11/1/2011...Uncharted 3

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Hemi, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I played the first 6 chapters last night. Best start of any of the Uncharted series so far. It's pretty incredible. The new melee system is cool, and the first part of the game sort of gets you used to it.(without giving too much away)

There also is a little twist in the beginning which was a pretty cool change up. If I wasn't so tired last night and prepping for this new job interview I have tomorrow, i would have played more.

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Yeah this game is pretty dope

3. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I was reading this thread and getting excited for picking up a new game. Didn't know it was PS3 only.. oh well

4. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I'm on chapter 9. The aiming is kind of clunky, but other than that, it's an amazing game and a must buy.

5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I piledrived through the thing over the last couple days...

The aiming thing bothered me the most. It wasn't quite as silky smooth as uncharted 2 was, and it can get you into trouble at times...

But other than that great game, but as I said in a previous post, the biggest complaint I have had with the series, is that the games are a little short.

Particularly this one the story at the end felt a little rushed. Its was like the Climax just kind of arrived for me, almost as though I missed a step or something.

But like I said, awesome game, definately worth the buy, and the many play throughs it will undoutably receive. It also leaves a few questions hanging in the air, one big one (well big to me anyways) that is sure to be important down the line as the uncharted series continues...

6. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

bought it today.

used my $30 kmart gaming coupon from arkham city and got this for $30, and got ANOTHER $20 coupon for buyin this game lol. i love kmart for games.

on top of that, i got the new ps3 wireless headset/headphones for $60 marked down from $100. it was a bundle deal where you buy uncharted 3 and get the headphones for $60. so i paid $90 for $160 dollars worth of shit, AND got another $20 coupon to use on Skyrim in a week or so

7. jets_fan_in_fishtown

3D gaming is fuckin awesome. makes this game so much better than it already is

with shooters, it really helps aiming too.

it's worth the extra cheese to spring for a 3D TV and most new PS3 games seem to be incorporating native 3D to their games

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

The game keeps freezing during cutscenes and sometimes when loading. Driving me crazy. Could it be the disc or my old ass PS3?

9. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Really could be either. I'd guess the old ass PS3 first if its a brand new game.

10. jets_fan_in_fishtown

I've had freezing issues with both uncharted 1 and 2. uncharted 1 i bought used and had to exchange it because of that. didn't have too many problems after that. 2 sometimes just freezes randomly. not enough to annoy you but it happens. some developers have issues with freezing (see Bethesda) so maybe it's a pattern.

i'm sure you probably just got your greasy fingers on the Blu ray disc lol

11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Ugh. It froze after surviving this vicious gunfight. I'm going to try returning the disc.

12. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

This game was about as epic as anyone could have hoped. The ps3 I played on was very new so I didn't have any freezing issues to deal with. Pure perfection.