We have won 3 of 4

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Milliner is your Mommy, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Bro I say this with the utmost respect...Shut Up.

Was it Mark's fault the line was leaking like a seive and allowed some fucking scrub to record multiple sacks? NO

Was it marks fault Brady had all day to throw? No

Was it Marks Fault Shonn Greene has stone hands and the ball bounced into a defenders hands? NO

Was it Mark's fault Schotty once again can't playcall inside the 20? NO

Was it Mark's fault Schotty once again abandoned the run when we were averaging over 5 ypc? NO

Did Mark Muff the punt that lead to 3 points? NO

Did Mark miss a fucking 25 yard field goal? NO

Did Mark allow the Patriots to steal all of the momentum going into the half by allowing a long drive with under 1:30 to go? NO

Did Mark Drop two easy INTs? NO

Was it Mark's Fault nobody could cover Gronkowski? NO

Was it Marks Fault nobody could get open against the shittiest secondary in the league? NO

The whole team fucking sucked, Sanchez was not the issue.

#21 Dirty6Sanchez, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  2. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Yesterday for whatever reason was a long list of individuals just not executing. We must have had 5 missed sacks on Brady the muffed punt, the missed fg. Everything we have done the last 3 games we failed to do this week and it sucks but you know we can do better. Yesterday was not the Jets we will see going forward.

3. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

yep. it's a great point. i clearly remember how this board goes into chicken little mode after every loss. the examples you cited were perfect examples and the ones that came to mind.

fact is: basically every team in the league is gonna play shitty games.

The ravens have lost to seattle, jacksonville and tennessee...and almost lost to Arizona. Can you imagine this board if it was a ravens forum? Replace every Sanchez sucks reference with Flacco sucks.f

Pittsburgh got swept by the Ravens.

Yes, we played absolutely terrible yesterday. It was a collaborative choke job, but this team has played bad games every year, more than once a year. it happens in the NFL.

we should make the playoffs and once again we'll see how far we can go.

4. jets fool

jets fool New Member

I honestly don't understand everybody freaking out on here. Would have been a nice win but I'm not ready to throw the season out just yet. Bottom line is you play to win the super bowl. To do that you have to make the playoffs. Which we are in position to do. Fuck a home game, fuck a conference championship, I'm going to be cheering for this team to do what we have the last two years. It wasn't pretty the last two years and it isn't so far but honestly who gives a shit? Beat denver

5. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of the people ready to put a 9mm round in my head hah. I was merely pointing out it was not Sanchez's fault for the loss. I think we will see a different Jets team on Thursday and moving forward.

6. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Not only did they get swept by the Ravens, but look HOW they lost ...
    The first game they got the balls beat off them 35-7, and the second game they got their hearts ripped out with 8 seconds left. And after that, they're still going to win 12 games and win the division.

The Jets may not match up with the Pats, but there's no way in hell we're not winning more games than the Bengals, Bills and Titans.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I just can't believe the lack of comprehension of the situation the Jets are in right now.

We're going to Denver, a place that we barely squeaked out of with a win last year on the way to 11-5, while they were going 4-12. And if they win they're ahead of us in the playoff race.

They don't try to pass the ball much so our vaunted pass defense isn't going to be worth much and they have a mobile QB who is a lot quicker than our linebackers and probably stronger than a couple of them also.

And we're doing this on 4 days rest with the team already reeling because everybody fucked up in a three phase team loss when we couldn't really afford to lose the game.

I'm thinking it's 50/50 or better that we're 5-5 at midnight on Thursday and the pools of blood in the water are so big that even the small sharks come in close for a nip.

8. Milliner is your Mommy

Oh no I was basically agreeing with you I just didn't really make it clear enough. The blame is spread pretty much all around sanchez and I dont have enough fingers to point them all out.

9. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I won't relax until the VLT is in Rex's hands.

But with all of these empty promises, and all of the problems he refuses to address, I don't see that happening anytime soon, or ever again.

10. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

People really think the Patriots are that good of a team that they can't be caught with 7 games left? They've lost 3 games already. Just last week most of us thought they were in decline. Irrational overraction to a bad loss

11. GeshJet

GeshJet Active Member

A logical post amid a whole lot of nonsense in today's various threads. At this point, the focus is to get into the playoffs. The folks who seem not to care about that, I suspect, are youngsters who don't remember the old days. Make the playoffs, enjoy the race and see what damage can be done once we get there (like the last 2 seasons). As for the wildcard race, look at the above post. We still are in good shape, having beaten the Bills and SD, and controlling our destiny with future games against Denver & KC. The Bengals will lose twice to Baltimore and once more to Pitt. If we beat Denver & the Bills the next 2 weeks, we'll be OK.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I'm glad you are just interested in making it to the AFCCG, because that is all we have done the last two seasons which you are so happy with.

and it has nothing to do with style points or looking pretty, so your attempt to confuse the issue is asinine. it has to do with the fact that regular season success is an indicator of post season success, and the majority of Super Bowl winners have been division winners or have had the best record in the conference, two things the Jets clearly have been unable to accomplish under this regime. on the flip side, the history of the NFL is littered with teams who simply make the playoffs year in and year out but never ascend to Super Bowl champions because they are never the best team, despite decent regular season success and a playoff win or two here and there.

the teams that get hot and win the Super Bowl despite less than dominating regular seasons are few and far between. they are the exception to the rule, and only a fool would be content hoping to be that rare exception.

to win the Super Bowl you need to be a dominating team. being a dominating team results in having very good to great regular seasons, which starts with, at the least, winning the division. it is not that they have to win the division, it is that the fact that they are unable to indicates the very deficiencies that will prevent them from being a dominating team capable of winning the Super Bowl. sure, winning playoff games is better than not, but it certainly isn't what we should be hanging our heads on.

I'm glad you are content with that, but for some of us that is no longer enough. This team is right there to be more than that and it sucks that they couldn't take that next step last night.

#32 JetBlue, Nov 14, 2011
  13. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

The reason they don't pass the ball much is because they have a player at the QB position who can't throw. Do you know what that makes them? ... One dimensional. This defense has its flaws but if you think its going to give up any significant yardage or points to an offense that has no passing threat whatsoever, you're crazy.

Let's not lose all perspective just because we got carved up by a multi-dimensional offense led by a HOF QB. How did Fitz, and the Buffalo offense do against our D? What about SD? As long as we can recover mentally we win this game EASILY.

#33 truthbtold, Nov 14, 2011
  14. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

I don't think there that good but the problem is, they have a really easy schedule the rest of the way... Play just about nobody.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's 4:11pm on Monday. 72 hours from now the Jets will be in the locker room at Mile High instead of doing their usual Thursday practice and meetings. They'll be playing at altitude with no time to acclimate to the difference because they couldn't do the usual thing of flying into Denver 48 hours in advance and having their last practice there. They don't have the facilities in Denver to do all the trainer's work that gets done on Monday and Tuesday so they'll likely fly in on Wednesday and get one practice in that afternoon.

The situation just smells terrible for the Jets. Not only is it a short week but it is a short week going on the road to a place that puts real strain on teams under normal conditions.

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

what you are saying is that it is possible that we could lose and be subjected to "we've won 3 of 5" threads trying to pretend our 5-5 record is not a reason for concern?

17. Milliner is your Mommy

Most teams don't have the team of the last decade ahead of them in their division. Yea it sucks Im not saying it doesn't but its not the end of the world. Last years the Packers barely made the playoffs and won. Last 2 times the Pats were all but given the superbowl they blew it against us and they blew it against the Giants in the superbowl.
    All you can hope for is your team makes the playoffs and is given a shot to get there. Grow a pair there are 20 other teams who would kill to have the shot the Jets have had the last 2 seasons.

18. Milliner is your Mommy

You are so thickheaded you are now comparing losing to Tim Tebow to losing to the Pats. Go take your crying to the Bills forums you will fit in well there.

19. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

How about winning the division freakin once, especially when NE's secondary was like the tenth string.

20. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I'd understand losing to the Broncos in Denver on a Thursday after playing a Sunday night game more than the debacle last night.