Poll on TGG Homepage

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 624, Nov 14, 2011.

1. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

The argument is that Sanchez needs more weapons/talent around him?

Santonio Holmes
    Plaxico
    Dustin Keller (a weapon, but he just never throws to him anyway)
    Last year (I know its 2011) he had Jerricho Cotchery & Braylon Edwards
    Shonn Greene --- very capable RB
    LT --- solid 3rd down back option
    Not the best O-line, but definitely not the worst either.

There are QBs working with much much less.
    A huge part of the blame goes to Schotty, but this talk about surrounding Sanchez with more talent is getting ridiculous.
    Picking a 2nd WR and a blocking/pass catching threat TE in the upcoming 2012 draft is not going to change anything.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Absolutely, he got it down to a TD game and then the D allowed NE to march right down the field and extend it to 2 TDs again. You need a defense to get stops to have a come back- they failed in Oak, they failed in NE and they failed last night when sanchez could have brought us back each time.

3. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

again dunbass, you don't get it. anyone can go to one game or a handfull of games, but it's the overall that a player is judged on.

according to your way of looking at sanchez, he should be compared to arron rogers, LOL. maybe in LA LA land if we only look at a handfull of sanchez games we can make a claim to last years superbowl. idiotic thinking.

4. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

the offense has a certain responsibillity in there also, and that they need to allow the defense to get the proper breather and rest so as to be able to go back out on defense refreshed to give the good fight. this offense doesn't do their end!

5. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I'm a big Sanchez fan but if a team offered up 2 first rounders for his duties I think I would take it. That being said, I would like to see him play under a different O.C. first.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I always hear the TOP excuse, the O controlled the clock most of the night even w/ all the TOs and we ended up about even. The O definitely gets their share of the blame but the specific question was could Sanchez lead his team back down 14 pts and there's little doubt he can but you need to get stops hwther it's the title game in Pitt, in oak week 3, in NE week 5 or last night.

7. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

The whole offense was horrible last night. They made the worst defense in the nfl look like the best defense in the nfl. McKnight's fumble was a killer the game overall sucked the big one nothing seemed to go the Jets way.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

How old are you? And are you drunk?

9. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

I am holding my judgement of him (and more specifically, his potential) until Schotty is gone.

10. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

happy birthday, mark sanchez. happy 25th birthday, on 11/11/2011. guy is such an old bum.

what an embarrassing poll.

11. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

What GM would give up 2 first rounders for a 'game manager' who will be free and clear without a contract after next season?

I don't think everything is Sanchez' fault...but the guy has to take some of the blame.
    There doesn't seem to be any progression of his skills at all, that is the most troubling thing I see.

12. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I was talking out loud at the game last night (I'm sure jonnyd was sick of hearing me) but I can't figure out if Sanchez has been over-coached or is held back too much.

I'm disappointed with his performance, but I have no idea if its because of Schotty, Sanchez, or a lack of time with a consistent offense.

If I had my wish, I'd like to see a good OTA with Tom Moore as the O Coordinator and the same group of WRs from now until the end of next season.

If Sanchez plays like shit, them I would have to think that he is the problem and he will never be anything more than a manager.

If there is another uptick in performance, then I would have to think Schotty is the issue.

I'm undecided at this point. We could have worse QBs than Mark Sanchez.

13. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Eli was the first overall pick and sucked donkey balls his first 3 years.

And he won the SB by divine intervention in year 4.

Drew Brees needed 5 years to get to this level.

You need to give Dirty time.

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yeah.. We could have Matt Cassell or Rex Grossman. We're so very fortunate to have Mark Sanchez as it certainly could be alot worse. Kinda like having a flat tire in a rain storm. At least you're inside a car that doesn't leak but you're not going anywhere.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Blaming Mark Sanchez for this loss just shows how stupid a lot of this fan base can be.

The missed field goal on the opening drive was terrible. The offensive scheme was terrible. The blocking was terrible. The McKnight fumble was terrible. The second half defensive scheme was terrible. The Shonn Greene drop triple-tip INT was horrible. The checkdown pick six was terrible.

The entire team lost this game: offense, defense, and specials.

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Andre Carter had 4 sacks. When a bum like that gets four sacks, your offensive line is a mess.

No quarterback will be successful getting sacked that much.

We have two proven receivers, an under utilized tight end, a powerback that can't catch or produce big plays, an aging 3rd down back, and swiss cheese pass protection. Wayne Hunter and Matt Mulligan were trash last night.

The Patriots have three capable wideouts and two excellent receiving tight ends. Their offensive line also made our pass rush look non-existant.

17. felker

felker Active Member

Phillip Rivers has had Norval and Marty as his head coaches. Look what happened when Brees escaped that circus.

18. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

i'm quoting this bc people need to realize this.

Brick has been one of 2 people on offense not having a shitty year. the other, looks like fucking Thor.

when one of your most consistent players on offense gives up 4 sacks to whom exactly? shit ain't all good on offense. blaming mark is typical, and sad.

does mark sanchez impress me with his awesomeness, no.
    but he's not the sole reason we lost. i do think he regressed some this year. but again, he's not the reason we lost.

19. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

My problem with that is that is like saying the (insert any team) needs a pass rush, oline and deep threat and they will be unstoppable. Sure,if any team has all the pieces in place they will be unstoppable but the fact of the matter is that is HARD to do to have EVERY facet of your team be completed. We have pieces on the field but the pieces arent fitting.

20. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

bc the person moving hte pieces, doesn't see how to make them fit.
    i hate hte blaming schotty shit. but its more on him than mark.

fact is, you look at every team without a brees, brady, et al and there's a good chance they're not happy with their OC either.