AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Lol so I am not qualified to criticize a tv show? It would be nice instead of just spouting off nonsense you read my initial posts......but nah why bother doing that.

I will probably have 36 more posts in this thread complaining about it. I am sorry I missed the memo that said I have to read the comics to properly opine on a mediocre to bad tv show that showed a lot of potential.

As far as being butt hurt,the vast majority of my posts are not critical at all, many are part of back conversations or praise the show. I don't see why you are acting like a schmuck over 5 +/- critical posts....

Sorry I didn't read the comics and you think I am deriding your fapping material.

#521 Miamipuck, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  2. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

It's rare when a show hits the sweet spot of actually being a pile of shit but still having people interested in discussing/defending it(see LOST) and watching and making fun of these types of shows are almost as good as actually watching good TV.

3. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

It's racist.

You can ask my wife.

4. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

No doubt.

She should be the next WYHI pinup

5. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Honestly, I like the show...is it the greatest hell no. But it's a show about Zombies...I'm not really looking for life changing events here.

But, if anyone ever played Left 4 Dead, I think the show would be do much better following that kind of story line.

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The only poster that's "butthurt" here is you. You're upset that we dislike a shitty television show that you enjoy.

This thread is for discussing this show, is it not? I don't have to say good things about it. That's not in the rules.

The source material is excellent and the show is failing. The only reason it's successful is because simpletons will overlook details because zombies get shot in the head and there's gore.

There's no character development. Just because Daryl walks around in the woods by himself, doesn't mean he's developing as a character. Stop using that as an excuse for the show being a shitty TV drama with no storyline.

I thought that American Horror Story was fucking horrible, so I watched the first few episodes, talked about how stupid it was, and moved on. TWD is different - I see the potential because I read the source material. With each episode, my confidence that this show will turn into something it's not, drops a little.

If things don't change this season, I will stop watching and I will hope that it fails...there's no need to waste a primetime spot on television's best channel.

#526 Mr Electric, Nov 8, 2011
  7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

That's not what it's supposed to be about. Everyone assumes that and acts like it's okay for the show to have shitty writing because it's about zombies.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Looking back 9 pages ( I have 30 posts per page as my default), there has been nothing substantive discussed about the show from those "who like it" about what they like and why they like it.

I'd love to understand why people are not stopping like myself. Because like I said, after last week's episode, I'm calling it quits.

I agree with Mr. Electric on pretty much every point he's made and there's no need to elaborate more on what's already been said. So consider me confused.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I admit, the writing stinks.

But I didn't have high expectations to begin with. It's still something to watch after Boardwalk Empire and before Dexter on Sunday nights.

If the writing continues to be this incompetent, I'm sure the series won't last.

10. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I clicked over during the game last night, and I saw the part where they decided to drop Glenn into a zombie well.

Don't know why, don't care why: that's all she wrote for me on this show. You do not drop Glenn into a zombie well, for any reason, I don't care whose keys are down there. They wrote a black guy into the show for things like that.

11. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Maybe your perspective is different since you read the "source material" aka the comics.

But when the show is called The Walking Dead, and you haven't read the comics...to most people, it's a show about zombies. Not sure what to expect assuming those two points.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm trying to decipher which is less believable. Dropping Glenn into a well with a zombie or Glenn fucking that hot farmer's daughter.

13. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

About time the Asian's are representing on a show outside of hawaii 5-0

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Sorry for being intelligent.

Do you pay attention to the fucking show? The survivors are The Walking Dead.

#534 Mr Electric, Nov 8, 2011
  15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I thought I told you I'd ban you for unauthorized intelligence.

16. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

I'm sorry you equate intelligence to anything involving a TV show.

17. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Clearly not as much as you do. Unlike you, I really don't fucking care. It's a TV show...it's entertainment. I don't get paid to watch shows and bitch about how they suck. I don't have time for that shit.

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Clearly, you have just as much time as I do. ...and clearly, you're wasting your incredibly valuable time by watching this show.

You're right: TV is entertainment. So, when I watch something...I want to be entertained. This show is a mess. And it just filled the time slot of the best show on television.

I will only watch TWD online from now on. Hell on Wheels, Boardwalk Empire, and Homeland are far superior.

It's sad that you don't. What's the point of watching something if it doesn't make you think?

#538 Mr Electric, Nov 8, 2011
  19. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

based on the first few posts at the start of season 2 i decided i'd catch them all at season end via torrent. this thread is making me question whether i want to waste my bandwidth. i thought season 1 was enjoyable - overall. the first few were good, each one slightly worse than the previous; then it got bad. if its gotten worse i don't think it lasts another season. i can't see the folks at AMC, who know they have a hopper full of golden programming, signing on for more.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The pilot was awesome. ...and then what you just said happened: with each episode, it's become progressively worse.

It's already been renewed for a third season because of great ratings. Those ratings will drop if this show keeps going at this pace.