Poll on TGG Homepage

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 624, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

While I understand your frustration, I have to remind you of something:

QBs under Schottenheimer's tutelage didn't fare well. They all prospered once the shackle that is Schottenheimer was lifted.

Sanchez is shackled by Schottenheimer so far. Once Schotty is canned and Jets get a 'real' OC, then it will give you a better barometer to judge.

2. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

I'm not sure he'll ever be elite - but I'll take him on my team any day of the week. This guy is MENTALLY strong, I don't think he gets enough credit for it. Extremely resilient player who has already proven he can bounce back from adversity.

He definitely needs to improve, but this is a guy I really enjoy having on my team because he is usually quite a clutch player.

3. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Sanchez was brutal. No need to defend him. Overthrowing countless receivers (Dustin Keller, Plaxico on TWO diff end zone passes, and more i cant think of) , getting happy feet in the pocket, taking needless sacks, etc. He has no internal clock in his head at all. Sanchez is a bottom 10-12 QB. The first INT was solely on Sanchez as well. Did he really expect Greene to catch a missile thrown at him from like 5 yards away? Where is the touch at? There is literally no improvement from this guy and its now year 3. Good QBs still find ways to be effective with an average OLine and the fact that no strides are being taken shows you that this kid has bust written all over him. For the sake of the franchise, lets hope he proves us wrong because the team is stuck with a very expensive "game manager"...

Btw, how was the game over before the pick 6? There was 8 minutes on the clock and down 2 scores. It wasnt like there was less than 2 minutes with no timeouts....

#23 94Abraham, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  4. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

I do agree that there were plenty of other reasons why the Jets lost last night but.... do you honestly believe that the Jets can come back from a 2 TD deficit with Sanchez at QB? I mean with no help from special teams or defense. Can Sanchez lead the offense on 2 quick scoring drives in a row? I highly doubt that.

5. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

there i fixed it for you. much closer to the truth than the garbage you wrote.

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Yeah the defense drove the ball down in the final drive against the colts last year in the playoffs

yeah the defense came back and won 4 straight games in the middle of the season in the late 4th q

yeah the defense threw the go ahead fade TD to Santonio last year against the Pats

yeah the defense is the only reason why we won these games...Come up with some better thoughts before you state something is garbage. Dumbass.

7. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Sanchez was going up against the worst ranked defense in the NFL, missing 3 starters, using 2 undrafted rookies and a WR playing CB.

I'd love to hear the other 10 reasons why the Jets lost the game.

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Sanchez was part of the reason why we won four playoff games in the last two years, and why we nearly beat both the Colts and Steelers in the AFC Championship games.

I blame last night's loss on the coaching staff. The gameplan stunk, and the players weren't prepared to take the division.

That doesn't mean Sanchez is off the hook. He was up against the 32nd ranked defense that had a few key injuries.

Fuck that game.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Typical fans think the sky is falling w/ every loss as if mark was the reason we lost. He wasn't good but the OL was bad, the D was bad, the STs were bad, the coaching was bad. It's always easy to find a scapegoat.

10. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Whose more overrated,,,, Can't Wait or Sanchez?

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Considering how long Brady was behind the line last night and you compare that with what Sanchez's protection. It just shows how this team has regressed.

Also, Bart Scott sucks

12. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

take off the green glasses and look at games reallistically, dumbass!

fact is, i could go back and pull off stats of some terrible QB's that had a handful of games that their stats could make them look all world, elite QB's, but fortunately, a QB is judged by more than just their best handfull of games.

#32 joesmoe39, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  13. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly. I agree with all of your points. While I don't think Mark had a great game, there were lot's of other things that went wrong. To blame the loss of Sanchez first just loses sight that the team as a whole came up small last night. Getting a new QB here would not solve all of the other problems displayed during last night's game.

The other thing is that Sanchez is going to be compared to Brady because us Jet fans watch a lot of Pats games (moreso than any other teams in the league except for the Jets I would image). You see Brady consistently make play after play (and even when he has off games you see he has many clutch plays that almost win the game - like last week's Giant's game). You tend to think that most QB's should be able to perform that way. Sanchez is always going to pale in that comparison (as most of the QB's will - except for a select few - and only when their OL is giving them time).

14. vxvenom

vxvenom Active Member

Exactly. All these butthurt Sanchez lovers are incapable of realizing this. You don't spend a Top5 Pick (and top 5 money) on a guy to just manage the game three years into his career. If that's all you want, you can take a guy in Round 2 and 3, let him sit for a few years and build up every other position.

Does it take time? Yes. Sanchez hasn't been improving that much from year to year which is the problem. He makes the same mistakes and still can't read a defense, which suggests he just doesn't have it. He is a NFL starter, but by no means a franchise QB.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I know I am not the only one who think this guy has no fucking idea what he is talking about. Drop the kool-aid and go back first to last year's games before you decide to talk shit.

16. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

classic overreaction, happens atleast 3 weeks a year

17. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I don't think Sanchez is in the top 10 QB's right now, but I think that if Sanchez can lead the team to a score to get it to a one possession game he could do it again - given the opportunity. Sadly, against the Pats the defense never followed up a Jet TD drive with a stop of their own. So if the defense can't do that I'd say no.

18. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

We just got swept by the fuckn' Pats. How can fans not overreact?

19. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Sup guys, remember me?

[​IMG]

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

haha, imagine if he was not injured for the year. The kid would be asked to replace Sanchez