Peyton the answer?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DemoIsland, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Can't do those guys, they're too young -- and healthy. The Jets need a 36-year-old QB coming off neck surgery to take them to the Promised Land!

2. DeutschlandFan

DeutschlandFan New Member

I know that it is hard for some people to comprehend, but if the Colts draft Luck then Peyton WILL be playing someplace else next year. Sure, he will be expensive, but rest assured, he will wind up someplace else. Why not on a team that is built to win now and is a QB away from doing so?

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Or

Maybe we know Sanchez isn't good but we don't go full on retard, like you in this thread. I mean why let a shitty thread with a fucking stupid premise get in the way of proving how fucking retarded some Jets fans are.

He is a mod and can't say it, so I did.

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

How was your crash landing back to reality?

5. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Why would Manning even consider coming here? Dude is 36 with a fused vertebre in his neck. Our OLine can't instill a lot of confidence in his long term health prospects. He's made a ton of $, won a Super Bowl, and is not being forced out like Favre or McNabb. He'll retire before he comes here.

From our point of view, we can't afford him and would have to change our personnel to accomodate him. That means getting rid of Greene for a more mobile, pass catching RB, and bringing in an OLine that is geared more towards pass protection. Since he is 36, we will have to draft another "franchise QB" in 1-2 years with a low first rounder, unless your grand plan involves trading for Brady once Manning retires, and then Brees once Brady retires, and then Rivers, and then Rodgers . . . .

Is this thread purely for entertainment purposes?

6. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

What part of 36-years-old and coming off neck surgery don't you comprehend?

7. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Of course we should not move on Peyton. We should sit on Sanchez, not win a super bowl, but get an erection from making the AFCG, see our studs walk after they realize the team can't win, and then rebuild, putting us back another 20 years. You are totally right!! We are the retards! GENIUS!

8. IATA

IATA Trolls

you are pathetic. you honestly added zero to the discussion, other than 'LOL YOU ALL THINK SANCHEZ IS GREAT AND HES NOT"

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

So, Peyton Manning and his piece of licorice for a neck is going to win us a super bowl eh?

I love it when these Madden gamers come on here and try to come across as intelligent.

10. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Pretty bumpy. The injury bug has bit really hard the last couple of weeks, especially losing Wood. The only cheerful thing this weekend was watching the Pats kick the Jests' butts on national TV -- and then this thread raising hopes that the brainiacs running your franchise might actually listen to crap like in the OP and think it has merit. :smile:

11. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Do you think we could get Andre Johnson and Adrian Peterson too?

12. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Great thought MOD. Yet you reply back to a "retarded" thread with a retarded response. Guess we are both retards.

13. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Manning will retire before he plays somewhere else, spinal fusion is not the same as a high ankle sprain.

14. jetsfan2

jetsfan2 Banned

If we can get Peyton for a year that would be great, but we would still need to draft a qb in the 1st or 2nd round, Put it this way If Peyton had the Jets offensive line, and defense in his prime he would never lose a game. A 1 armed 1 legged Peyton is better then a 100% healthy Sanchez any day.

15. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Nope, you will. You should play QB for us!

16. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

You like watching the Pats win, and yet you come here? Must be nice having a fallback favorite team. I bet you can't wait to unwrap those new Uggs on Christmas morning.

17. IATA

IATA Trolls

sounds like a personnal attack. i'd give him a vacation, MB.

18. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Not "we", more specifically, you.

19. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

You're assuming that as a given, when it is most definitely not. There are so many unknowns involved here.

Will Manning even be healthy enough to play? I've read reports that if his injury includes nerve damage, it could be three years before he gets all of the strength back in his throwing shoulder. The man might be done already. We don't even know for sure.

Assuming they get the first overall pick, will the Colts even use it or will they trade it to put some better pieces around Manning for the last few years of his career? The Cowboys traded Hershel Walker and got the main components of what ended up being the most dominant team of the 90s.

Would Manning be agreeable to grooming luck for a season or two? The only reports on that have been conflicting. At least publicly, Manning is saying all the right things.

If (and that's a big "if") this opportunity ever presented itself, and if there was some assurance Manning was healthy, the Jets wouldn't be the only team taking a run at him. Teams would package together players and picks and basically compete to mortgage their futures for the "win now" mentality.

Anything is possible... Joe Montana didn't finish his career in SF. Wayne Gretzky was traded. The list goes on and on, but that doesn't have anything to do with this current situation. You could go through history and present 10 examples of stars who finished their careers with one team for every one example of a guy who was thought to be un-trade-able and ended up playing somewhere else.

20. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Aw ban me. haha. Please don't, I am sorry guys! I am sorry for this retarded concept and idea proposed which you all seem to have a comment on. Sorry!