'This is the week it has to happen'

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETSJETSJETS17, Nov 7, 2011.

1. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

"If this is our time to take over the AFC East, this is the time to do it," Tomlinson said later at his locker.

"This is the week it has to happen. … I'm telling you, it's on guys' minds."

If this doesn't get you jacked up then you are not human.

Is it Sunday yet?

2. Mangold Goldman

Cant wait.

I know our running game is really clicking right now, but we have to exploit that porous secondary next week. Last time we played them I don't think we did enough of that, but now our o-line is giving Sanchez time and the running game will help with the play action.

Like LT said, this is the time to take it. Lets go babe (Rex voice)

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

This is an opportunity we cannot waste. The Pats are reeling and we've been playing good football. It's time to stomp the Pats!

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I thought last year we would take over the AFC East, but we all know how that went. This time though we are playing dominate football while the Patriots look very lost.

Plus this game is in our building, im sure a lot of Jets fans have been waiting for this game since the day Brady stepped on the field.

A win Sunday, and eventually clinching the division could mean the end of the Patriots reign.

5. Mr3rdDown80

Mr3rdDown80 Member

THE TIME IS NOW!!

got my tix. im about ready to start tailgating. already decided i'll be taking a sick day next monday.

should be a wild one. hopefully we stomp on their throats while their down.

WE GOT THIS!

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Rex and Schotty like the running game because among other things Sanchez gets more support from it. But even the Steelers passed the ball big time against that weak Pats' secondary.

My guess is the Jets will try and stick with ground and pound, but I think they will have to throw in some vertical plays. It will be too tempting not to.

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Wasn't our fault the Patriots went 14-2, we split with them and beat them in the playoffs when it counted most.

8. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Sanchez has been throwing it a lot better. And it seems like the whole league has copied the Jets playoff defensive scheme with a lot of man with hidden zone. The time is now to take the division. Our running game is clicking. The short and intermediate throws are on target and Plax seems to have his legs under him finally, better than that sluggish running the week before San Diego.

9. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

We can't get swept by the Pats. No fuckn' way in hell. We're winning this game, and the players better be fired up as hell for this one.

10. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

Biggest game of the year. Cannot wait to see this one.

11. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Yesterday was one of the greatest football days in a while. Not only did the Jets beat the Bills, but the Patriots lost too. Awesome. I am so happy the Pats lost.

This coming week I’m going to be thinking about the game against the Pats every day all day. I’m going to be nervous. The good news is that the game is gonna be Sunday night so I can watch it at home (I’m out of the market), on my own TV in my own living room, with the sound as loud as I want, with no douchebags around.

I both dread these games and look forward to them the most.

12. Big Blocker

Something different is happening this year. It's kind of weird how the Jets lost three in a row, and now look great. And I always get nervous before Jet games.

But I had a lot of confidence before the Buffalo game. I just knew the Jets were going to win it. I feel the same thing about the Pats game. F those guys. Why be nervous?

The time has finally come to begin putting the Pats in their grave. We might not be totally there until Brady retires, but it might not take that long, actually. It's not their end yet, but you know? I think we can see it from here.

13. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Scoring in the 1st quarter would be nice. Going ahead on the first offensive possession is key to get the crowd in to a frenzy and to get in the the head of the Pats that they are in for a long day.

14. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

What does that mean the Steelers have a great passing attack.

16. Big Blocker

The Steelers like the Jets prefer to run the ball, or at least balance their passes with a good running game. So far this year they have passed the ball 205 times and rushed it 232. Yet against the Pats I think they passed it like 50 times.

17. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

[YOUTUBE]x5I8yku2Jjc[/YOUTUBE]

To embed, you remove everything from the url except for the set of letters and numbers after the "="

18. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Gotcha but they still have a lot of success throwing the ball.

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

But but but the Patriots don't lose 3 in a row!

If the Patriots lose 3 in a row their bandwagoners are going to jump ship.

20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

This really is the time. Hopefully, the success we had the past 2 years have led to a defining moment this week. It would be very nice to look back on this coming Sunday and say, "That is when the Jets officially became the team to beat in the AFC East."