Penn State scandal thread (merged 3x)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Edit: I saw that you had been warned already... enjoy your 10 days off. By my watch you'll be on the bench for both the Pats and Broncos game.

2. Barry the Baptist

San Antonio , Texas now looking into a possible assualt that took place during the 99 Alamo Bowl with victim #4. So he's forced to resign but still travels with the team for bowl games and still allowed to bring small children with him...

http://www.kens5.com/news/local/Sandusky-indictment--133645548.html

Now I can not find any links but I have heard rumors that in 2005 current Panthers LB Dan Connor was suspdended for 3 games because he allegedly prank called a "former Penn St assistant coach" to the point it became harrassment. Wonder who he was calling and what he was harrassing him about?

And anybody who wants to defend Paterno , it doesn't matter what the GA told Paterno because we know for fact that 3 words transpired in that conversation

Sandusky, boy, shower

Regardless of what else was in that conversation those 3 words make me want to vomit and I know as any moral human and I'm not much of that I would be on the phone with the police immediately. Anybody who wants to use the "he followed the chain of command" argument. I'd buy it if it was the GA who went to to the AD, he's nobody, he is following the chain of command but Paterno is Penn St much like Bear Bryant was Alabama or John Wooden was UCLA. They are immortals and they called the shots on campus. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out that Paterno was the highest paid state employee in the state. I'm Joe Nobody at work, bt saying Paterno followed the chain of command? That would be ok if somebody was stealing from teh university but not regarding child rape.

3. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Sickening.

http://deadspin.com/5856777/

Here's another tidbit - so now we can surmise one likely reason why the campus police didn't do shit after the 1998 incident, and why the 2002 incident was never pursued. Basically the guy who had oversight over the police on campus was willing to lie under oath to cover things up. What's to stop him from shutting down investigations?

•The graduate assistant informed Joe Paterno the next day, and Paterno told Curley the day after that. About a week and a half after that, the graduate assistant met with Curley and Gary Schultz, Penn State's Vice President for Finance and Business and the other school administrator to be charged with perjury and failure to report an allegation.

Schultz's duties included oversight of the university police. He testified that he was aware of the 1998 incident and acknowledged similarities between it and the 2002 allegations. But according to the grand jury report, Schultz "never sought or reviewed a police report on the 1998 incident and never attempted to learn the identity of the child in the shower in 2002. No one from the university did so. Schultz did not ask the graduate assistant for specifics. No one ever did. Schultz expressed surprise upon learning that the 1998 investigation by University Police produced a lengthy police report. Schultz said there was never any discussion between himself and Curley about turning the 2002 incident over to any police agency." The graduate assistant was also never questioned by police.

4. Barry the Baptist

5. Odd Neck Stems

He sounded significantly less professional than the student did.

Not a defense of the Penn St. students, but trying to imagine the incredible disappointment and confusion of having one of your lifelong icons and father figures be a part of something so monstrous is going to create emotions that are more complicated than "he should pay." I understand the desire on behalf of the students to want to know more about what exactly Joe Paterno knew, his relationship with Sandunsky, and what he was told after he reported to the AD.

The rioting students are being childish and moronic, but understanding where that frustration comes from is a lot more productive than completely dismissing them - and any student who wants to know more facts before committing to an opinion should be supported as they sort through the information and the emotion.

6. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

7. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

You call the cops. I don't care who you are or what title you have, if you know of this shit going on, you call the fucking police. Its so simple. Anything short of reporting this to authorities and having this guy arrested makes you guilty also. I was a fan of Paterno, but I have to say I am utterly disappointed. I feel sick towards the whole organization for being spineless and unfathomably selfish.

8. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I don't think anybody is ignoring Sandusky, its just the fact that there is simply no debate about whether what he did was right or wrong. For some reason there is a debate about what Paterno did, although I think its pretty obvious he is also at fault. Is he the rapist? Of course not, but his inaction is similarly disgusting.

9. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

I don't even think its about the debate. We all know that Sandusky is going to jail for the rest of his life. That monster is going to get his...its a certainty. I think in the case of Paterno, McQueary, etc. its about accountability. These men stood by with knowledge of the atrocities and swept it under the rug. We as human beings can't let them get away with turning a blind eye to this. They must be held accountable or what kind of message are we sending as a society? Thus, the entire circus surrounding JoePa, I believe, is more about accountability then anything. We need to send the message that ignoring the actions of a pedophile is just as, or near as, worse as the actual crime.

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The jounalist, Murray, who leaked this story in March, is now reporting the scandal to be a lot deeper than we all thought but knew it could get to.

The guy is reporting Sandusky "pimped" the kids out to boosters or people with money who became "boosters" to get money for the program.

#450 GQMartin, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The trustees changed their minds again. McQueary will not go to game for safety concerns stemming from "death threats".

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

They need to fire the guy seriously.

13. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

If Penn State enabled the trafficking of children for sexual pleasure...the school needs to be dissolved.

The school will be stubborn like Paterno and won't dissolve itself but people, just like recent recruits who withdrew acceptance, will never go there again forcing it to dissolve.

Just wait guys. It's coming.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Most people will look at resumes of students from Penn State and toss them out.

16. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

thats a long process at this point. it still has a strong tradition.

i mean, dont get me wrong, the place is gonna be a shell of its former self, but some will stand by it and it will drop over time.

what they need to do is move their focus to education. the atheltic reputation is fractured beyond repair

17. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

Penn State Pedophiles

McQuery....i predict will commit suicide before this is done. his life is over
    Paterno... will die shortly. his life is over

these motherf*ckers PROTECTED and ENABLED this monster to keep choosing troubled kids without voices(parents) to let him keep his party going on. they ALL deserve nothing but death, and death is coming there way.

18. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

This is what pisses me off about the Paterno apologists. You KNOW about 98 and still allow this fuck to use your program to intice young boys. You allow him to bring young boys to the dinners, to the practices, etc. C'mon son!

19. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

20. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

My problem with McQuery is his age at the time of the 2002 incident (he was 28). He acted like a teenager by running to his dad first, then allowing Joe PA to handle it without calling the cops. I would feel bad for the guy if he was a kid like he acted. But he was a man then and should act like a man now and resign.