Poll on TGG Homepage

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 624, Nov 14, 2011.

1. 624

624 Banned

...is an embarrassment.

The question and the results are both an embarrassment.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, not cool. Petrozza is prolly just steamed like everyone else though.

3. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Really? Why? You think Sanchez was worth #5 overall or even a 1st round pick? He's an average QB at best. 10 years down the road, or even less, people will most likely remember him as a bust.

4. The Dark Knight

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Take a chill pill, Sanchez during regular season is average and does not blow people away. But he can manage games and he has done so the past two years.

Matt Ryan 0 wins in playoffs
    Sanchez has what 4 wins

Ryan is obviously better QB, but Sanchez belongs in the NFL...Too bad we dont have Brady, Rodgers, or a Manning...

6. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Already we are talking about this? This is his third year, the two years before he played great into the AFC championship game. He needs more talent around him and this loss is totally on us not controlling the ball and defense getting burned. We need a safety, pass rush, and a deep threat. Once we have that there is no stopping us.

#6 JohnnyThaJet, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  7. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

I voted "too early to say", but the Sanchez apologists have to stop acting like Penn State students defending Paterno and jumping on anyone who is questioning Sanchez's credentials as a franchise QB. Its halfway through his third year and everyone should be able to make their own opinion of Sanchez. Just for clarification, I'm talking about questioning Sanchez, not demanding him to be cut like some morons in this forum.

8. 624

624 Banned

Yes, I could name 10 reasons why we lost this game that were more significant than Mark Sanchez.

It was a knee-jerk over-reactionary poll.

9. The Dark Knight

I think the Pick 6 caused the poll to be made. It was so upsetting. Crushing/depressing way to go out. Lots went wrong tonight though.

10. 624

624 Banned

So many more errors not Sanchez-related led to that long shot desperation part of the game where that happened.

11. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

frustrating watching him play. He can't read a defense to save his life. I don't know what to think at this point so I'll just wait and see.

12. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Ok, so you draft a QB at #5 overall to be able to manage games.... Hmmmm, ok... I've always thought that at #5 overall teams draft franchise QBs, which Sanchez is not and most likely never will be. He's just another Trent Dilfer.

13. 624

624 Banned

It doesn't matter if he was drafted #5 overall, a smart coaching staff with a good defense asks a QB in the early stages of his career to manage games.

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Dilfer won a Super Bowl...So, whatev's if Sanchez wins one because of others I wont complain.

But if Sanchez keeps playing like this by the time his contract is done he won't get an extension.

15. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Phillip Rivers is an elite QB that has thrown for 4000 yards and has had great defenses yet Mark has already had better playoff success than he has in his whole career. Franchise QB, the term, is completely overrated.

#15 JohnnyThaJet, Nov 14, 2011
  16. The Dark Knight

To really discuss this question, I would say no to looking for a replacement any time soon. Literally a collapse and say an 8-8 finish then Sanchez playing bad all 2012 would make me consider looking at options before the 2013 season, which is the last on his rookie deal. Otherwise, gotta roll with him.

17. MsuJets

MsuJets Active Member

Can we see him with a decent offensive coordinator? I'll settle for decent at this point.

18. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Its such a cliche but Sanchez has such a case of the following..its so severe...not sure if it can be broken.

He locks on to a receiver and has horrendous peripheral vision. The only way he can see whats going on is when he rolls out. Its so bad..so bad...that I cant remember a QB that has it worse than him. Is it a result of play calling and routes 101? Maybe...but that will take a new OC to find out if that's the case.

19. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Anyone who watched that game tonight and blamed the loss on Sanchez should turn in their football fan membership card and take up another sport to follow - a simpler one maybe, like baseball.

This game was lost in the first half when the Pats were playing like crap, but the Jets could not take advantage. This game was lost when Holmes tripped on the way to the end zone and did not score on the first drive. This game was lost when Folk missed the chip shot, when Wilson dropped a sure interception on the first Pats drive after the missed FG, when the Jets could not recover Brady's fumble on the five yard line, when three Jets could not fall on a fumbled punt with nobody else near them, when Green could not catch a simple five yard pass from Sanchez that led to a two deflection interception.

Mostly, this game was lost by an offensive line who have not been able to protect their QB all season and fell completely apart tonight. Why is it that Brady gets a pass when he is pressured (such as against the Giants), but a loss is on Sanchez when he is running for his life all night and is sacked 5 times??? No QB performs with no time in the pocket.

This game was lost when Schotty decided to abandon ground and pound in the FIRST HALF even though the running game was gouging the Pats. With the Jets gaining 6 yards a carry, Schotty saw fit to throw repeatedly on 2nd and 4 or 5 even though the OL could not give the QB time. Why not establish the run and get some easy first downs on the ground rather than have your QB throw under extreme pressure???? When the running game is working, why did the Jets call 23 passing plays in the first half and only 14 running plays????

When Sanchez made his big mistake and only real mistake of the day - the pick 6 -the game was already over.

Throw in that the vaunted Jets defense was torn up from 1:20 left in the first half through the middle of the 4th quarter. In about 20 minutes of football, the defense gave up 24 points.

How many times was Brady sacked ? (none) How many times was he touched? (twice?)
    How many turnovers did the Jets force? (none)

It is so easy to blame the QB, but tonight the entire Jets team and coaching staff made so many mistakes that there was no way they were winning that game. Sanchez is way way down the list of reasons why the Jets lost. If you can't see that, you don't know the game.

20. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I gotta say....a ridiculous question.

We were a waaayyy better team with Ken O'Brien. Or Browning Nagle. Or Blair Thomas.
    Let's blame the guy because Schotty sucks a fat one. Or because a pass hits Shonn Greene in the hands. Or because we can't tackle Danny fucking Woodhead.

Makes perfect sense to me.

#20 guinness77, Nov 14, 2011