This team has taken a step back...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Chemistry instead of musical chairs at WR. The Jets run a ton of timing routes..and that needs chemistry.

also some of the throws are pure garbage.

#61 Nilton, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Wait, wut?..."he wasn't entirely sure where LT was going to be"...?

Really? Hey Sanchez...here's a hint. He's 12 yards down the field right in front of your face...right there... the same spot you've been staring at the last few seconds.

You're right. I just don't get it.

3. TheGreenCantona

He is not wrong, which is doing My head in. I would love for sanchez hoptogs everyone wrong.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

[​IMG]

5. 40yrpatsfan

40yrpatsfan Member

Pats fan here - but not of the evil variety. Jets have regressed - at least I know as an opposing fan I don't fear them like I did last year.

With their pass offense, Edwards and Cotchery >> than Plaxico and the new slot guy. Also, Sanchez hasn't developed his downfield game which last year seemed to be more of a threat than now. It's all short stuff, which is usually at least low risk but this week resulted in 2 killer INT's.

On pass D, at least when facing NE, the Pats have the coaching leg up on Rex right now, which wasn't the case at the end of last year. The combo of Gronkowski, Hernandez and Welker is messing with the Jets matchups. Not sure why Cromartie wasn't on Gronk the whole game, he's the only one tall enough to battle him and I don't remember seeing that matchup.

In the past Sanchez has always rebounded from bad outings so I'd expect to see that. But they need to develop a deep passing game to keep teams honest.

6. laxin

laxin Active Member

I ask my self every game why I haven't seen a ball thrown over 30 yards all year... then I realize who's calling the plays

And Cro doesnt match up on Gronk bc hes a bitch at tackling and has a hard time bringing down/out physically playing a 200 lb receiver

The only match up that I liked on Gronk was Revis, simply because he is Revis. I would have liked to see more of that matchup in the redzone while letting wilson cover Welker underneath with safety coverage over the top because letting a 5'8 safety cover a man who is practically a foot taller than him in the endzone just is assinine

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Strickland was on Gronk at times, and had good coverage.

But its hard to stop a perfectly thrown ball that only the receiver can catch

8. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I always thought letting Edwards go was a mistake. Him and Sanchez were building nice chemistry together. I also thought he played off of Holmes well and really was our best deep threat as Holmes is more of a catch and run guy.

At this point in the season im pleased with what Burress is giving us but I still would have preferred Edwards at the time

9. laxin

laxin Active Member

Yeah, his Stricklands coverage was pretty good from what I remember, it just kills me seeing one of our trash safeties try and cover him, especially in the RedZone when it really matters.

Why Rex does this in the RedZone is something I dont understand... How can he not realize after all this time that our safeties cant cover, let alone two top five pass catching TE's

10. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

all this jibberish coming from a guy that claimed chad penington was and elite franchize QB. umm, ya, ok you know it all.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Then do better.

Seriously. Write out your thoughts and do better.

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Chad Pennington was taking this team places until the injuries.

It's funny to see the clowns come out of the woodwork and bring up perfectly reasonable statements made half a decade ago. DIAF.

13. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

but you were so sure that only you were right and everyone else on this board that disagreed with you were idiots, and even took it to the point of name calling in an attempt to make your points.

pennington a elite franchise QB, NOT! remember your briliant prediction of the gholston pick? LOL

fact is, you were completely wrong and i was right, so eat that for starters.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

No, I don't (I probably said it was going to happen because Eric Mangini wanted him). ...but I can see that you remember. It's incredibly sad that you're still dwelling over it.

[​IMG]

15. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

actually, i've been there done that, had many disagreements with you along the way also. although you know more than your buddy mr. know it all electric.

i stated before the season the team would take a step back because of the wide recievers not being kept in tact. should have resigned edwards, sanchez and edwards had chemistry. cotchery should have been kept also.

also have never been a fan of sanchez, although shows potential to be a good game manager, he'll never be a franchise QB or ever come close to being elite.

i have put it out there, read my past posts if you wish, i have been jumped on and criticized for not being a homer, all the while being more right than most. not that you'll admit it! but it's all there to be read.

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

No, no, no, no ...there's two O's in Goose, boys.

17. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

it just sticks in my mind because of all your name calling, like the insults immediately made you right and all others wrong.

in the end, as i knew it would, you ended up being more wrong than anyone else and i wouldn't expect you to be man enough to admit to it. not with your posting history!

18. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

Unfortuantely, I have to agree with you on why they are not airing it out(AT ALL), but I am wondering if its not so much bad play calling, but bad showings from Sanchez in practice??? People can say the Oline sucks all they want, but Sanchez has had time in plenty of games to toss a bomb but he has not done it.

19. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

your true character is showing and it wasn't hard to bring out. after insults and name calling, your football knowledge is non existent.

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Mr E may be abrasive....but his knowledge of the game dwarfs whatever drivel you've spewed on this board in the past.