The Mark Sanchez Flaws Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

In this game not really... We were forced to max protect. That means less passing options for Sanchez. Schotty only has partial fault for that.

2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

With a couple of small changes. But it is the same question being asked in this thread. The answer is the same. He is not an NFL QB. Not even close. He is very lucky to still be in the NFL. The sad thing is he appears to be a good guy with a good work ethic. Just a horrible QB.

3. nixon7

nixon7 New Member

There is no deception in the Jets offense.

In this last game, there were:
    1) no screen passes attempted
    2) rarely ran play-action (something Sanchez is actually good at)
    3) rarely used two-back sets (best plays against Buffalo were handoffs to Conner when Buffalo was keying on the other back)

4. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

So i didn't feel like starting a new thread with this, as its just gonna go where i don't want it to. However, seeing how its a complaint, per se, against sanchez, this may be the best place for it.

So watching last night's game i kept seeing this stupid mistake he made earlier on in year one, that i've not seen up until last night. this stupid half cocked throw shit. Anyone else see this last night?

its not a double pump or anything. as he actually resets, puts the weight back on the back foot, and then steps through the throw when he double pumps.

last night its like he was so unsure of the protection coupled with the inability to read the disguises in bill's D that he would second guess his throw, stop mid motion, and recock. all while still in the throwing motion, in his lower body, from before he stopped upper body. like he never reset his weight, and just kinda lofted these shitty ass softballs up there a few times. nothing good came from any of them.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

This is the worst OL he's had since he's been here. You don't do that to QB who's in his 3rd season. It should get better.

You don't give him a new weapon every year. I hate how the WRs have been handled by this CS/FO. Braylon in week 4 of 09, Holmes in week 5 of 10, Mason,Plax and Kerley this season. It makes zero fucking sense. This is a young QB, not an 8th year starter who can handle those kinds of changes.

He's still playing well statistically, outperforming his contemporaries in the league. However, he's not being place into a position to succeed, with his strengths being maximized in the scheme. That's something I don't see the offense ever doing - taking what everyone does the best and using that the most. That's how most winning teams keep winning.

After the 3 game winning streak we were all ready to say Sanchez is on his way to amazing season and we're going right back to the AFCCG. But after a loss everything changes once again.

The truth lies in between. The truth holds that Sanchez will never be a fantasy QB with great numbers, but will do what he has to do to make the team win, especially in the 4th quarter. We've seen enough late game heroics to understand this kid has that ability, which is what you pray the QB is born with. He has that, that's why he stays. If anyone expected him to jump to a magical QB in year three, you were fooling yourself. He is an old school QB who improves gradually.

There is a difference between Sanchez not meeting an individual fan's expectations, and the real expectations of what a young QB will do in his 3rd year. And we all still get way too hung up on completion %. I fucking hate that stat and what it does to people.

When Sanchez is handing games over on a continuous basis, I'll begin to worry. That's what Henne does. Sanchez hasn't been the reason for one loss all season, not even the Ravens game - that was the OL and their nonexistence. Its been the defenses lack of speed or failure to stop running/passing attacks, or the ST dropping kicks to hand the momentum and/or game to the opponent. Sanchez can't save every game from the other phases of the ball. Not many QB's can, save for Montana, Brady, Manning and Unitas.

The last game Sanchez handed to an opponent was last years Miami game, and the week before that against the Pats was him and then everyone else combined.

This year, it seems the defense and ST fuck something up immensely to hand the game to an opponent.

6. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

Third thread

"Stop bitching about sanchez, the OL basically did not protect him at all in the first half, shonn greene and tomlinson cant catch a ball, causing the first interception.

Honestly, his only (terrible) mistake was the INT in the end, but damn, the pats were already 14 pts ahead, this loss goes for the D and the OL in first half.

And so what if sanchez called the timeout? Aint this supposed to be the best defense rex? it should've stopped brady, no excuses"

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

This thread has been around for weeks and has good football discussion.

Its not like the other tard threads

8. TheGreenCantona

Stafford is his contemporary and he is outplaying him (so is Newton and Dalton but different yr)

9. 624

624 Banned

Stafford was picked above Sanchez, is always injured, and has never done shit in the playoffs.

Oh, and he threw 4 picks on Sunday with the best WR in the league on his team.

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

hoptogs

11. TheGreenCantona

Could we get more anecdotal.

Stafforsd is always injured, i give you that, but it is not an argument for him being poor. He was picked 1st and sanchez 5th.
    He has 20 touchdowns and 8 INTs ; sanchez is on 14-9.
    But what is the the most dominating fact is that Stafford is actually playing with the game on his shoulders whereas Sanchez is fiddling around trying to game manage, he has 9 to 1 against Sanchez on 40+.
    I cannot even imagine what Sanchez INT total would be if he actually threw it down the field more.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I couldn't imagine Sanchez's TD total if he had Megatron to throw to.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

So out of all of that you got one guy?

Way to go.

And it took that contemporary 3 seasons to get healthy.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If people understood Mark Sanchez as a prospect, and not focus solely on his fucking draft number, maybe they'd stop using that as a argument.

This board is declining into complete shit.

15. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

When does a player go from being a "prospect" to a legitimate NFL QB, especially a high 1st round draft pick?

Sanchez already has 47 NFL starts under his belt.

16. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Who cares about artificial deadlines and expectations? The time to move on from Sanchez is when we can't win with him, which isn't now.

17. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

yet even WITH 4 pick on Sunday, he only has 8 on the season with 20 TDs. Can you please give me Sanchez numbers after 9 games?

18. BleedgreenIII

BleedgreenIII Member

Sanchez has his flaws but so do all QB’s...the only QB that IMO is almost perfect is Brady,P.Manning for all his stats has won ONE SB & that was mostly due to a Bob Sanders recovery that fuelled a run stuffing D that was hitherto mediocre...

Back to Sanchez, I think I have seen enough of him to say we can win with him & that is to say four or three games in the postseason. Brady is the only QB I have seen take a team all the way it rarely happens & even then those NE teams were so well coached & seemed to get the bounce of the ball 99% of the time.

There are so many things that have to fall in place to win a championship & great QB play is only a part of it. The way a QB like big Ben is playing this season is way better than he played during his first SB season but he still gets the credit for that SB.Look at T.Bradshaws career starts & they look like Sanchez’s today yet he is in the HOF.

Sanchez’s main flaw is that he is a slow starter...he always seems to play conservatively in the first half & I doubt that has anything to do with the O.C. I have always believed that it’s because of his youth & by that I mean he is a ‘young’ 24 even that flinch two weeks ago just said it all he looked like an 18 year old. Chad Pennington was 24 when he started, there is enough evidence that suggests he is still growing and I’m inclined to give him that time.

With QB’s there is no formula and one seasons play doesn’t mean you have a player figured out...look at Drew Brees,Rich Gannon,D.Flutie,S.Young or even Jason Campbell. There are exceptions though like Rex Grossman who you know even if he played in Mars in the year 2015 he would still throw 3 picks & Sanchez is not one of those players.

19. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Good post. I really hate how they've changed the players around Sanchez every year.. look at the other top QB's around the league, look at their receivers. They're the same, year in and year out.

Peyton has had Clark, Wayne, Garcon, and Collie for years now. Before that Harrison was there forever.

Brady has Welker, Branch for a while then he came back and slid right back into his role, Kevin Faulk, and now he's going to have those 2 TE's for a long time. Look what happened with his new receiver this year, Ochocinco, he came in and absolutely can not get on the same page with the HOF QB. But Sanchez is expected to make it happen.

Brees has Colston, Moore, Henderson, Meachem and they replaced Bush with Sproles.. and when they bring in a guy like Sproles, they actually have a coach who knows what to do with these guys and work them into the offense, design plays for them built to their strengths, and we're seeing the results now..

20. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Sanchez has a hairy ass.