'This is the week it has to happen'

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETSJETSJETS17, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Prince of Thieves

Prince of Thieves New Member

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I think it's a gradual process, to me step one was the first win at home with Rex in 2009, ending their 8-game streak of beating us at the Meadowlands. Next step was splitting last season and winning the playoff game up there--thus going further than them two seasons in a row.

Now it's time to pass them in the regular season and win the East, get the home game, etc. They lost their game at Buffalo so yesterday gives a leg up in tie-breakers if we can get the split and we both hold serve the rest of the way.

3. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

I feel ALOT better about this game than I did the week 13/14 last year, or whatever it was. Even though the circumstances were largely similar (same record as the pats with the potential to be first place in the division), I was really nervous that week and had a bad feeling about going up there considering how well the pats had been playing.

this week, I feel pretty confident and it's the ideal time to pounce on them. The jets have their identity and confidence back which goes a very long way.we're also relatively healthy right now. Pats could have some key injuries on defense and overall they're reeling and not playing that well.

I DO have a feeling that the pats defense will play better than they have. They seem to raise their level of play against us regardless of stats, but I think we'll limit brady to 20 points or less and be able to exploit their defense at the right times

4. RMorin

RMorin Member

Have to take a few shots down the field. Not saying don't run, but have to take a few shots. Pats secondary is one of the worst in the league. James Ihedibo is covering people as the safety. Pats secondary are completely undisciplined; we will get the big gains or PI calls, just throw it down the sidelines.

5. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

Almost 10 years since we last tasted the division title. Yesterday's ass kicking of Buffalo was the first step to getting it.

6. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

I think we should come out the gate using our RB's in the passing game. Let's get LT and Shonn some screens. They're going to come out trying to prove two things #1 That their coverage isn't as bad as bad as everyone thinks #2 That they can completely shut down our runs up the middle.I'd come out the gate getting LT in space. Maybe even some McKnight here and there.

7. CrusHaN30

CrusHaN30 Member

Exactly....people are acting like "the Jets are finally gonna defeat the pats"....but we did beat them when it absolutely mattered most in January last year when all the chips were down in their own houses.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

don't forget miami winning and falling a game back in the luck standings

9. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Member

Jets already ended the Pats run last year in the playoffs.

Who is really worried about the Pats? Not me. They're not built to win in the playoffs.

The Ravens are the team that concern me the most

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The Ravens aren't built to win in the playoffs either.

Joe Flacco is a bum.

11. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Mostly agreed when it comes to Flacco, although he played GREAT against the Steelers this week. He really did.

But, I think the Steelers are more of a threat because their defense is still solid and they have a proven QB in Roethlisberger.

12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'll feel good after we beat the The Pats this week. Let's get control of the division and go from there. Until we do, I'll reserve judgement. Last years playoff game means nothing right now, just like 45-3 meant nothing to the Jets in the playoffs last year.

I'd like to avoid the Ravens. They are the one team that owns us.

13. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

They' may be 2-0 against us the last 2 years, but they do not own us. Not in my mind.

14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Too lazy to look it up, but hasn't it been almost 10 years since we've beaten them?

Either way, it's the one team we always seem physically intimidated by.

15. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

We can win against elite quarterbacks. Elite Defenses are more a problem.

16. jetmart

jetmart New Member

In my mind we will beat the Pats.

There's been reference to needing to avoid the Ravens, as we've not beatem them for 10 years. There's an even longer streak, as we've never beaten the Eagles. It would be awesome to finally beat them at their place.

:eaglessuck:

We need fear no-one.

17. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

Our LB's trying to chase vick around is a kind of scary...but that's still a long time from now

18. Tenn_JetsFanatic

I hope they whipp the shit out of them this week and run around with there arms out like they are flying

19. Tenn_JetsFanatic

In fact, I hope we whip the shit out of everyone and hold our arms straight like they are flying.

20. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

haha it's like you know me. this is going in my sig