AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I have a feeling he failed at pharmacy sex in every way.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

beyond that, who really wants to drink the water a bloated, pussing zombie has been wallowing in for God knows how long -- the very reason stereotypical black guy got the water smacked out of his hand in the first place. will removing the zombie somehow make the water drinkable?

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Yeah...these writers should be taken out into the woods and shot.

There's no continuity in this show's storyline. A lot of viewers will easily overlook this stupid ass mistake because the zombie ripped in half.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Look what's happening with The Walking Dead. The show's gone no where.

This is three episodes in a row spent looking for a stupid little girl with an ugly dyke for a mother.

You know what else is incredibly stupid? Sending Glenn into that well to tie a rope around a zombie when you already have four more wells. It makes no sense. People are smarter than that.

What were they going to do if they got the zombie out "cleanly"...have someone drink the water and then wait a few days to see if they turn? Stupid fucking writing.

The mistakes this show has made are laughable. I keep watching it because the source material is top notch. It just sucks that they only followed it for the pilot episode and went in a completely retarded direction after.

5. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Don't you freaking get it‽‽‽

WE, the audience are THE WALKING DEAD!!!

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

That's exactly what I was thinking electric. Even if they got the stiff out of the well, the amount of chemicals they would have to use to treat the water would make it unsinkable anyway.

So I had to stop the DVR and concluded I'm done with the show. I'll check in to see if there was anything notable.

7. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I think that if you're prepared to accept the concept of human beings being turned into undead cannibals who can survive seemingly forever between meals, we can accept a couple of skips in logic.

I think the show's OK. I've never read the comic books and don't watch much TV other than sport, though.

8. 624

624 Banned

I don't like that way of thinking though.

Obviously it's not realistic compared to real life, but there should still be no obvious plot holes in accordance to the rules of the life in the show.

I haven't watched this show, I'm just talking for Fiction in general.

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It's so much more than this.

The main problem I have is the action/drama is forced.

For example when the veterinarian says I expect after you find the girl you will move on. It was like they painted themselves in a corner and were like "shit they are stuck at this ranch with no reason to leave..." "fuck it, just have the doctor kick them out".

If they progressed Shane, maybe his evilness would have led him to ousting the shitty family at the ranch or whatever. Seeing as everyone is saying they aren't following the graphic novels anyway what the fuck does it matter?

Right now this shit is on life support and it's clear why Darabondt left. The show is ponderous and doesn't know where it wants to go.

#509 GQMartin, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

No it is the other way around. I ripped a TV show you hold dear to your heart. You responded by making a personal attack. It was extremely light but it was one nonetheless.
    I am not a big zombie fan by any stretch. Last zombie film I saw had Sarah Polley in it. I took a look at TWD after I heard good things about it from other people and read reviews in magazines and newspapers. It has become worse. The zombie in the well scene was asinine on so many levels. The pregnancy will become an extremely annoying storyline. I may give up on this show soon.
    I expected more from LOST. Sorry to offend you, but in my opinion it became so extremely ludicrous that I had to cease watching it. With TWD I went into it expecting some ridiculousness, but this show may also eventually reach a point where I will not bother anymore.

11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

You sound pretty angry that the show isn't as good as you had hoped. It's simple. Stop watching.

12. LostInMA

LostInMA Active Member

That actually was in the graphic novels.

13. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

The well thing was stupid as hell, but let's not pretend there weren't many examples of that crap in the comics.

Anyway, this episode sucked. I kept waiting for something to happen, but nothing. I guess they're trying to develop the characters a little more, but it's going way too slow.

I still think the show has potential, and if they get to the prison then it should turn pretty epic.

The comics are amazing though. Blew through the first 11 volumes in 2 weeks and more than a hundred bucks for my iPad. The show isn't close to the comics entertainment value, but it's still enjoyable.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

This is just an excuse fans of this show are using.

The writers of this show aren't developing shit. It's going nowhere.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Nothing about this show is epic. Watch Breaking Bad, Deadwood, or The Wire. Your opinion about this garbage will change.

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Lol I get you are a fanboi and don't like criticism of the show. If you don't like my posts criticizing your favorite show, here is idea, don't fucking read them. Simple right?

Why would I be angry if a show stinks. I never had any expectations other than the first episode being very good relative to the crappy last 9.

Edit: Just saw you are a fanboi of the comics, I never read them, so my expectations were minimal. Here is a deal, I am criticizing the show, ignore my posts and I will ignore.............

#516 Miamipuck, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  17. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Farmer's daughter is smokin' hot.

18. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

-real talk-

The pharmacy sex scene should have gone full on comedy relief though. My mind wandered to Glen taking her hand and lustily saying, "It is time for you to experience all the mysteries of The Orient."

Then it cuts to them lying on the floor, and farmers daughter has an annoyed look on her face as she says, "I didn't know the mysteries of The Orient included micro-penis and premature ejaculation!"

Then the camera zooms in on Glen with an embarrassed look, and the Fail Trumpet plays loudly -- WAH WAH WAHH WAHHH!

#518 Scruggy, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  19. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

What confuses me is why when people hate something so much that they want to stop watching it, they still talk about it in this thread. If you don't want to watch it, fine, peace, let those of us who like the show talk about it.

20. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Heh.

Dude, you have 36 posts in this thread, and nearly all of them are deriding the show. Week after week. You're second behind Mr Electric on people who are butthurt over the show not being as good as anticipated. Actually, your criticism is even worse since you haven't read the comics. At least Mr E has a basis for comparison.

I started reading the comics after season one. I'll tell you that the show isn't as good as it could be, but jesus some of you take this shit way to seriously. It's just a TV show.