Penn State scandal thread (merged 3x)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Nov 5, 2011.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/11/10/why-are-college-kids-defending-joe-paterno/

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I hope Steve Spurrier and Ellis Johnson rape your kids.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

jerseyjet0912 doesn't posses the ability to think. the brain in her head is apparently just a showpiece.

4. JetBlue

the amazing thing is that the students are such imbeciles that they don't realize how defending Paterno and protesting actually does a disservice to him.

if Paterno loved Penn St so much and held its ideals to high regard, then to honor him so would they, and the only way to do so would be to hold him accountable.

but they aren't interested in supporting Paterno, because their support inherently contradicts why they should defend his firing. all they are interested in doing is throwing temper tantrums like 5 year olds.

this has nothing to do with anything but themselves and being given an excuse to whine.

5. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

spurrier is jesus christ in this town. anyone tried to fire him we'd make that psu bullshit look like a peace corps rally

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Columbia must have changed since I left, because a lot people wanted changes to the program when I was there.

Your ignorance keeps growing with every post in this thread. If Spurrier does get canned, and you're one of the 12 idiot, redneck fans that riots, I hope you get shot in the face with a rubber bullet.

7. JetBlue

anyone still feel that the poor football players are just poor children and victims too who don't deserve to have their football dreams be mildly inconvenienced and not mimic what they always hoped it would be just because some 10 year old boys had to go ahead and get butt fucked in their showers? oh, it just isn't fair that LSU will likely get to play for the BCS Championship because nobody butt fucked children in their facilities but the poor Penn St. players will miss out on an equally exciting life experience through no fault of their own. it just isn't fair that everyone's football experiences aren't equal.

8. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

actually what should happen is hiring mike leach as the OC. spurrier, much like paterno is past his time but still gets good recruits in here

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I was surprised Joe Paterno did not resign on Monday.

My father, like me, wonders if Paterno used to have sex with Sandusky on occasion.

10. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Rubber bullet? You're going soft, E.

11. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

So this story about Sandusky has me thinking of a friend who went to Penn State in the 80's and was a team manager for JoePa while there. For a little background "Steve's" family is a Penn State family with everyone going there. From his grandparents to his parents to him and his sister. When "Steve" came home after graduating he was never the same. He had trouble holding onto jobs and attemped suicide at least twice that I know of. His Family got him into therapy and just as he seemed to be getting his act together he died in an accident (a few years ago).

With this story coming out I keep wondering if this preditor was already up to his evil and may have attacked my friend who never revealed it to anyone. Was this the reason he was never the same? I will never know but the situation is too horrible to imagine.

12. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

i doubt he attacked your friend. he seemed to like them in a specific age group. your friend was too old for that group.

i wouldnt be surprised if he witnessed something awful, though. i mean i know if i walked in on a man diddling a boy i would first attack, then freak the fuck out, then get the authorities, then probably need years of therapy from the horrible images of that day.

13. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Number of parents, survivors of sexual abuse or acquaintances of survivors of sexual abuse present at JoePa rally last night: zero-point-fucking-zero.

What gets me the most about the news last night were the kids complaining about "60 years, and all he gets is a phone call?!"

Ugh. Somebody's been thinking for the last 20 years "I got raped and sodomized, I had my childhood stolen from me, and all I got was a memo?"

14. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

Those kids are morons. they are giving the university an even worse name with their actions and thought process.

bottom line is joe paterno and the rest of the athletic department higher ups, as well as mqueary, pushed this thing aside by doing the bare minimum to deal with it, and that is morally disgusting.

and in the cases of curley and schwartz (i think thats their names), also lied to a grand jury about sexual abuse of a minor, which is morally AND legally disgusting.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Good point...It could be feasible

16. Odd Neck Stems

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Perfect representation of the pathetic dumbasses that make up a good amount of Carolina's student body. I know I'm a recent alum and my girlfriend still lives in Columbia so I visit quite frequently. There are times when I think its really great and I love the University but then I run into stupid f*cks like you that completely ruin the place.

There is more in life beyond Red Hot Tomatoes, frat parties, and football believe it or not. Luckily to some degree its stupid punks like you that will be unemployed in a couple years because you are absolutely clueless about life.

Sorry for the dose of harsh reality but to make comments like these after little boys have been raped you are tarnishing a place dear to my heart.

18. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

19. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

^ go preach morality somewhere else