Penn State scandal thread (merged 3x)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Nov 5, 2011.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

http://www.tmz.com/

2. GordonGecko

His sad excuse for a father is an even bigger pussy than he is. Takes a coward to raise a coward

3. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

This might explain why PennState hasn't let McQ. go:

http://www.freep.com/article/201111...cted-whistle-blower-scandal-fallout-continues

Elsewhere, in forums online, and in comments on other websites, others called for McQueary to be fired, but the assistant coach could be protected as a whistle-blower.

Gerald J. Williams, a partner at a Philadelphia law firm, said Pennsylvania law is broad in protecting a person who reports wrongdoing, as long as that person is part of a governmental or quasi-governmental institution, of which Penn State would be one.

That protection includes any kind of adverse employment action — such as being fired, demoted, ostracized or punished — although a court, ultimately, would determine whether the person is protected if they bring a claim, Williams said.

4. TheBlairThomasFumble

BOOM! Headshot.

Better a ban than to meet Barry at Applebees. :smile:

5. GordonGecko

That sort of makes sense in a fucked up way, but if I'm PSU I fire him anyways and pay up for the fines & lawsuits & whatnot. PSU nets about $40M/year (or they used to, anyways), they can afford to do the right thing

They could also promote him to head wall supervisor in the basement, and give him 51 weeks of vacation time

6. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

They should just put him on leave with pay and then negotiate a severance. The sooner the college is rid of this stain, the better.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Mcquery cant live in pennsylvania anymore...

btw, Jerry built his house 25 yards from a elementry school. Food for thought....

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Sandusky was one of the 2007 commencement speakers at Penn State:

-- 3 p.m.: The College of Health and Human Development commencement ceremony in the Bryce Jordan Center. Jerry Sandusky, founder of The Second Mile, will speak.

http://live.psu.edu/story/24106

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

My thought process on that is that this guy was thinking of his career. He played at Penn St (he was the starting QB in 97 and 98) so he knew what Penn St was and who Joe Paterno was. I think he kept his mouth shut because he didn't want to be the person who brought down Paterno and tarnished the legacy. Throw in his advancement through the coaching ranks is a little bit questionable and could have been a reward for keeping quiet. Turns out his inaction is ultimately what brought Penn St down and led to Paterno being fired but ultimately there is only one person Joe Paterno can blame for his firing... the man that looks back at him in the mirror every morning.

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

There is an interesting connection between missing DA Ray Gracier who was the guy who failed to prosecute and went missing and another DA who had prosecuted a big drug trial from Baltimore named Jonathon Luna. Don't know if both were killed by the same person or there was a copycat but both seem to be similar in that they in both cases the laptops where thrown in a river in PA and the cars not far from the rivers.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bal-lunacase,0,4610779.special

11. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Really just unreal how these people allowed this to happen. Yet now want to be called sacrificial lambs. My ass.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

He called his dad because this was never a right or wrong situation for him, it was a career decision. Dad, if I go yo the cops I am as good as gone here. Well, son, just tell coach and make it his problem. That way you have covered your bases legally and protected the school. Good, thinking, dad, I have my career to be concerned about, can't worry that kids are being raped by our coaches.

The fucker is unhirable at any coaching level. How do you answer "why didn't you call the police when you saw a rape taking place" without looking like you are either a fucking idiot or were just protecting yourself.

#472 JetBlue, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  13. GordonGecko

Putting a face on a name, this is Mike McQueary:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

He comes off better just being an idiot who was too stupid to know better. Which is really sad.

What I don't get if he was thinking about his career, Penn State was suposed to be an integerty first institution. That type of Organization should have help to protect him for doing the right thing. Even if it was helping him find a job at another college program. If his dad did not tell him that he is a fool. Better to take the hit then, then become unhire-able now!

15. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Which is why he is probably refusing to resign. He knows this is it, he is not going to be hired anywhere else...they can't trust him.

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Putting a face on a name, this is Mike McQueary:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

This is my serious take on the matter, I was purposely more vile earlier because of that banned disgusting cunt who should seriously die.

Edit: I want to be clear, Sandusky is the real villain here. However, that doesn't mean there are not other villains to a lesser extent and in some cases worse morally. Nobody involved shouldn't have egg on their face.

Paterno was the institution. He was known to have his hand in everything. Nothing was done without his ok or at the very least without his tacit approval. He can not play dumb in this, it is preposterous and an insult to anyone's intelligence, that isn't an enabling apologist.

He knew, and allowed this to go on for years, they all did. For fuck sake he was friends with this guy. He saw the police reports, heard from that red headed asshole etc. etc. etc. Getting fired is the least that should happen to him.

It is pure garbage to say he didn't know the extent of it, garbage. The heads of the college protected the child rapist because of who he was friends with. The raping cunt was allowed unfettered access to showers and locker rooms with young boys for 9 years after he was allowed to "retire" from numerous allegations. WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF.

That isn't an oversight. That is being complicit, that is essentially being an accomplice. Lets call a spade a spade here.

So JoePa literally didn't have his own 2 hands down a kids pants that we know of, but he sure as shit had his hand up the AD, the hierarchy of the school's ass, making them his own personal puppet. He allowed it, he should pay! It makes me sick even looking at that old douche.

Edit: My wife was a sex crimes detective in St. Louis, so I know all about child predators and how they need enablers to attain access to children. Sandusky had shit load of those.

#477 Miamipuck, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  18. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Other than being prosecutors, there are not a lot of parallels between the two.

Luna's body was found, with multiple stab wounds, face down in a ditch. His car was still running. Speculation abounds as to whether it was a murder or suicide.

Gracier's body was never found and his keys and wallet were missing. Cops searched Gracier's home computer and found internet searches for "How to erase a hard drive" and such. To me, that indicates he had something to hide and/or run from. I can't see how any of it is related to the Sandusky case though, other than him being a pussy for not prosecuting Sandusky when he had the chance.

19. TheBlairThomasFumble

OK, let me play devil's advocate for a second. <Asbestos suit on>

I'm trying to think of a reasonable explanation why McQ. didn't, to paraphrase Gunnery Sgt. Hartman's last words in Full Metal Jacket, "stomp Sandusky's guts out."

-Is it possible that Sandusky had tried to molest McQ. when he was a kid? McQ. grew up in State College and wanted to play at Penn State desperately.

-Likewise, is it possible that he was just so shocked by what he saw - a respected coach raping a kid - that he just froze up and ran? In other words, instead of thinking "cool. Coach is getting laid" the guy just panicked and ran?

I just can't wrap my head around him not stopping it.

20. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Yup. I love the JoePa apologists saying that JoePa didn't have the same facts as the Grand Jury, so how could he know? Plausible deniability bullshit. JoePa probably has a wealth of information that the Grand Jury didn't have since this predator was one of his closest allies for decades! He had to approve of the early retirement, and was well aware of the circumstances and package they gave Sandusky to keep this all under wraps. He knew how dangerous this man was. Then when he's told about the incident that McQueady personally witnessed, he buried it to protect his image and that of the school. His comments in the past week demonstrate that he is STILL primarily concerned with protecting the school and his image and could care less about all of the victims who've had their lives ruined by this monster. It's disgusting.