If we can't win this game throwing against this secondary

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Cunninglinguist

Cunninglinguist Active Member

Why is cover girl beaming the ball at our RB's like hes trying to kill a bat from 3 yards away
    Why don't he just light a duck on fire and launch from a cannon into Green's nose hole

Look the kid got loads of talent and the IQ of a jar of mayonnaise

#41 Cunninglinguist, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  2. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

What did I say about can't execute?

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

How can you throw it deep when you have scrubs like Carter flying right next to you in a span of 4-5 seconds.

Jets have no burner deep so any time you even want to throw it deep, you need to give the WR's some time to get deep and by that time....Sanchez is running for his life, if lucky.

4. Sciz

Sciz New Member

Two and a half years ago, Julian Edelman was a college QB. Now he's a good enough CB to hold the Jets scoreless on the drive he was in

5. ANJI

ANJI New Member

Funny, I look at the Alex Smith project going on in SanFran and you really get the sense of how much a Great D and Running game can prop up an average QB.

What a fucking waste this guy is, on what I believe to be a superbowl team. The Best jets teams I have seen in my short fan life. To be sooooo Jagish on such a good team tells my that he is probably worst than what the numbers say.

I would hate to see this QB on a lesser team.

#45 ANJI, Nov 14, 2011
  6. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

You're overrating this team. It's just not that talented.

7. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

The problem with Sanchez is we see guys like Dalton and Newton (also a one-year starter in college) lighting it up right away and we wonder why Sanchez is stuck in neutral Year 3. It's a bit spoiled since Sanchez could be in his senior year or rookie season right now, but it's not unreasonable to think he should have progressed more by now.

8. LuvThosePats

LuvThosePats New Member

This is exactly right. You can't expect the long bomb plays if there's no time for them to develop before your QB is getting pressured. Hence the short throws you guys are hating.

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

What Cunn was saying is what I've been saying since day 1 of Mark Sanchez. He has ZERO FINESSE on short passes over the middle.

Everything he throws is a laser. It's completely unnecessary. I know those balls should have been caught but he needs to hit some of these RBs in stride. Once the RB stops and has to turn completely around they are worried about receiving a big time hit and not the ball.

10. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

He'd be Matt Leinart.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Matt Leinart played for a team that was stacked on offense and failed.

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Alex Smith is having success in San Francisco because of Jim Harbaugh. You probably don't know who he is.

Also: I dont like New York Jets! They don't prop up a franchise QB too much because he get sacked too much!

13. JetsFan56

JetsFan56 New Member

uh because the OL wasn't giving him time to throw anything long.

A NFL QB cant throw short, quick passes? Maybe that QB should go to the CFL then

And on one of Carter's sack Collinsworth pointed out Sanchez didn't make the proper OL protection call

#53 JetsFan56, Nov 14, 2011
  14. nixon7

nixon7 New Member

Game plan is the problem. Evidence:
    1) first and goal on the 7, don't even pretend to be running the ball (play action) - problem: telegraph to defense, we are not gonna run
    2) did not run one screen play in the game
    3) hardly ever used two running backs, so defense can key on one back

In addition, never solved the problem with pass rush getting around the corner. One solution: Sanchez steps up, avoiding rush, and allowing blockers to sustain their blocks, rather than run back and away, directly into the direction where the defender has the advantage. Note: this is a problem with trust, Sanchez would have to trust his blockers to sustain, and the blockers would have to trust what Sanchez will do in that situation. This is another indication that the team has not practiced pass blocking properly.

They obviously never practice the screen pass, because on very short throws Sanchez consistently throws too hard instead of letting the receiver run under a softly thrown ball. This is something you could fix in practice, if you knew what you were doing on offense.

#54 nixon7, Nov 14, 2011
  15. ANJI

ANJI New Member

Fixed:up::up::up:

16. steelerblackandgold

steelerblackandgold New Member

Your starting to think now that Sanchez is overrated? Trust me from the outside looking in he sucks. He is missing throws that Tebow could probably make :rofl:. The Jets are a good team but honestly will go nowhere with Sanchez. Put this guy in a hole and any team can have their way with the Jets. It's time to find the next QB of the Jets before anyone takes this team seriously. Sanchez is not that guy.

17. Jagsbch

Jagsbch New Member

Hey steelerblackandgold,

As if Ben Roethisberger is really that much better.

16 TD's to 13 turnovers is not that much better than
    17 TD's and 14 turnovers

18. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I hate to go against a fellow jets fan but Rapistberger is 10 x better then Sanchez. It's not even close.

19. steelerblackandgold

steelerblackandgold New Member

Ben is much better then Sanchez regardless of these statistics. As a Steeler fan we live and die by Ben being a risk taker. He may throw an interception for a touchdwon but he can also make plays other QB's can't. Yes, Ben will leave you pulling your hair out but you can't deny the fact he is good. As for Sanchez he is just downright putrid and alot of times lucky. The only thing keeping him from being Matt Lienart is this defense. When the defense is on the Jets win when the defense is off they lose.

Has Sanchez ever had to put a game squarely on his shoulders and come up big? Ben sure has?

20. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

I'm not ready to give up on Sanchez yet. Get rid of Schotty, and then let's take it from there.