Penn State scandal thread (merged 3x)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Nov 5, 2011.

1. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

And your job upon SEEING it is to call the police.

I don't like Joe Pa but I don't see how your giving McQueary the pass. Fucking bullshit

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Great post, can I Sandusky you?

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

I said on the 2nd page of this thread yesterday the biggest dissappointment is McQueary not killing Sandusky with his bare hands on sight.

I think the cover up Joe Pa and the AD/VP performed speaks more volumes about why McQueary was scared to tell anyone in the first place.

It sounds like PSU was a wild west town and Joe Pa was a dirty sheriff. an idolized man nobody would dare question or stir controversy with. especially if you have hopes of working up the rank.

My ultimate point is dont let that be overshadowed by the fact that the ultimate man in charge realistically, not on paper. is Joe Pa. Sandusky is one of his best friends and multiple accusations brought to your attention and instead of doing the thing any grown adult with a shred of decency would do, which is alert the authorities.

instead he thinks its "good enough" to just tell people whos job is to do damage control for the university.

sorry Joe Pa failed his ultimate test of character.

if your a manager at work and an employee tells you they saw a co-worker anal raping a little boy on the copy machine. do you go to the ceo and think its ok for him to insinuate that it will be taken care of? or do you go to the people actually who EXIST for this exact type of event?

im 25 and i can see how wrong this was dealt with, first by McQueary for not repainting the tiles in the bathroom with Sandusky's blood. and then by Joe Pa for COMPLETELY sweeping this under the rug.

all he did was pass the criminal charges onto his higher ups in a half assed attempt to clear his conscience.

when Joe Pa says "in hindsight i shouldve done more" no fucking shit he admits guilt for not fulfilling a very common sense moral duty in his position with that very statement.

and I doubt McQueary wasnt the first time he heard rumblings of this going on. it started in 94. he knew the guy forever and was one of his best friends.

no fucking way Joe Pa did what was "necessary"

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

im not if youd actually waited for my response. and i never did i addressed this yesterday.

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

This times a million. If you saw the movie Drive, that is exactly what I would have done.....The elevator scene. I wouldn't care about getting arrested, you can not rehabilitate child predators short of the Smith and Wesson cure, that is it. They deserve to die summarily and without remorse.

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

do you honestly think that the decision not to report was done without Paterno's knowledge? it was only his defensive coordinator that was the subject?

even ignoring that probability, it has been said to death -- he did the bare minimum he was obligated to d under the law but nobody is seeking to prosecute him for that. he is being persecuted for his lack of social responsibility, not legal responsibility.

this is so simple it shouldn't even warrant questioning.

and the Graduate Assistant should be next to be persecuted for his lack of further action, but Paterno is the bigger fish to fry.

7. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

This is a repost from earlier in the thread - but you and I are on the same page here, 100%. The GA failed as well:

This is spot on. There are moments in life where a man has to take decisive action and do the morally right thing even at risk to himself. This is the true test of manhood.

Maybe you're walking home and a house in the neighborhood is on fire. You see the arsonist standing by the house with gas and matches.

Do you just call 911 and stand there while some kid is screaming for help from a window or do you try to do something, anything to help him in the meantime? Hell tell the kid to jump and you'll catch him before he burns to death.

The GA made the call to 911 but let the kid burn to death and then, let the arsonist walk around Penn State without ever apparently saying "I don't care what JoePa and the campus bigwigs think. Sandusky is guilty of a crime."

And in the meantime more kids burned to death.

The GA absolutely failed his test of manhood.

8. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

TBTF seriously. your gonna go about tackling, wrestling with and trying to kill a nude 60 yr old with a boner. ughhhh ill just call the fuzz thank you very much

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

in all seriousness, he was a 6'4" 280lb 28 year old former QB. he would have fucked his old ass up and not broken a sweat.

the fact that he called his dad, then proceeded to never force the issue once it became clear the University wasn't going to do anything about what he saw, reveals he was more concerned about advancing his coaching career, because to force the issue certainly would have put that in jeopardy. he's a POS too.

10. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

I'm sick of these moron Penn State students and alums making excuses as to how Paterno did all that was required of him. REALLY. THAT IS THE MESSAGE YOU WANT TO SEND AS GOD-LIKE FIGURE? That you just follow protocol and don't go the extra-mile, fuck that not the extra-mile but the simple act, and call the cops or make sure that Sandusky is brought to justice. Paterno did what was required of him as a Penn State employee, but not as a fucking human being. He disgusts me. Too long has he hid behind that mask of a feeble old man who happens to coach a college football team for many decades. A deplorable man and an even more deplorable place to have so many people brainwashed that sitting there in silence while atrocious acts of child molestation and prostitution (if the new reports are true) is not a morally reprehensible act. Shame on these fucking turds and shame on JoePa and McQueerfuckface. He should've painted the shower red like his fucking carrot top head.

11. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I've got another target for scorn.

What about the Prosecuting Attorney who didn't file charges against Sandusky in 1998, when he had a case presented to him where Sandusky admitted to naked bear hugs with an 11 year boy in the shower? Sandusky also admitted that it was inappropriate and that he wanted to die, which demonstrates that it was more than just horseplay? Besides who showers with little boys that are not their own, let alone touch them? While it wasn't buggery, it is certainly assault and/or battery of a sexual nature deserving of SOME criminal consequence, right? Get him in the system, put him on probation, maybe he's listed as a sex offender. That prosecutor was/is a pussy.

12. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

And to think that Integrity Awareness Week was kicked off this week at Penn State. Seriously.

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2011/11/today-marks-the-beginning-of-integrity-awareness-week-at-penn-state.html

13. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

14. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

15. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

16. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Yeah, how dare a guy who suspiciously disappeared and was years later declared dead let someone off the hook like that. Coward.

17. JetsFan001

JetsFan001 New Member

The case of the missing prosecutor is eerie, too.

18. JetsFan001

JetsFan001 New Member

Yeah. Talk about timing.

19. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I think if you give college kids a chance to go nuts in the streets,they'll take it. I think it has more to do with that than any of the issues at hand. But thats just my opinion

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member