Week 10 - Patriots @ Jets discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Johnny English, Nov 6, 2011.

1. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

I have no idea what to expect put pf the jets. the key to this game will be the defense. watching the giant game showed everyone the blue print for how to beat the patriots. unfortunately not many teams almost none, us included can do what the giants do. which is collapse the pocket with 3/4 guys and dominate there offensive line. so we will have to get pressure and guess right on our blitz packages.
    while i hate the patriots with a passion im in shock of ll this talk all over the media about how much there slipping. While the giants beat them, they weren't blow out and they never look lost. There in every game so i hope no one is fooled to think there on a downside. The other thing that's quite scary was if you watch the giant game even with 7 guys in coverage at times, welker is uncoverable. hes open on almost every play. truly mind boggling. with that said f-them and i hope rex put together a game plan and we just beat the hell out of Brady all game, if that happens we win.

2. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Maybe consider concentrating on making capital letters and apostrophes before you worry too much about a football game.

3. Mangold Goldman

[​IMG]

4. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

the pats are a bunch of front running punks. i have no doubt this game will be a revenge game for the jets. if sanchez stays composed we win by 20 points at least

5. 624

624 Banned

I made it all the way to "pf".

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

The Jets created that blue print.

7. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

This lol. Play man to man and rely on your line to get to him.

8. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Injury notes:

Spikes and Chung didn't practice. It looks like Spikes is pretty unlikely to play, which is good because Guyton sucks as a run defender.

Josh Barrett got put on IR. If Chung can't go for some reason (I think he'll play honestly) that'll only leave Ihedigbo and Sergio Brown as their only safeties lol. you should read the pats forum regarding this potential scenario. it's pure joy.

"they're gonna hang 50 on us"
    "Sanchez is gonna look like the brady of old"
    "we're LAST with Chung. imagine how bad we are without him"
    "Sanchez is gonna look like aaron rodgers out there if brown and ihedigbo are starting"

#228 jets_fan_in_fishtown, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  9. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I expect it to be a close game. While the Jets don't have the personnel to do what the Steelers and Giants did, the Jets D is built back to front. Outside of a 73 yard escape due to broken coverage and a missed tackle, Welker had 4 catches for 52 yards in the last game. If Welker and Gronk are kept in check, Brady will have to rely on lesser options to throw too. Hernandez has a squeaky wheel and Branch & 85 aren't what they once were. With the DLine humming as of late, I don't expect BJGE to run wild on us like last time.

While I believe in my heart of hearts it will be a close game, I am so hoping the Jets dismantle the Pats once and for all and dominate them the entire game. I'd love to see a 17 point lead going into the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter.

10. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

the steelers and giants tried to do what WE did. the giants less so, but the steelers tried to copy our gameplan pretty closely

11. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Yea, for the last decade.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Life is short and then you're bad again.

Somebody needs to do a doctoral thesis on what life as a Cowboys fan is like right now, with all of those great memories fading into the past and all of the expectations that come with them being missed on an annual basis.

13. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Except you missed the part where I said our D is built differently - back to front.

We may have laid the blueprint out there, but there isn't a team in the league with the cover corners we have. And there's no sense in arguing - the Steelers and Gints DLine is head and shoulders above ours. There's no one close to JPP or Osi on our team. But we can lock down the WRs like no one else in the league.

So there's a huge difference in the type of team D we are fielding.

14. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

I agree with you, dynasty's can not last forever.

But the Pats have had a hell of a 10-year run.

Jets have a great chance to change the balance of power in the AFCE this Sunday night.

Let's see how it plays out.

15. LiveFromThe718

LiveFromThe718 New Member

Agreed. And given how we played them in the playoffs last year it appears the Pats respect the hell out of our secondary and coverage schemes. Thus week 5 with law firm's 27 carries. They ran the ball 35 times at an average of plus 4ypc.

We've played the run much better lately no doubt. And maybe the formula isn't much different than it was in Buffalo (defending the run vs 3 a spread offense) but I am a little concerned. If were gonna be in sub and dine packages all the time, and dare them to run....well we did that last time .Hoping Ellis gets a decent number of snaps to show us something.

I'm interested to see how Billy B attacks us offensively ( I'd bet the TEs see more targets than Ocho/Branch) and what adjustments Rex makes on D post week 5. If theyre gonna be effective on the ground it'll be problematic.

16. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I sure hope Burress is okay for the game. We could be without Pool, too. We really need our defense to be on point.

17. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I think that the Pats have to try and get Ocho working this week; without Tate and Price he's the only thing they have resembling a deep threat, and they have to stretch the field in order to get our secondary sufficiently spread out to give the tight ends and halfbacks space for short receptions. If they don't keep the secondary honest by throwing the ball long then the Jets will be able to keep the space behind the LOS clogged up and that makes Brady's favourite targets less effective, both in terms of targets and YAC.

Ochocinco and Brady haven't clicked yet, but they're both good players and we have to respect what they can do if they do find a connection. Belichick and Ryan like to hit each other with the unexpected; last time it was the run, this time I think he's going to try and get deep threat working.

18. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Yes they have......but now its our turn.....but as you say...let's see how it plays out. :up:

19. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I was thinking along those lines too. That would also potentially keep Revis off Welker, so Wilson may get a chance to prove just how much Revis has taught him...........

20. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I can't see that. Cromartie's at his best when he's in a footrace, as long as he can avoid giving up soft PI flags I'll happily back him and his athletic abilities against Ocho; Revis has to put Welker away for the afternoon.