the guy who is puffing out his chest bragging about how often he is right on that very same football forum, huh?

Also, if you are going to call someone's intelligence into question, you probably shouldn't use terms like "the soul poster".. are you some kind of R&B singer or something?

16. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Are you kidding me?

You seriously think the Jets made certain draft picks based on 1 or 2 other teams?

17. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

you're the one making it personal. another mod that makes threats because a poster doesn't agree with the majority.

if i always ageed with the majority, i'd be piss poor and a mod on this board because i didn't have better things to do with my free time.

you want to ban me, i've shown in the past, i don't dance to the tune you or others tell me.

18. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

They pretty much admitted it after the Wilson pick.. that whole offseason was designed to battle teams like the Colts, Saints, Pats, even the Chargers..

Rex said he needed more athletic corners, "basketball player" types is how he referred to them if they're going to take that next step and beat those teams.

19. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

You're so heroic! A martyr!

Derr.. We're all just poor folk posting on a Jets board on the fancy computer machine, while you are living the good life with all your fancy things like indoor plumbing.. Gosh darn I wish I could be as cool and fancy as you!

20. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

it's not surprising there will be some that will jump on a single response, and not the overall. you couldn't hang under the same circumstances. like i said, i've been right far more than most. as expected, petty and you're swinging off of others jock.