Penn State scandal thread (merged 3x)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That's what pisses me off, a coach buys a kid a cheeseburger or gives a kid a few dollars to take a girl to the movies and they lose scholarships but somehow this doesn't violate any NCAA rules.

I'm just trying to recollect how the NCAA handled the Baylor Murder/Cover Up. I know for one season Baylor could not play any out of conference games but how did the NCAA get involved? Both situations are/were disguting and in a lot of people's minds there is a thin line between murder and child molestation.

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Totally agree that is fucking retarded. Kids can't accept a gift of any type unless it's oral from their defensive coordinator. Fuck the NCAA

3. IATA

IATA Trolls

As much as this sucks, why couldn't it happen to ND? ruining NBC on saturdays for my entire life.

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

So this McQuery guy takes a leave of absence and says he's getting death threats so he went into protective custody. Like a moron, I figure people want his head for failing to save that poor kid from Sandusky. Stupid me, it turns out the death threats are from people who are upset MQ got Paterno fired

Stay classy, PSU

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

We shared the initial thought but when I found out the real reason it shows how moronic these people are. Every time something like this comes out it has to hurt those victims even more. I couldn't imagine living with that pain and the feelings and then when something is finally done that somewhat gives you closure these asswipes are sticking the knife in the wound deeper and deeper.

6. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

WOW, I had the same thoughts, and I am amazed. This case keeps finding ways to get even more disgusting if thats possible.

7. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Are you serious? Wow. Now I can finally get into college football. I've all of a sudden become a huge fan of every team Penn State plays against.

8. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Just goes to show what kind of brainwashed gang mentality a football program with a iconic figurehead can cause in such a secluded school. Not only secluded geographically, but morally as well.

9. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Should be a sign at the game that reads: ""We are Pedo State"

10. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Playing at Ohio State is gonna be tough. A home game, not so much.

11. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

it's hard to imagine things will get worse but bizarre details are beginning to filter out:

http://www.centredaily.com/2011/11/12/2983611/steps-can-be-taken-toward-happiness.html

Can't find a direct link for this, but apparently this guy was a track star at PSU at some point. Take it for what it's worth:

12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Nothing against the current players, but I'm not exactly heartbroken that they won't have a game ball to march over to JoePa's house to present to him.

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Fuck Penn state.

14. JetsFan56

JetsFan56 New Member

At Penn State’s stadium, profanity, scorn greet one father’s protest

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — In the middle of Curtin Road, John Matko held one handwritten sign in his right hand and rested another against his jeans. Two inches of black tape obscured Penn State’s logo on the 34-year-old father’s hat, as he tried to ignore the jeers, slaps and beer hurled at him.

“Put abused kids first,” one of Matko’s signs read. “Don’t be fooled, they all knew. Tom Bradley, everyone must go.”

Penn State's Beaver Stadium loomed 30 yards away, rumbling with the first roars of Saturday’s game with Nebraska. The sea of blue-clad supporters wearing gray fedoras and camouflage hunting jackets and “This is JoePa’s house” T-shirts parted around Matko.

“That is such bull–-!” one young woman screamed at him after glancing at the signs. “Who the f– do you think you are?”

Eyes hidden by blue aviator sunglasses, Matko didn’t respond.

The night before, thousands of students held candles and sang Coldplay’s “Fix You” a capella in front of Old Main to support victims of sexual abuse. They wanted to show a different side to Penn State than the 40 charges of child sexual abuse against ex-football assistant Jerry Sandusky or the riots late Wednesday after the university fired iconic coach Joe Paterno for his role in the cover-up.

Under Saturday’s cloudless sky, Curtin Street revealed something else.

A beer showered Matko. One man slapped his stomach. Another called him a “p–-.”

“I understand the culture,” said Matko, who graduated from Penn State in 2000 with a degree in nutrition. “I was part of it. It doesn’t surprise me what I’m getting from them.”

Matko drove three hours from his home in Pittsburgh on Saturday morning. He was tired of reading about what university officials didn’t do in the wake of Sandusky’s charges. The father of a 4-year-old boy, he couldn’t stop thinking about the 23 pages of horror in the grand jury’s indictment of Sandusky. Right or wrong, he thought, I’ve got to do something.

Rest of article..........

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ofanity-scorn-joe-paterno/?page=all#pagebreak

15. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

But they did that candle thing for those victims.

What, that's not enough?

I hope they hire Golden and it comes out that he was involved in this in some way, shape or form.

That would bury the program and those stupid fucks that still continue to support it.

16. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

You missed the best parts..

17. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

and they are the ones who said WE don't get it...

19. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

If I was a student at an opposing university, I am pretty sure that I (or someone) could organize a few interesting chants.

1) They are Perv State.
    2) Pedo's go home. Pedo's go home.

Once they go on the road, it is going to get ugly.

I hear they want to go to a bowl game. Can you imagine the circus that will happen if they show up on a neutral site? If they play in the Pinstripe Bowl. I will be out there protesting.

20. JetsFan56

JetsFan56 New Member

Yeah, stay classy.