Where in the world will Peyton Manning go?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Poeman, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Colts almost have this locked up and Andrew Luck is going to be starting week 1...NO WAY THE COLTS PAY $28 Million in bonus in march for next year to Peyton if Colts end up with #1 pick.

This is not a Aaron Rodgers situation (26th pick)...Luck is going to start. I also think the Colts would benefit in just letting Peyton decide for himself where he wants to go so they probably wont be able to trade him with his injury situation.

As a free agent then next year...Peyton will want to be back, he will give it a try.

Where does he end up next season?

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Do you know who Carson Palmer is? He was a #1 overall pick that sat behind Jon fucking Kitna for a season.

You never know who the Colts will do in this situation, especially with a rookie cap in place.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Hold up, were the Bengals planning on paying Jon Kitna $20 Million and then Palmer another $30-60 million?

They will have to pay both these guys ridiculous money, with the issues all over that team. This just does not make sense.

4. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

rookie salary cap indicates they won't have to pay crazy money for Luck.
    i don't know what the cap states, so it may be slightly crazy, but it not outside the realm of possibility.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Cam Newton's contract looks like this: 5 years 22 million

The rookie cap changes everything.

If the Colts think they can make one last run with Manning, they may try to keep him. The weapons are in place. The young offensive line will be one year older and he'll still have Wayne, Clark, and Garcon.

6. IATA

IATA Trolls

in before this thread gets started in the main forum.

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I could possibly see them drafting luck to learn behind Manning, it would be a solid move for the future. The whole starting cast of Manning, Saturday, Wayne, Clark, Freeney, Mathis, are getting close to past their sell by date.

8. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

The Chargers did it with Rivers and Brees for a while, why wouldn't the Colts do it for a year or two until Peyton retires?

9. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

They should trade Peyton for a few firsts and build around Luck if that's the case.

10. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Manning has always been favre-like in that he takes all the practice snaps. This is why Painter looks like a guy who doesn't know the offense.

Manning will agree to a trade because he knows this Colts team is not winning anything in the next couple of years.

Colts will draft Luck and deal Manning to a contender for a bunch of picks.

I bet Manning would go to only teams with a legitimate chance to win. The Jets and Cowboys are close and the types of teams that would make a huge splash like this.

11. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

You called it.

12. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Not sure Indy will move him, but if they did, logical destinations are:
    Washington
    Denver
    Jacksonville (they won't move him in division probably)
    Seattle

Fits on the football side who either are paying a qb big money or just drafted one.
    Minnesota
    Tennessee
    NYJ
    KC

special mention for SF, they are 8-1 but Smith is a free agent I believe after the year.

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Its not only that, but Andrew Luck wants to and NEEDS to start next year. Hes a redshirt Junior which means even if he gets picked by the Colts he can threaten to return to college, thus the Colts will lose his rights and will be forced to trade him.

Its in the best interest of the Colts to trade or cut Manning, and I think that is whats going to happen.

Have Manning for the next 3 years and losing Luck is not worth it. Luck will give the Colts a much better chance at winning the Super Bowl over the next 15 years than Peyton will for the next 3 years.

14. IATA

IATA Trolls

Smiths' resurgance(if you can call it that) is due to coaching. I don't think they'd bat an eye at losing him, though I'm sure it's not ideal.

15. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

It all depends on how well Manning's injury has actually healed.

If he's healthy, the Colts can probably get 5 more good years out of Manning in the new NFL where tight coverage and hitting the QB are institutionally discouraged.

So if they're confident that he's healthy, I bet the Colts trade out of the #1 spot. If not, they'll probably convince Mike Shanahan to trade 8 first round picks and his firstborn child for him.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

With importance of concussions, a sack could end Manning for good out there. He has to be very cautious as that nerve is not regenerating.

17. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Not true btw. If he declares and doesn't withdraw before the deadline his eligibility is forfeit and he can not return to college. Once you get to draft night every kid on the draft eligible list has forfeited his amateur status and may not play NCAA football again.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Alright hmm, can he refuse to play completely like Elway and Manning did?

I just cant see him sitting on the bench behind Manning, besides the Colts could get ALOT for Manning if they trade him. It would work out well for them unless Lucks a bust.

19. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Why? They can just point to Rodgers as an example of how it can work out. You act like he would never consider sitting a couple seasons learning from a guy that is probably the greatest passer of all time.

20. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member