Peyton the answer?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DemoIsland, Nov 15, 2011.

1. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

haha dude. NO DEFENSE IN THE NFL is scared of DEVIN HESTER on the OFFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL. No defense is saying "we have to double Devin because hes a great receiver". You right though, defenses slide coverage to his side to make sure he doesn't make that spectacular catch. You right, I am stupid.

Special teams? Shit id never kick to him.

2. DeutschlandFan

DeutschlandFan New Member

So the fact that Devin Hester never scores offensive touchdowns and cannot even average 500 yards receiving per season PROVES that he is one of the biggest offensive threats in the league?? :rofl:

Now I can understand how you can look at Mark Sanchez' consistently poor play and see a championship caliber QB. Still makes absolutely no sense, but at least I can see that there is some modicum of reasoning there.

3. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Many of the people who think the idea is stupid should really think about it again. Many of you think its absurd, one of the greatest QB's of all time coming to the JETS? Of course it sounds stupid.

IF Peyton proves he can play, he has every reason to leave. And the biggest of all is to win again. He cannot win in Indy. And the JETS have every reason on this earth to pay the price for him. To win a Super Bowl, maybe 2, NOW.

If Peyton plays this season, it will be to showcase to the league he still has it. We will never win with Sanchez.

4. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

This is the type of post that should be on bleacher report

5. DeutschlandFan

If Flacco was in NY and playing for the Jets why would we care about the Ravens wiping their WR corps??
    :smile::smile:

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

He also has a Head Coach who is totally committed to winning through defense and running the ball. A HC who is deathly afraid of a young QB lossing games for him so he has handcuffed him completely.

The only time Sanchez has been really turned loose is in games the Jets were trailing with time running out. He is asked to make plays when trailing in a freelance mood against prevent defesnes. He is asked to not screw it up when the Jets are tied or in the lead. You can't develop a QB to stand in and throw the ball all over the place if you don't believe in it.

Sanchez is not a confident QB running the O unless he is turned loose when things are out of control because the staff has no confidence in that style of play.

I don't know if he was a mistake or not but its time for the Jets coaching staff to go all in on Sanchez and see if he can become an elite QB. He isn't progressing and the staff isn't helping him.

7. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Man, nothing like a few losses to bring some characters out of the woodwork on this board.

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Great post keep bringing something to the table.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

is this a serious thread?

what the fuck.

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

11. DeutschlandFan

That's the problem. I think we saw this early in the season though when Rex said he wanted to open up the offense. It was a disaster. I know that the conditions at the time weren't perfect, but my point is that conditions are never perfect in the NFL and good QBs need to be able to improvise and adjust to less than ideal circumstances. But what's worse is that even when the coaching staff has him handcuffed and on a short leash he still struggles a lot.
    It should be easy to see why the coaching staff doesn't have confidence in him since he hasn't proved that he can earn their trust. At this point I believe it should be a question of just how much more time the coaching staff and front office are willing to risk while waiting for a QB to finally start showing them something when he has fallen on his face more often than not when given the chance.

12. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

I wish Peyton can play for us, but it's not gonna happen.

13. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Please, yes, do this, Jets' FO!!! Yes, yes, yes!!!! Make sure you give up 1 -- or better yet, 2 first rounders!!!

-- signed,

Bills, Dolphins, and Pats fans :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

14. DeutschlandFan

No, not at all. Our QB is great. He's a superstar. Damn the stats, only a hater would see otherwise.

15. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

also have to cut about half the team to fit that enormous contact under the cap.

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Why stop at Peyton? Let's see what the going rate for Aaron Rodgers is? Maybe Brees can be had on the cheap.

17. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

because peyton is more 'realistic'

18. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

We can run the wishbone with all 3 of them!

19. IATA

IATA Trolls

do you think the ravens would take our 2020 first round pick for ngata?

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

At least Sanchez's neck isn't being held together by a few wet cotton balls.

This thread is retarded.