COD Modern Warfare 3

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by nyjetsfan18, Oct 8, 2011.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Fuck it, I'm getting this at midnight after I see Harold and kumar.

2. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Midnight launch tonight, took off work tomorrow.

Oh, it's on like fuckin Donkey Kong. My clan all has elite purchased and ready to rock tonight.

I won't sleep till the plane ride to NY this weekend.

3. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I ordered from Amazon. Will expect it at my doorstep when I get home from work tomorrow. Hopefully one of my friends picks a copy up at midnight so I can get high and play for a bit

4. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

This game looks good and so does BF3, but i can't play FPS anymore. i hate getting beat and cursed at by 13 year old kids who can play all day and become good.

i used to be one of the best quake 1/quake 2 players in the world (literally..ranked), so now everytime i play a FPS now online i just get pissed off that i'm an adult and can't dedicate enough time to get good at these games anymore.

#24 jets_fan_in_fishtown, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  5. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

My biggest problem with FPS games is the camping sniper that makes up 75% of matches these days. MW2 and Black Ops were terrible in this respect since you could just post up in a building with some claymores and a teammate at the door then pick people off with 1 shot as they cross a hallway.

IDK if MW3 has destructible terrain like BF but it would come a long way towards ridding campers. Either that or some other gimmick players could use to out the K/D nursers.

6. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I dont believe there is destructible terrain, or at least to the effect of BF3.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

just pre-ordered...will rage tomorrow night after work

anyone see the new commercials for this...they are hilarious
    [youtube]zuzaxlddWbk[/youtube]

8. p00ch0

p00ch0 New Member

Had the game since yesterday... Big mistake with 2 midterms coming up this week, and I'm in the middle of a major project at work... Oh man... Why did I have to get it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

9. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

taking my son to the midnight release in Downtown Brooklyn GameStop. they told me they had 1000 preorders for the game. im leaving at about 10pm to get there by 1030pm.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I thought MW2 was just unplayable. I'm not the best multi-player guy out there to begin with but could hold my own in MW, but MW2 just benefited great players to such an extent that it made anyone not as good a sitting duck.

I would like to give MW3 a shot so I will be interested in reading what you guys think about it.

11. p00ch0

p00ch0 New Member

Single player mode alone justifies the 65 dollars. Only played about an hours worth, and its amazing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

12. ukilledkenny

Your a quarter of the way done.

Not worth the 65 dollars by itself at all.

13. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Idk if amazon can pull off the wizardry at this point but I paid 57 bucks last night to have it shipped to my door tomorrow. Beats having to drive to gamestop to pay 67 after taxes . I have a prime account though, not sure if that makes a difference.

14. Drew

Drew Active Member

The one on Court St? I used to go there all the time when I went to St. Francis..

I'm going to head out to Best Buy at like 11:15-11:30 and snag one. Didn't preorder, though.

15. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Just got home, purchased a turtle beach headset so I can blast the shit out of my speakers and chat with my clan after hours without waking up the girlie.

Game fucking on.

16. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Are those any good? Amazon offered a discount on these headphones but it seems like overpriced pandering. I have a set of Grado cans that connect through my surround sound for the xbox. Would I be missing anything?

17. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Not really sure how they compare. All I know is that these are pretty clean in sound and provide 7.1/chat and an adjuster at hand of bass/chat volume/game volume/and something called expanded so you can manipulate the volumes to your liking.

They are pretty awesome so far, I just want to get the damn game. Gotta wait 2 more hours...

18. ukilledkenny

Turtle beach headphones are the shit.

Just got back with the game. Multiplayer will commence shortly.

19. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

Ok, 1:20 til the release in Vegas. Didn't preorder this one but I've got the cash to go to walmart, which I just called and they're reporting no lines.

Shall I pick this bitch up tonight or stick to BF3 because its better? Anyone taking a break got an opinion? If nobody takes a break I'll also have a pretty good idea.

20. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

^I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.