Rex basically outright saying no divison for us this year...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Nov 14, 2011.

1. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing, BUT he has Schotty to contend with.

Woody get your head out of your rich ass and fire Brian now!

WTF, year in year out of watching a talented offense underachieve.

2. Jimmyballpeen

Jimmyballpeen New Member

Rex spoke the truth, This team has no business talking playoffs after shiting the bed. It was a embarassing night to be a Jet fan

3. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I'd normally be encouraged by Rex's words, but he lied to me all week saying the team would be ready to play.

4. promos

promos Member

He was saying how whenever he predicts superbowls the team lets us down and the last time he predicted we were out of it we made the playoffs, so he said ya I am going to say we are out of it. Here is the quote:
    "What am I going to say?" Rex asked. "Maybe I should guarantee the fact that we're out of it. Last time I did that [in 2009], we made the playoffs. So yeah, we've got no chance."

#44 promos, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I like Rex alot but there is an old saying---"you do your talking on field "

So if they want to keep making predictions and asking "some body else to beat NE " might I suggest they take care of their own business first ?

I understand it is Rex being Rex and taking heat off the players at times but I would rather they ALL shut up and play and let the record speak for itself.

I sat in Patriot country last nite--Pats fans all around us-not bad if we had been winning or won but pretty bad when we get our asses handed to us-IT SUCKED!

6. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Another reason last nights game was so important for both teams. Both the Jets and Patriots have a downhill schedule from here. Neither should lose too many more games. 1 or 2 at most, so the team with the division lead has the best chance of getting to the playoffs because unfortunately there are a lot of teams in the AFC with better or comparable records. A wildcard might not come from the AFC east this year.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I dont understand why people are saying we wont make the playoffs. We are in great position to get in. Our schedule is relatively easy, and we should be able to go 7-0 or 6-1down this stretch.

The Bengals are about to fold completely, bank on that. They have to play the Steelers again, Ravens twice, and Texans. Who do we have again? The Giants? The Eagles(Who the fucks scared of them?!?) The Matt Casseless Chiefs(we should beat them reguardles)?

If we cant beat this crap teams we dont deserve to be in the playoffs.

#47 soxxx, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  8. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

As easy as our schedule looks I would not count any team out right now. If the Jets continue to play like we did last night then none of the teams ahead are a sure win. We need to complete smash the Broncos and get on with our season. Also, I know that the NE schedule is even easier than ours, but hey you never know. They could fuck up too.

9. mute

mute Well-Known Member

yeah, just like I said in another thread, nothing it seems this year is gimme. Heck, the Ravens just suck against teams you think they'll crush. The Pats could lose to KC even without their QB and they could lose to the Eagles and Bills.

Anit nothing set in stone right now.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I still believe that the Patriots Defense could choke against the Eagles and Bills. Hopefully Vick is back but im not counting on it.

When we were 2-3 I said id be happy with the wildcard, I know are expectations got much higher after the last 3 weeks, but ill be happy with the wildcard.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We can only hope you're right Blue. I'm sick and f'n tired of the "SuperBowl" predictions just like I got tired of Pat Ewing's predictions. Memo to Rexy: STFU and get your team ready to play in big situations BEFORE putting your mouth in gear. I'm sick of the all the chokes this team has when the spotlight is on.

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

This team isn't likely to make the playoffs this year without a very big miracle happening first. This season is very slowly, slipping away. Anything can happen, but looking at it without the green glasses, you cannot see a lot of rationalization for us making the cut.

13. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Who is it you think will beat us out? Cincinnati? Buffalo? Tennessee? Can't see it.

14. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

What makes you think we're not going to shit the bed at least a few more times before the end of the season? The way this team has been playing it's more likely they finish 9-7 than 12-4 or 11-5 as you seem to suggest.

15. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

Listen to the whole thing moron. He was being sarcastic. Can you please amp down the drama a little bit?!?!?! hmmmm...

16. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

The AFC is all over the place this season.

The Steelers have been pretty consistent and don't have many tough games left... they have to play San Fran on a Monday night, but other than that it's a cake walk for them. I think you have to pencil them in as the #1 seed right now.

Same deal for the Patriots, schedule wise. Not a lot of tough ones left. They should by all accounts finish at 13-3 or 12-4. That may or may not get them the second seed, because...

Houston is now a little bit of an unknown. If Schaub is done for the season, what happens with the Texans? Will Matt Leinart be Jeff Hostetler, or will he be, well, Matt Leinart? They have only a couple of tough games left (against Atlanta and Cincy), but should hold on to their division lead. I do think the Pats will overtake them for the #2 seed in the meantime though.

The West is a mess, as usual. The Raiders have a one-game lead on three teams. I don't know who wins that division but it could literally be any one of those teams. One thing is certain - the West isn't producing a wildcard team.

So where does that leave things?

At 6-3 you have Baltimore and Cincy.

At 5-4 you have the Jets, Bills, and Titans.

My money's on the Ravens and Jets getting in as WC teams. Ravens open at Oakland or whoever wins the West, Jets open at Houston, Pats and Steelers get the first round byes.

17. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Jets @ Houston, Jets @ Steelers, Jets @ Ravens, Jets v Niners, Jets.

I'd take that run.

18. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Based on what I have seen so far, I don't think this team is strong enough to win 3 on the road in the post season this time.

19. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Man some of you are ridiculous. After a win we are the best team in football and after a loss we are terrible and the worst team in football. We lost 1 game, man up and get over it. I would rather lose this game and be around in the playoffs than win this game and get some false sense of confidence that we are better than we are. This team is a work in process and by the end of the season they will be fine. Making so many stupid mistakes against New England will not be repeated especially if we play them again in January. That game was 2-3 plays away from being a big Jets win.

Never judge a team when they play at their very best and never judge a team when they play at their very worst. Usually the real team is somewhere in between. There are still 7 games left and a lot can happen. We are just as likely to play like we did against the Bills than to play like we did against New England.