Penn State scandal thread (merged 3x)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Inexcusable. The monster wasn't taking a shower with the boy, he was raping *god that makes me sick* him. Most of you know the hubs will be seeing this sick bastard soon. They'll have to put him in protective custody thou, even prison has it's peer system. Child molesters are loathed.

2. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Lets see what the NCAA has in-store for Penn State. I think this is just a little worse then tats for jerseys.

3. Odd Neck Stems

I'm not going to blame the grad assistant - I can understand, given his position, freaking out and not knowing what to do in the spur of the moment... He has no power in the situation, and even though I don't agree with his actions, I don't place the blame on him, especially since we don't know all the details of his situation. Joe Pa, though, had time and the ability to see justice carried out. He didn't have to make a split second decision to confront an authority figure - he was THE authority figure, and it is completely his moral responsibility as the figurehead for the organization to make a stand if he knows something is wrong. It's a damn shame that his legacy will be, in part, defined by this, but he has no one to blame but himself for how this will be interpreted.

What a sickening, disgusting story.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

This will be a legal matter where people will be going to jail, this is not something the NCAA can penalize PSU on the field.

5. Pam

I don't know what the NCAA can say until a trial has been held? Maybe junc or one of the other guys that knows their shit can answer that.

This is horrible for all PSU alumni and fans. PSU has an outstanding Veterinarian program, an awesome medical program combined with Hershey Medical Center. I don't want to see PSU known only for this scandal. *sighs*

6. Jam.

Jam. Banned

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

This is one of the most disgusting sports related incidents I can recall. It is bad enough that it occurred, but for the people in power to be so indifferent about it and simply do the bare minimum to report or investigate it is sickening.

8. ShadeTree#55

I made it to page 8. What the fuck?

9. Pam

Exactly! Who knew it, when did they know it and why in the fuck didn't they do anything about it! It reeks. I couldn't read the whole report, my tears wouldn't let me go any further. Not only do I want to see jail time and loss of jobs, I want to see these kids to get some damn kind of justice. Financially if needs to be.

I'm outraged, as an alum, a native of Central PA and a die hard fan of the sports programs.

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I don't see how he can possibly even stay through this season. I think he's coached his last game

12. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

He has to announce his resignation. This is bad.

13. Pam

I think you could be right. This sucks!!!! So much for the team that has been playing it's heart out this year. I could choke Sundusky myself. Rotten bastard. And the rest that "allowed" this horrible stain being swept under the carpet. Unbelievable. Just unfuckingbeleivable.

14. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

And what really makes me sad is that these boys - now men - have to live with that sense of disgust about themselves when they did nothing wrong.

15. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I don't think the NCAA can (or will) do anything to PSU.

1) The NCAA has always been shy about hammering state owned universities like Penn State. Typical victims of sever NCAA penalties are private universities like USC, SMU, and Miami. Hitting PSU with a huge financial burden would ultimately fall onto Penn taxpayers who might look into what the NCAA is all about.

2) Finally and most importantly, I don't think the NCAA has jurisdiction over a situation like this. This is a criminal matter and not an issue of paying players to show up on campus.

16. Pam

Here's what really gets me. The assistant SAW what he was doing! He saw the little boy against the wall. For the life of me I can't understand why, dear lord WHY not stop it! Then wait a day to tell Coach? But didn't tell him the whole story, just he saw something inappropriate? UGHHHHHHHH.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Herm Edwards said it best. you see some shit like that, it is fighting time. you may get your ass whooped, but as a man you step up to put a stop to it.

18. ShadeTree#55

If Paterno is coaching the team this weekend it is a disgrace. Talk about a PR nightmare.

19. 624

624 Banned

20. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

seriously.
    i read that whole thing. too many "wtf!??! why didn't YOU call the cops?" going through my head.