Penn State scandal thread (merged 3x)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Nov 5, 2011.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

this is a thread about morality since most people's repulsion to children being raped is based on their belief that it is morally wrong, not because it is illegal. of course nobody believes you were ever smart enough to grasp that to begin with.

2. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

of course it is but people are losing sight of the true evil men in this scandal

3. JetBlue

no, you are just simplifying the situation.

4. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

dude you are digging a soxxx-like hole here with your lack of understanding the disgusting nature of this situation.

let me ask you this, if your kid was involved in this, what would your feelings towards paterno be then?

i can give you my answer: i'd hunt him and the rest of them like liam neeson in Taken. they are all morally despicable in this situation.

and with the news of the supposed pimping of these kids by second mile, it is just gonna get worse.

you gotta look past football here. that is the most minor area of this thing. this is about a man who took advantage of vunerable and impressionable young boys, sold them in a way to other pedophiles, and got away with it by the lack of morals displayed by the rest of his co workers.

seriously, read the grand jury testimony, think of how you would feel if this was you or someone close to you. then look at your moronic comments. it will all make sense.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

This is part of my "Amongst Other Things" Campaign.

I have to be a decent e-person in non-TT forums.

6. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

if it were me id call a couple of hard, pipe hittin people to go to work on sandusky, with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch...i'd get medieval on his ass

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...you'd know a thing or two about getting hard pipe from blacks.

I love the edit, by the way. If a mod saw the original, you'd hopefully get perma-banned. ...fucking racist POS.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Can we get this looney banned?

9. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

none of you have seen pulp fiction? you should be banned

10. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

i didnt edit that must've been a mod

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I did the edit.

and jerseyjet received a warning.

12. Acal

Acal New Member

"We know you don't understand. Generally, we don't try to explain. Unless you are a Buckeye or Fighting Irish, you probably don't get how an institution embeds itself in a student's life. And that is fine.
    But right now, we want you to know this:

We are distraught and truly sickened by this horror perpetrated on young victims by one who represented the Blue and White, and perpetuated by others at the University. We aren't blind followers who drink Blue Kool-Aid. We grieve for and with the victims and their families. We pray for them to find healing and peace and a way to live a good life.

We know that while many people had responsibility, the most visible one almost always goes down first. We are not disputing the need for this to happen.
    We are not "defending" anything. We are simply crushed and heartbroken. This is not the Penn State we love, the Penn State that is part of our being.

What you know of Joe Paterno probably comes from television or magazine articles.
    We know the man who has lived in the same McKee St house for decades. We have chatted with him as he walked to practice. We have eaten ice cream with him at the Creamery. We have studied in the new library wing his money helped build. We have visited the sports museum and spiritual center he also helped build. We have seen him cheering on other Penn State athletes. We know he loves Penn State as much as we do.

Some of our friends, brothers, husbands, sons have been privileged to put on the Blue and White uniform and listen to 100,000 fans in Beaver Stadium. We know how hard they have worked, how much time they have devoted, how many of them have been part of an excellent scholar/athlete legacy...and how much they love this man and this program.
    We aren't stupid or naive. We know Joe Paterno has culpability. We know he could have made different choices - he admitted that. We don't think he is God or always perfect or saintly. But he is the greatest college football coach ever, and he is PSU family, and we don't want his exit to be like this.

WE ARE...not closing our eyes, ignoring reports, pretending this isn't a wretched occurrence.
    WE ARE...angry that innocents would be violated under our care.
    WE ARE...in support of appropriate punishment for every person involved.
    WE ARE...demanding change to a system that would allow this.
    WE ARE...not concerned if you do not understand our love and devotion.
    WE ARE...PENN STATE proud and we will rise again."

Sandusky murdered this institution and the livelihood of over 15+ boys, this story is just horrible.

13. JetBlue

I don't know, the edit is far more offensive. African folks? I could understand "brothas," or "homies."

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Our ganggreen hero to the rescue.

15. JetBlue

you gotta fix your edit, too! African folks!!! that is hysterically bad.

16. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

the better question is why does posting the best quote from the best movie of all time get me a warning

17. JetBlue

because one, you don't deserve to quote one of the coolest movies of all time. and two, you deserve it.

18. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

this probably the best written message board post ive seen since this shitshow began

19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

because you are a freaking retard........

I hope Joe Paterno dies in a fire, he is a useless, spineless, enabling POS! Just like you!

20. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I think Joe got the pick of the litter, probably bought his silence.

#380 Miamipuck, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011